Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

Siphiwe Tshabalala on a free anyone?

Can see Jonas being sold if decent money comes in after all :undecided:

I was just talking about this the other day... not if Jonas leaves mind!

Can Tshabalala play centrally as well? Might be some legs for the middle of the park.

Can Tshabalala play centrally as well? Might be some legs for the middle of the park.

Wouldn't buy him even for free tbh. Didn't looked like he could controll a game or read a game. Has some pace, but that doesn't help much. He's african, too. Which means he will be away for the ACN every two (?) years.

Guest Roger Kint

Not sure about central but as a replacement for Jonas he already has the workrate and poor crossing sorted ;D

Seriously though i wouldnt want to judge him on a handful of games especially for the home nation where he was probably playing above his usual level

Not sure about central but as a replacement for Jonas he already has the workrate and poor crossing sorted ;D

Seriously though i wouldnt want to judge him on a handful of games especially for the home nation where he was probably playing above his usual level

And even that level hasn't convince me tbh.

If he wouldn't have scored that goal against Mexico in the opening game, people wouldn't be talking about him imo.

Guest BooBoo

Usual guff from Hughton today:

No imminent transfers.

No progress on Steven Taylor's contract.

Very little movement in transfer market.

We need to bring in the "right players". Not just anyone.

It's the recession to blame!

Looking at this thread, you've got to be impressed at how quickly and efficiently Ashley has managed to kill off the feel-good atmosphere following promotion.

Did it with one statement too, unless I've missed something.

Looking at this thread, you've got to be impressed at how quickly and efficiently Ashley has managed to kill off the feel-good atmosphere following promotion.

Yup. Thank fuck the World Cup's been on because otherwise this summer would have been absolute torture.

The worst part about us having nee cash, is the teams around us look set on spending money.

To be fair, west brom and blackpool haven't signed anyone either right?

Not for money. Pablo has went to WBA and they've bid for Piquionne, but thats it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1290680/Everton-want-Germanys-Arne-Friedrich-Magaye-Gueye-bid-accepted.html

Apparantly Arne Friedrich is available for £2m. Whether anyone at the club knows that is another matter....

Word on the street is that he'll go to Wolfsburg. They have a "director of football" (Dieter Hoeneß) who has been at Berlin for a long time and still has good connections there.

Btw I'd love it if we signed him. Great defender. Can play everywhere across the back 4.

Wouldn't buy him even for free tbh. Didn't looked like he could controll a game or read a game. Has some pace, but that doesn't help much. He's african, too. Which means he will be away for the ACN every two (?) years.

South Africa didn't even qualify for this years African Nations Cup..

For cheap, he would definately be good signing. Would give cover and much needed pace from bench.

You have only seen him play at the world cup though. Would you have signed Rooney based on what you seen at the world cup?

I certainly would

He's looked a great player in some of those adverts

No sighing is realistic but I really like the look of John Mensah

He's a good player but sadly can barely string 2 games together. Only 16 apps last season for Sunderland and 8 the season before with Lyon. An absolute crock.

Shame he has looked very handy for Ghana

he has a shrivelled spinal cord apparently and needs an operation that would put him out for a year to get properly fit. and there's no guarantee he'd come back from such a big op the same player.

No sighing is realistic but I really like the look of John Mensah

He's a good player but sadly can barely string 2 games together. Only 16 apps last season for Sunderland and 8 the season before with Lyon. An absolute crock.

Shame he has looked very handy for Ghana

I thought the younger Jonathan (Mensah) looked better.