Pundits/commentators

Neil

That yank with the italian name on 606 is good.

(Can't remember his name) he used to be on Talk Spurt and was good on there too

Bad tempered git with some of the callers, but amusing for all that.

Gabriele Marcotti - looked it up on the BBC site. Mind he's put weight on !

He does the Times 'The Game' podcast as well, that's worth a listen.

Hansen and Wor Al are canny on MOTD. Andy Gray, although he is a bulging anus as has been mentioned, is probably the best pundit about. Even Lawro and Redknapp sometimes have their moments. How Crooks/Merson/Thompson/Townsdale get paid for spouting faeces from their gobs is beyond me.

Hansen and Wor Al are canny on MOTD. Andy Gray, although he is a bulging anus as has been mentioned, is probably the best pundit about. Even Lawro and Redknapp sometimes have their moments. How Crooks/Merson/Thompson/Townsdale get paid for spouting faeces from their gobs is beyond me.

Are you serious ? Don't get me wrong, Shearer is of course a legend but he is a shite pundit all he does is state the obvious, however hi isn't a wanker which does give him brownie points, unlike Andy Gray who is a wanker and loves the big 4.

I agree, with those that say Desaily is a good pundit,imo, he is likeable and gives good analysis. He is possibly the best one one telly. I would also like to put forward Bob Moncur, ofcourse he is likeable because of what he has done for our club and he gives good analysis.

Are you serious ? Don't get me wrong, Shearer is of course a legend but he is a s**** pundit all he does is state the obvious, however hi isn't a w***** which does give him brownie points, unlike Andy Gray who is a w***** and loves the big 4.

I agree, with those that say Desaily is a good pundit,imo, he is likeable and gives good analysis. He is possibly the best one one telly. I would also like to put forward Bob Moncur, ofcourse he is likeable because of what he has done for our club and he gives good analysis.

I think I just find him less hateable then others. Pretty much all pundits do is state the obvious, Andy Gray is the only one that does any sort of proper analysis.  For some reason we have hardly any opinionated pundits, everyone says the same thing. Would much rather have pundits that actually say "Player X is shit," Merson sometimes does this but he can't speak properly.

In conclusion, bring back Rodney Marsh.

Are you serious ? Don't get me wrong, Shearer is of course a legend but he is a s**** pundit all he does is state the obvious, however hi isn't a w***** which does give him brownie points, unlike Andy Gray who is a w***** and loves the big 4.

I think I just find him less hateable then others. Pretty much all pundits do is state the obvious, Andy Gray is the only one that does any sort of proper analysis.  For some reason we have hardly any opinionated pundits, everyone says the same thing. Would much rather have pundits that actually say "Player X is shit," Merson sometimes does this but he can't speak properly.

In conclusion, bring back Rodney Marsh.

well thats the unfortunate thing about them having to appear impartial. i actually thought for a few days about setting up some sort of website where you could stream proper opinionated commentary for people to listen to while they were watching games.

so instead of hearing (for the thousandth time) 'oh and drogba's down again, and you're just never quite sure with him if there's anything wrong' you'd hear 'and down goes drogba, again, and we all know there's absolutely nothing wrong with him. get the fuck up didier, you're not injured. we know that, all you're doing is embarassing yourself you complete wanker'.

Alan Green is amazing...kidding :dowie:

I agree Rodney Marsh was mint. Do you know why he got sacked?? Something to do with Newcastle on boxing day :facepalm:

Made some sort of tsunami related joke replacing tsunami with "toon army". He was a classy man  :lol:

Couldnt bum Gab Marcotti anymore tbh, he is just awesome, and one of the few pundits that really cuts through the media bullshit...

anyone who gets the times podcast with him, his definition of "good football" is just inspired, he is actually head and shoulders above the rest really imo...

Guest firetotheworks

I like Southgate as a pundit. Others I've liked are Desailly, Leonardo, and Steve Stone.

I used to fucking hate Lawro, but over the last couple of seasons I think he's been spot on in just about everything he's said.

Guest Heneage

Couldnt bum Gab Marcotti anymore tbh, he is just awesome, and one of the few pundits that really cuts through the media bullshit...

anyone who gets the times podcast with him, his definition of "good football" is just inspired, he is actually head and shoulders above the rest really imo...

Him and Tim Vickery, just so spot on..