I miss Mourinho

Guest toonlass

Guest toonlass

Just watching a SSN montage of his press conferences and he is such a funny bloke. We could do with more managers like him.

Just watching a SSN montage of his press conferences and he is such a funny bloke. We could do with more managers like him.

WE certainly could, if only Bobby had of managed to get him here.

Great manager, but dislike the type of manager that he is. He coached the flair out of players like Duff and Joe Cole as part of getting a very expensively assembled squad to grind out results with defensive/spoiling tactics instead of playing good football.

Guest Stephen927

Great manager, but dislike the type of manager that he is. He coached the flair out of players like Duff and Joe Cole as part of getting a very expensively assembled squad to grind out results with defensive/spoiling tactics instead of playing good football.

To be fair, he turned Joe Cole into a much better player, he was very patchy before he joined Chelsea. Duff was fantastic while at Chelsea with Mourinho, then Duff lost his edge and Mourinho shipped him out at the right time.

To be fair, he turned Joe Cole into a much better player, he was very patchy before he joined Chelsea. Duff was fantastic while at Chelsea with Mourinho, then Duff lost his edge and Mourinho shipped him out at the right time.

Too right.

Mourinho made Duff too defensive minded.  He took away his freedom of going forward at will.  He didn't want to run at players incase he lost the ball and got shouted at or subbed by Maureen.

He ruined Duff.

Duff seems to be doing well at Fulham. Face it, non of our managers were right for Duff.

Yeah I would love it, juts love it if Mourinho came here, shame it's never going to happen.

For me Mourinho is the best manager of the world. Maybe the only one who could follow at ManUtd after Sir Alex.

Would be great if he somehow would ever be our manager - will never happen in the near future, though.

iirc he has a soft spot for us from his time under Sir Bobby. Not that it will ever matter seeing how we'll never be big enough for him in the foreseeable future.

That's what keeps my hope of him managing us alive as well. If he will ever look for a new challenge - there aren't many bigger ones than at SJP tbh.

For me Mourinho is the best manager of the world. Maybe the only one who could follow at ManUtd after Sir Alex.

Would be great if he somehow would ever be our manager - will never happen in the near future, though.

Fabio>Mourinho for me.  But then there would be a few >>> before the next body on my list.

I'd probably end up following ManUtd if Mourinho went there :/

I do like the fella, he's the closest we've got to someone like brian clough in the modern era :)

He's very like Cloughie, in that he uses that brash self-confidence and unorthodox spirit to instil confidence in his players. The message that he always gives to his team is - I'm not afraid therefore there's no need for you to be.

I don't think the guy is particularly funny though. And unlike Clough, he doesn't always play fair.

My 3 favourite footballing people are Alan Shearer, Sir Bobby Robson and Jose Mourinho. Without a doubt.

He was just a joy to have in this country and maybe we all took him for granted. For him, press conferences weren't something you just get out of the way - he relished them and brought his A-game. Everything he does is for a reason, mostly some fantastic mind game. The best part is that we know he'll eventually be back, probably soon. I can't wait  :celb:

Decent coach an' all.

Dream scenario would be for us to go up. Some mega rich billionaire to take us over and employ Mourinho, tell him he can employ his own staff but ask that he keeps Hughton as an assistant for the job that he did. I'd absolutely love that.