Middlesbrough 2 - 2 Newcastle United - 13/03/10 - post match reaction from pg 24

Nate

Guest neesy111

Ok lets get away from the child f***ing stuff, not really something I want to hear about.

The ironic thing is that many of the younger lot who shout the abuse won't have a f**king clue about what it's to do with.

A famouse child molestation case in the 80's or early 90's is what I gather.

cleveland abuse scandal

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleveland_child_abuse_scandal

What happened when the Police all rushed into the stand in the 2nd half? Just the fans getting too close?

It certainly helped improve the atmosphere with our lot anyway.

that all happened next to us, there were a few verbal taunts,  few of their fans were spouting off and gesturing for a fight so a few of our lot rushed at them and tried to pull away the netting that was separating tha fans!  The bloke behind me was arrested soon after for absolutely nothing,  he was standing about a foot into the gangway and this copper grabbed his jacket and tried to push him back in, when the lad said get your hand off me and tried to get the coppers hand off him he was nicked!

Watched the game live here in Oz and thought that considering the layers mising and the injury to Colo, we should be satisfied getting a point there.

Their midfield ran the show for long periods and I can understand the reasoning behind bringing Butt on. It was clear at the time we ran the risk of losing the game because of their midfield superiority and Hughton obviously had a point in mind, first and foremost.

Biggest problem was the changes in defence due to the lack of Williamson at the start and the injury to Colo. Apart from the goal, I thought Hall and Kadar did well in the centre and we were to a large degree, untroubled there. It was more through Arca down the left, up against Raylor and the numerous fouls given away, particularly against Robson, where our problems stemmed from.

Fortune favours the brave and bringing Best on gave Carroll some assistance which ultimately resulted in our equaliser and I thought we were on top at that stage and could have gone on and won it. Carroll almost got a second, if not for a block in the 6 yard box.

Watched the game live here in Oz and thought that considering the layers mising and the injury to Colo, we should be satisfied getting a point there.

Their midfield ran the show for long periods and I can understand the reasoning behind bringing Butt on. It was clear at the time we ran the risk of losing the game because of their midfield superiority and Hughton obviously had a point in mind, first and foremost.

Biggest problem was the changes in defence due to the lack of Williamson at the start and the injury to Colo. Apart from the goal, I thought Hall and Kadar did well in the centre and we were to a large degree, untroubled there. It was more through Arca down the left, up against Raylor and the numerous fouls given away, particularly against Robson, where our problems stemmed from.

Fortune favours the brave and bringing Best on gave Carroll some assistance which ultimately resulted in our equaliser and I thought we were on top at that stage and could have gone on and won it. Carroll almost got a second, if not for a block in the 6 yard box.

The only assistance Carroll had from Best was when Best missed the ball which got through to Carroll to score from, at least Best didn't end up on his arse this time.

We were lucky there like - if Taylor hadn't have been getting closed down so quickly he'd have never even crossed it in.

then he may have put in abetter cross to the ridiculously unmarked best or carroll.

We were lucky there like - if Taylor hadn't have been getting closed down so quickly he'd have never even crossed it in.

then he may have put in abetter cross to the ridiculously unmarked best or carroll.

Aye he might have - it was just that he swiped at it desperately because he was under pressure and it came off.

Guest WashyGeordie

What happened when the Police all rushed into the stand in the 2nd half? Just the fans getting too close?

I just thought it was 'cos of the banner they held up "Trophyless virgins"...  :doh:

But aye, either the police or the banner did increase our atmosphere in the 2nd half, so im not complaining.

Guest Lee-T

Everyone in the back corner next to the home fans went crazy when a peado hoyed a hand full of coins into the away section, don't think I've ever been so angry at a football game when that happened today (yesterday now).

Everyone in the back corner next to the home fans went crazy when a peado hoyed a hand full of coins into the away section, don't think I've ever been so angry at a football game when that happened today (yesterday now).

Was it not sweets for the kids?