Middlesbrough vs Newcastle United - 13/03/10 - pre-match thread

Stifler

What's the situation on flares? My mates offered me one, doubt I'l take it mind :lol:

:lol: You should, it will look good. You will however be then dragged out of the stadium and banned from the riverside, possibly banned from football for a while. Its not a red though is it? That would just be silly.

What's the situation on flares? My mates offered me one, doubt I'l take it mind :lol:

:lol: You should, it will look good. You will however be then dragged out of the stadium and banned from the riverside, possibly banned from football for a while. Its not a red though is it? That would just be silly.

Its one of those big fierey ones that they have abroad, think I'll give it a miss but would be awesome after we score

Thanks to the NUFC ticket office scapping the loyalty points system and me not realising there's 4 of us in with the home fans on Saturday. I have relatives who live in Stockton and they have sorted our tickets out and apparently we're in the West Stand but quite near the Newcastle supporters and we will be celebrating if/when we score. Wouldn't be suprised if there's a few thousand Newcastle fans in the home sections which makes a bit of a mockery of their decision only to give us 3,600 tickets for safety reasons.

Thanks to the NUFC ticket office scapping the loyalty points system and me not realising there's 4 of us in with the home fans on Saturday. I have relatives who live in Stockton and they have sorted our tickets out and apparently we're in the West Stand but quite near the Newcastle supporters and we will be celebrating if/when we score. Wouldn't be suprised if there's a few thousand Newcastle fans in the home sections which makes a bit of a mockery of their decision only to give us 3,600 tickets for safety reasons.

How many points ya got out of interest? Know a few people with about a hundred who aren't happy at all

How many points ya got out of interest? Know a few people with about a hundred who aren't happy at all

97 points mate. Haven't been knocked back for an away ticket since our first ever visit to the stadium of light. Sat in the home end then which was pretty difficult with us going 2-0 up and then them coming back to draw 2-2.

Anyone know if this is on in the USA?

Yup, ESPN360.

Which mean it might be on Fox Soccer + if you're one of the 10 people who get it.

Ah nice cheers mate. Am in Vegas with my Boro supporting boss :D

97 points mate. Haven't been knocked back for an away ticket since our first ever visit to the stadium of light. Sat in the home end then which was pretty difficult with us going 2-0 up and then them coming back to draw 2-2.

How many you reckon will be needed for QPR? My dad defintely has enough and I've got about 40

So when you sit in the home end, what do you do when they score? Jump up and down and pretend to celebrate, or just stand there like a lemon?

I don't think I'd ever bother going in the home end like, for me the whole point of seeing the lads live is that you can scream and shout, have a sing, and go absolutely mental with 3K of other fans when you score. Each to their own and all that though

Guest toonlass

So when you sit in the home end, what do you do when they score? Jump up and down and pretend to celebrate, or just stand there like a lemon?

I don't think I'd ever bother going in the home end like, for me the whole point of seeing the lads live is that you can scream and shout, have a sing, and go absolutely mental with 3K of other fans when you score. Each to their own and all that though

I just hung on to my seat, because I nearly jumped up when we scored. Was absolute torture

How many you reckon will be needed for QPR? My dad defintely has enough and I've got about 40

Think you should be ok with 40. I'd imagine we get around 3,500 tickets for that one and last season when we were getting allocations of 3,000 for the likes of Man Utd and Arsenal people with 35 points could apply straight away I think.

Guest toonlass

Doubt it. I am going to see Kiss at the arena that night and am hoping Gene Simmonds breaks a hip or something so the tour is cancelled so I can go to the game instead.

I was in the Sunderland end when we won 1-4 at the SOS. Was so good but so bad at the same time.

Was only 37,000 or so there mind so I didn't have Mackems all around me, which was good.

Extra allocation went on sale last week to 25+ points and then down to 10+ after a few days. It is shit that the loyalty scheme wasn't used from the off but you could have still got them after they originally fucked you over.

For those planning to sit in the home end:

Newcastle will have the backing of around 3,600 fans and the following police advice has been issued for them:

Newcastle supporters found in home seating areas will be ejected from the stadium for their own safety and not rehoused in the away section.

(from .com)

For those planning to sit in the home end:

Newcastle will have the backing of around 3,600 fans and the following police advice has been issued for them:

Newcastle supporters found in home seating areas will be ejected from the stadium for their own safety and not rehoused in the away section.

(from .com)

Their will be far too many of them to get all of them.

Guest toonlass

So basically the attendance will drop by half as they chuck out all the Newcastle fans from the home end?