Football podcasts

Gash

1 hour ago, ExiledGeordie said:

All with smiling faces is great. Great insight, plenty laughter. Don’t take themselves too seriously. 

Nah. They seem like nice blokes. But there is hardly any insight. Just like talking to your mates down the pub.

I think they also get bogged down on certain points of contention and get quite heated arguing said points. Not that I mind them being passionate and arguing it.  But it just takes over the discussion a lot of the time and goes on for far too long.

Some of the discourse around ASM for example used to be tiresome. They would just argue back and forward between two of them for about 20 minutes and never concede ground. Boring as fuck. 

13 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Nah. They seem like nice blokes. But there is hardly any insight. Just like talking to your mates down the pub.

I think they also get bogged down on certain points of contention and get quite heated arguing said points. Not that I mind them being passionate and arguing it.  But it just takes over the discussion a lot of the time and goes on for far too long.

Some of the discourse around ASM for example used to be tiresome. They would just argue back and forward between two of them for about 20 minutes and never concede ground. Boring as fuck. 

Fair enough mate, I really enjoy it 👍

24 minutes ago, Jordan said:

Anyone listened to football between the lines? Flav and the guy who runs the HLTCO account on Twitter. 

Going to give it a go. It’s the Crystal Palace guy, no? He’s been on a couple of podcasts with Flav and been pretty good.

All with smiling faces is great. Great insight, plenty laughter. Don’t take themselves too seriously. 

It’s definitely the best Newcastle one. It’s big plus point is the people on it are likeable unlike a good section of the true faith one

Edited by gdm

19 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Going to give it a go. It’s the Crystal Palace guy, no? He’s been on a couple of podcasts with Flav and been pretty good.

Yeah, i like what ive seen of him on things like the overlap and his own stuff regarding other clubs seems well researched. 

Had enough of ones like totally football show. 

Fair enough mate, I really enjoy it 👍

Yeah, it's decent enough compared to the others.  But I don't think anything on there is particularly insightful outside of 'X had a good game.  Y wasn't very good.'  They do good insights on takeaways, mind :lol: 

1 hour ago, gdm said:

It’s definitely the best Newcastle one. It’s big plus point is the people on it are likeable unlike a good section of the true faith one

Also agree with this.  Actually think some of the TF lot are great with their views and analysis.  Some are painful to listen to and offer fuck all.  Reminds me of the way my parents and family (not big football fans) comment on England games in the Whatsapp group :lol:   Others can make some great points, but also come across as pretentious and boring/unlikeable fuckers at the same time.  The balance is usually off, for me.  

Both are much better than the Athletic one.  Which I gave up on ages ago.   

1 minute ago, Lush Vlad said:

Yeah, it's decent enough compared to the others.  But I don't think anything on there is particularly insightful outside of 'X had a good game.  Y wasn't very good.'  They do good insights on takeaways, mind :lol: 

Also agree with this.  Actually think some of the TF lot are great with their views and analysis.  Some are painful to listen to and offer fuck all.  Reminds me of the way my parents and family (not big football fans) comment on England games in the Whatsapp group :lol:   Others can make some great points, but also come across as pretentious and boring/unlikeable fuckers at the same time.  The balance is usually off, for me.  

Norman Reilly And Corby are excellent. I quite like Mick Martin too to be fair. 

1 minute ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Norman Reilly And Corby are excellent. I quite like Mick Martin too to be fair. 

Yeah don’t mind them. Norman can be a bit much tho. Not in a bad way but in a my heads spinning after you talking for 5 mins way 

Second Captains is the sole football pod on my rotation at the minute. Ken despises Howe though and most of the contributors have no time for Newcastle. 

On 27/08/2024 at 09:04, Lush Vlad said:

My family WhatsApp group usually consists of “good” followed by “yes” and “yes” from my uncles and dad. Or “Longstaff poor,” “yes”, “yes”.

My brother’s girlfriend looked at it one day and asked if we were illiterate

Just been listening to Allardyce on Undr the Cosh. Did briefly talk about his time with us and described it as "the right club at the wrong time".

According to him, Shepherd promised Sam a circa £35m budget but it went out of the window when Ashley came in, and he had to largely build his team by recycling the Parker and Dyer fees. Mentioned that Modric was spoken about with Shepherd and he was going for circa £12m before Ashley came in and he had to make do with cheaper players.

He said Parker cited the atmosphere in the stadium and "the fans not liking him" as his reason for wanting to leave.

Blamed the Portsmouth at home debacle as the point the fans turned and said "it was almost like they were waiting for something to go wrong". Also said the injuries to Owen and Viduka hurt him a lot as with those two up top we'd have been top half regardless because they'd score a load.

Would recommend those who are easily enraged not to listen to it :lol:

Had a quick look out of curiosity and within 90 seconds he's on about the terrible state of the country cos it's "wokey". The question was "was there a bullying culture" back in his day? Good stuff, good stuff. Reminder that a Premier League club appointed him quite recently. :lol:

Podcast recommendation for the day is The Blizzard's Greatest Games. They've not done one for a couple of years but some really interesting stories. Jonathan Wilson is the regular voice. Here's the one on Ujpest:

https://open.spotify.com/episode/7nxiPvduLp7n5iyk21jQLl?si=rNb2-C70R5q2-CI_eFbrfw

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Had a quick look out of curiosity and within 90 seconds he's on about the terrible state of the country cos it's "wokey". The question was "was there a bullying culture" back in his day? Good stuff, good stuff. Reminder that a Premier League club appointed him quite recently. :lol:

Podcast recommendation for the day is The Blizzard's Greatest Games. They've not done one for a couple of years but some really interesting stories. Jonathan Wilson is the regular voice. Here's the one on Ujpest:

https://open.spotify.com/episode/7nxiPvduLp7n5iyk21jQLl?si=rNb2-C70R5q2-CI_eFbrfw

Loved that. If you ever want to impress upon current players the legacy they can leave through victory then get them to listen to this. Such detail and understanding of the context and personalities involved. Fantastic listen.