"Zidane not good enough to be a First Division player"

D'oh.  :facepalm:

http://www.foot01.com/foot-europeen/angleterre/comment-newcastle-a-refuse-zidane,49095

After Bordeaux in 1996, Zinedine Zidane could have signed for a number of clubs. In the end it was Juventus who signed him, with the success we now know, but certain English clubs like Blackburn & Newcastle were leaning towards the Frenchman. Agent Barry Silkman explained in an interview how Newcastle rejected the opportunity to sign one of the world's best players. "I offered Zinedine to Newcastle at the start of the 1996 season, for €2m. They watched him play and told me he wasn't good enough to play in the second tier of English football" smiled Silkman. Irony being, that today Newcastle currently occupy a place in the Championship...

The Keegler. Would have been just after Euro 96 I'd imagine, where Zidane had a couple of good games at St James' for France.

Scumbag Agent Barry Silkman Caught On Tape Wishing Bobby Robson's Cancer Spreads

In 2001, Silkman sued Newcastle United over the transfer of Chilean striker Clarence Acuna.

"I got f***ed by Newcastle and I ended up taking them to court. I settled for 25 grand when they owed me 100 grand.

"I took a player (Acuna) there (Newcastle) on trial. His club wanted $2.5m but I said don't pay it because they have got to sell the player.

"He ended up signing for 900 grand and yet they (Newcastle) still f****d me. Bobby Robson was my first manager at Fulham. I'd always kept in contact and I said Bob how could you let them f*** me?'

"You know what he said? You don't count. I'm the only one that counts. That's your hard luck."

"So you know what I said to him? I said: I have a wife and a young daughter and a f*****g mortgage and you've turned round and said that to me.

"I said: See that cancer on your nose? I hope it spreads all over your face and that you live a f*****g long, long, long life because the longer you live the more you will f*****g suffer.

"There's only one God and he's looking down at us two now and he's saying Whose side am I on?' And let me tell you, Bob, it ain't f*****g yours because I have never f****d anyone in my life. F*** knows how many people you have f****d', and I walked out.'"

Silkman negotiated with then Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd over his commission on the Acuna deal.

"Freddy Shepherd came on the phone to me and went over the deal with me. I said: Do I get it in writing?' and he said, Yes, you will have it in writing.'

"When I went to the lawyer... I had it all on tape. I sent the tape to a journalist, 17 minutes and 18 seconds of him (Shepherd) saying to me: I will never do you up, I will always look after you, I'm not that type of person. If we are going to sign the player I promise you, I guarantee you you will get paid.'

"I had the conversation on the Saturday morning and they signed him (Acuna) on the Tuesday. I took him there on trial, I paid for everything but they (Newcastle) never even offered me the money I had laid out."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/37553-scumbag-agent-barry-silkman-caught-on-tape-wishing-bobby-robsons-cancer-spreads

Cunt

Guest firetotheworks

So that's now Zidane, Shearer, Saha, Carrick and Ramsey that we've let slip through our fingers.

Guest BooBoo

Didn't Keegan also turn down Hyppia before he went to Liverpool? Newcastle also turned down Schmeical when he was still playing in Denmark.

Didn't Keegan also turn down Hyppia before he went to Liverpool? Newcastle also turned down Schmeical when he was still playing in Denmark.

Yep, remember seeing something a few years ago that we wouldn't risk £250k on an unproven Danish keeper, instead opting for the safer option paying more than 3-times as much for Dave Beasant.

Sounds like more bollocks from an absolutely horrible cunt.

"I said: ‘See that cancer on your nose? I hope it spreads all over your face and that you live a f*****g long, long, long life because the longer you live the more you will f*****g suffer.

You CANNOT go round saying stuff like to anyone. Fucking makes my blood boil.

I always thought we went for Schmeichal after having him on trial but he turned us down for ManU in the end.

Guest firetotheworks

Turned down Ronaldo in favour of Viana.

You just know that Ronaldo would never have went on to be as good as is with us.