Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

Guest Roger Kint

Theres no chance of any top 8 players(aside from loaning young lads) coming here for the forseeable future. As said wages wise its completely unworkable and the players wuold never agree to it, if they did you would have to question their motives tbh. Any suggestions like Ireland, Bellemy, Scholes etc are totally mental ;D

I saw them mentioned on the last page, so I just want to say that there is not a chance in hell that Matuidi, Sissoko, or Loic Remy will come here. First of all, the clubs will want massive transfer fees as they are the biggest assets at their clubs. (Well gignac may be the biggest asset at Toulouse I suppose). Also, these players will likely only leave for top French clubs or European competeing clubs across the continent. I would be astounded if any of them consider a newly promoted team. (Unless we offer ridiculoous wages of course, but I'm hoping NUFC is abve that now)

We are no ordinary newly promoted club though - we can still attract some decent players

Very true, our name still rings out. However, the players they were talking about are top, top prospects. The type that would be ambitious signings for the likes of Aston Villa and Everton.

Guest geordienorway

We are no ordinary newly promoted club though - we can still attract some decent players

Very true, our name still rings out. However, the players they were talking about are top, top prospects. The type that would be ambitious signings for the likes of Aston Villa and Everton.

I agree that most of the names mentioned are unrealistic. However, with the current finantial climate most clubs can't afford paying the fees these French clubs demand. I reckon we have more chance of getting the likes of Dia and Matuidi than Everton have. That is if Ashley is willing to spend in the summer.

I saw them mentioned on the last page, so I just want to say that there is not a chance in hell that Matuidi, Sissoko, or Loic Remy will come here. First of all, the clubs will want massive transfer fees as they are the biggest assets at their clubs. (Well gignac may be the biggest asset at Toulouse I suppose). Also, these players will likely only leave for top French clubs or European competeing clubs across the continent. I would be astounded if any of them consider a newly promoted team. (Unless we offer ridiculoous wages of course, but I'm hoping NUFC is abve that now)

Lorik Cana.

Cana is a bad example, really. We shipped him off because we bought in a player we thought was better in Stephane M'Bia, and the new regime seemed to have frozen him out anyway. Though he was captain, he was never one of the clubs' great assets. He was willfully sold/let go. Pretty sure Sunderland would have offered him outrageous wages as well, which is something we won't be doing.

edit: I don't think we miss him at all, and he's been absolute;y awful for SAFC, which is nice to see. :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Does anyone know how Achille Emana is doing this season? In the Spanish 2nd Div with Betis, will be at the WC for Cameroon and based on the last i saw of him(allbeit over a year ago) would almost certainly improve our midfield

Tottenham defender Alan Hutton, who is on loan at the Black Cats until the end of season, is believed to be courting interest from North East rivals Newcastle.

The Magpies are on the verge of securing promotion back to the Premier League from the Championship, and the Scotland defender is said to be a transfer target of manager Chris Hughton.

Hutton is unavailable to play at the weekend against his parent employers due to the terms on his January move and Redknapp was coy on the 25-year-old's future, saying he had not heard anything from the St James' Park outfit.

He added: "Newcastle are very, very interested I hear this week. But they have not contacted us."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6071150,00.html

how would droopy face know we were very, very interested if we haven't even contacted them? Smells like upping/making sure the fee is right.

it does seem rather a contradiction unless arry is aware of any of our scouts watching him, but more than likely trying to squeeze more cash out of sunderland, think he'd be a good signing but in reality he'll be at sunderland next season

how would droopy face know we were very, very interested if we haven't even contacted them? Smells like upping/making sure the fee is right.

two million, three million, four million, four and a half million, four million and six hundred thousand ladies and gentlemen, any advance on...........

get me drift ?

Yep;

Spurs: we want x million.

Unwashed: we will give you z million.

Spurs: ah okay, don't worry about it, your bitter rivals are very, very interested in him anyway.

Unwashed: x million you say.....?

By the way, one day I hope we sign Roque Santa Cruz just for the headline "Santa Cruz is coming to Toon".......even better if it happens near christmas!

Surely it would be "Santa Roquing to the Toon!!"

Hutton is good, but once again we could probaly get a similar player without paying the fee Spurs will want, which will probaly be ridiculous.

Yep;

Spurs: we want x million.

Unwashed: we will give you z million.

Spurs: ah okay, don't worry about it, your bitter rivals are very, very interested in him anyway.

Unwashed: x million you say.....?

except it doent really matter. all harry has announced is the hutton is for sale (and that knocks the price down). if we offer less than another club and the player wants to come here then spurs have the option of acce[ting our price or keeping an unhappy player....if he wants to play it that way.

Guest loven Mag 11

i would try and aquire ohara,rather than hutton !

ohara is more of an influencial player IMO.

when need an engine in midfield, and nolan needs to lose a stone before he can sign up for weightwatchers, so i doubt he will provide the energy we so desperatly need.

How come there is direct quotes from Albin saying we've offered him a contract yet Hughton comes out and categorically denies it. Somebody's lying.

probably the player looking for more cash from his club, hughton tends to be up front about these things

How come there is direct quotes from Albin saying we've offered him a contract yet Hughton comes out and categorically denies it. Somebody's lying.

Just did some research in Getafe forums. There's nothing about your supposed offer but they say he and his agent have been trying to get him sold to half of Europe by now.

They reckon the guy has incredible natural ability but is pretty lazy and unmotivated.

Just did some research in Getafe forums. There's nothing about your supposed offer but they say he and his agent have been trying to get him sold to half of Europe by now.

They reckon the guy has incredible natural ability but is pretty lazy and unmotivated.

Could come here fall in love with the club/fans/city and use his talent. Worth the risk on a free IMO, especially with our new found team spirit. Jose would show him how its done +D