Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

There are quotes from Erik Hoftun (DOF at Rosenborg) in the norwegian press today saying Rosenborg are willing to sell Anthony Annan. The price mentioned is 3-4 million £. I think he is the best tackler in the world atm, and he has a great engine and can pass. The problem is his offensive contribution which is non-existing. He is also prone to bookings, but at that price he is definately worth a shot.

He is going to play in the WC for Ghana this summer, and that will probably end our chances getting him. If we can tie him up before that, it could be one of the bargains this summer.

Sounds like a norweigan Alan Smith tbh

:nope:

There are quotes from Erik Hoftun (DOF at Rosenborg) in the norwegian press today saying Rosenborg are willing to sell Anthony Annan. The price mentioned is 3-4 million £. I think he is the best tackler in the world atm, and he has a great engine and can pass. The problem is his offensive contribution which is non-existing. He is also prone to bookings, but at that price he is definately worth a shot.

He is going to play in the WC for Ghana this summer, and that will probably end our chances getting him. If we can tie him up before that, it could be one of the bargains this summer.

:dowie:

Guest geordienorway

They both have a similar role in their respective teams, but that's about it as far as making a comparison goes. Annan is dynamic, covers an extreme amount of ground, has decent pace, and is the player at Rosenborg with most successful passes. And he will be on 30 % of Smith's wages.

They both have a similar role in their respective teams, but that's about it as far as making a comparison goes. Annan is dynamic, covers an extreme amount of ground, has decent pace, and is the player at Rosenborg with most successful passes. And he will be on 30 % of Smith's wages.

He also bites people.

Could be long-term number 2. Harper and him next season with Krul & Forster out on loan, then one of those for the number 1 jersey the year after, and the other leaving. No room at the club for both.

Aye, thats what i want to see. Think it was you i was telling on Tuesday actually.

Knew I'd heard it somewhere. :lol:

Guest Antec

“there will be no capital outlay on new players”

End of thread tbh

From the Journal, hopefully not true

He will still try to do that, but he will not have any money to spend and he will be forced to rely on free signings and loan players. Indeed, even these signings could be called into question as free agents want signing on fees and money is normally paid to bring in players on a temporary basis

Daniel Majstorovic is probably being released by AEK Athen in the summer because of economic problems, wouldn't mind seeing him in the Newcastle shirt.

Big center back who has really impressed me recent years

Height 1.98 m (6 ft 6 in)

http://www.dn.se/polopoly_fs/1.833136.1238355480!image/2565877685.jpg_gen/derivatives/article-landscape/2565877685.jpg

Maestorovic would be a good player to have for about 2 seasons. Could really improve our backline. Great physical player, good in the air. Swedish international, first choice centre back with Mellberg at the moment. He is 32 years old but the guy peaked late and will surely have 4 good years left in him. Would be cheap atleast

I'd also start looking for season long loans.

Sturridge

Vela

Van Aanholt

Only allowed one from the Premiership IIRC. No way Chelsea will be letting Dan Sturridge go anywhere.

Weiss and Wilshere went to Bolton, so I think you're allowed more than one.  Dunno about three though.

I think it's only one loan from each club though. So you could in theory have Weiss & Wilshere, but not Vela & Wilshere. (I think)

Daniel Majstorovic is probably being released by AEK Athen in the summer because of economic problems, wouldn't mind seeing him in the Newcastle shirt.

Big center back who has really impressed me recent years

Height 1.98 m (6 ft 6 in)

http://www.dn.se/polopoly_fs/1.833136.1238355480!image/2565877685.jpg_gen/derivatives/article-landscape/2565877685.jpg

Maestorovic would be a good player to have for about 2 seasons. Could really improve our backline. Great physical player, good in the air. Swedish international, first choice centre back with Mellberg at the moment. He is 32 years old but the guy peaked late and will surely have 4 good years left in him. Would be cheap atleast

Agree on this. Majstorovic has become a very solid defender in recent years. Had some unbelievable games against Portugal in the WC Qualifiers.

Guest Roger Kint

End of thread tbh

Since when does free transfers/loans count?

It does mean however we can delete the majority of this thread like ;D

End of thread tbh

Not quite:

"There is no plan for new capital outlay on players."

We can only spend what we bring in, through revenue or player sales.  Or that's the current plan anyway.