Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

Guest firetotheworks

Colo will be fine with a decent midfield in front of him. Seb Larsson would be mint, but I dont know why he'd snub Birmingham to come here.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Danny Simpson and colo are going to get torn a new arsehole in the prem. Def need a new RB

You just wont let this year long vendetta against Colo drop, will you?

Didn't win one header tonight

Simpson I agree with, he's been absolutely shocking in the last 3 months.

Sign Doyle and Fletcher, sell shola and best. Loan ranger for the season.

Bring in larsson and ledley on a free. Retire butt, sell Nolan for £2m ,Smith about the same.

That's 4 positions filled for a net layout of around £2m. With a drastically reduced wage bill. Piece of piss this management lark!

Danny Simpson and colo are going to get torn a new arsehole in the prem. Def need a new RB

You just wont let this year long vendetta against Colo drop, will you?

Simpson I agree with, he's been absolutely shocking in the last 3 months.

Sheffields goal was a pre-view of how he will fare in the PL against big and fast players. He can not mark big players on set pieces. He is to slow and short. If who ever in charge next season can organize so he doesn't have to have those duties, I think he will do just fine next season.

Aye defo a new RB, Hutton would be perfect. Think Colo deserves another chance, he's done well this season and can hopefully carry it on.

Anyone read the program? He got asked who he would love to see saying messi but will probably never happen. Then got asked who we would want to sign realistically and said Cecs fabregas.

Anyone read the program? He got asked who he would love to see saying messi but will probably never happen. Then got asked who we would want to sign realistically and said Cecs fabregas.

Who said that?

Colo will struggle this coming season, being  left flat footed will be his downfall. The strikers in the prem are one hundred times what we have been up against in the Championship. Look at our strikeforce, by premiership standards it's very poor and we have a huge goals for in this division...

Guest sicko2ndbest

Colo will struggle this coming season, being  left flat footed will be his downfall. The strikers in the prem are one hundred times what we have been up against in the Championship. Look at our strikeforce, by premiership standards it's very poor and we have a huge goals for in this division...

I agree. I love a ball playing centre half but he dosnt win enough headers or have a quick enough turn of pace to cope in the prem.

Who said that?

Someone called Simon Lythe from Monkseaton

I agree. I love a ball playing centre half but he dosnt win enough headers or have a quick enough turn of pace to cope in the prem.

Carvalho is neither a quick player or an aerial beast but is one of the PL's top CBs. You don't need to be physically great to be a good defender, you need intelligence and that Colo has, he at least deserves a chance. I think he'll do a lot better next season, he has a better understanding of the English game and you could go through countless names of foreign defenders who have taken a year or so to settle in.

Guest firetotheworks

With a better midfield I can see Colo being good. It's that he was constantly tested last season, even if those problems he had the last time rear their ugly head, then it'll still happen less often with a decent midfield.

Carvalho is neither a quick player or an aerial beast but is one of the PL's top CBs. You don't need to be physically great to be a good defender, you need intelligence and that Colo has, he at least deserves a chance. I think he'll do a lot better next season, he has a better understanding of the English game and you could go through countless names of foreign defenders who have taken a year or so to settle in.

Exactly. That's why I cringe when I see people going on about about Bramble having the attributes of a top defender. That's bollocks because he lacks the main attribute of intelligence.

Simon Bird's list is Carlton Cole, Stephen Ireland, Giles Barnes, Jamie O'Hara, Jozy Altidore, Valon Behrami, Kevin-Prince Boateng, Alan Hutton, Graham Dorrans and that Skjelbred fella

can see the likes of villa, everton etc coming in for Cole and Ireland if they become available. Its going to be an interesting summer.

Simon Bird's list is Carlton Cole, Stephen Ireland, Giles Barnes, Jamie O'Hara, Jozy Altidore, Valon Behrami, Kevin-Prince Boateng, Alan Hutton, Graham Dorrans and that Skjelbred fella

Don't rate Carlton Cole at all, no great improvement on avatar. Giles Barnes is too injury-prone, don't need another one of them twats.

All the others seem like decent, plausible targets.