Roy Hodgson appointed new England manager

Ishmael

I'm finding the whole "Hodgson for England" coverage fascinating. While I would love to see Redknapp fail with England and Tottenham mess up his replacement, the possibility of Woy dropping Gerrard for the Euros is too delicious for words!

The only downside of the whole situation is that I'm fond of Woy, and to escape with his dignity he'd have to win the Euros, and I certainly wouldn't want that...

...................Hart

Micah...Cahill...Smalling...Cole

................Parker.................

.........Gerrard....Cleverley

Sturridge......................Ox...

.................Wellbeck.....

...................Hart

Micah...Cahill...Smalling...Cole

................Parker.................

.........Gerrard....Cleverley

Sturridge......................Ox...

.................Wellbeck.....

Still not convinced by Wellbeck for ManUre, let alone England. Unfortunately our options are pretty limited up front. I'd be tempted to replace Wellbeck with Sturridge and put Adam Johnson on the right

Just aim for the WC 2014 and let the young players have a go at the euros for experience. Its not that much better a side with the oldies to be honest..

--------------------------------Hart--------------------------------

Micah-----------Cahill---------------Smalling------------Baines

-------------------------------Jones-------------------------------

----------------Milner--------------------Cleverly----------------

--Sturridge----------------------------------Young--------------

-----------------------------Welbeck------------------------------

Rooney

Carroll !

Walcott

Henderson

Walker

Oxlade

Lennon

Gibbs

Hart

Richards        Terry            Cahill        Baines

Parker

Gerrard      Lampard

Sturridge                                  Young

Defoe

Just aim for the WC 2014 and let the young players have a go at the euros for experience. Its not that much better a side with the oldies to be honest..

--------------------------------Hart--------------------------------

Micah-----------Cahill---------------Smalling------------Baines

-------------------------------Jones-------------------------------

----------------Milner--------------------Cleverly----------------

--Sturridge----------------------------------Young--------------

-----------------------------Welbeck------------------------------

Rooney

Carroll !

Walcott

Henderson

Walker

Oxlade

Lennon

Gibbs

I know it's a mad theory like, but i'd prefer us to actually try and do well in the competition :lol:

Fair enough, we'll not win it, but other than Spain, Germany & Holland the rest of the teams hardly have much to shout about either.

I've lost a lot of faith in Sturridge this season, Young makes some sense, Oxlaide Chamberlain needs to play a big part, we haven't got enough good players to leave him on the bench due to his relative inexperience imo.

Up front...Am I alone in thinking Holt?

Imo should be mooted.

I've lost a lot of faith in Sturridge this season, Young makes some sense, Oxlaide Chamberlain needs to play a big part, we haven't got enough good players to leave him on the bench due to his relative inexperience imo.

Up front...Am I alone in thinking Holt?

Imo should be mooted.

Danny Graham?

To be honest Id play wor Andy up front. He could boss some of these foreign defenders.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Holt up top would make sense if people are hell bent on playing one up front. Its old school and basic, but he has the work rate and determination to at least put in a shift up front. If you've got Young/AOC/Sturridge on the flanks there's the pace and flair to support him. If you have Defoe as the lone striker, you'll just get people sitting deep and compact against us since we're heavy loaded with pace up front. Grant Holt will mean they have to find that balance between pushing us out so we can't have Holt in the box, and not going to high up to leave too much space for the pacey wingers to exploit the space behind.

Will any of the Swansea lads get a look in? I'm not sure, but we really need someone in midfield who isn't afraid of passing and finding a pass through a gap. Carrick is a decent midfielder at keeping possession, Scholes might be interesting to see. Last thing I really want to see are just balls bombed down the flanks for the pacey wingers over and over again. Its fine as one route of attack, but not for 90 minutes.

To be honest Id play wor Andy up front. He could boss some of these foreign defenders

:scared:

every fucking cup need english big man up front to boss foreign defenders...then we can never get it to the big man up front

Holt up top would make sense if people are hell bent on playing one up front. Its old school and basic, but he has the work rate and determination to at least put in a shift up front. If you've got Young/AOC/Sturridge on the flanks there's the pace and flair to support him. If you have Defoe as the lone striker, you'll just get people sitting deep and compact against us since we're heavy loaded with pace up front. Grant Holt will mean they have to find that balance between pushing us out so we can't have Holt in the box, and not going to high up to leave too much space for the pacey wingers to exploit the space behind.

This, better than Carroll stumbling around, a good balance.

Hart

Parker

Gerrard      Lampard

Defoe

Defoe up front for England  :anguish:

Canny team, though. Probably best option available.

Hart

Parker

Gerrard      Lampard

Defoe

Defoe up front for England :dispair:

How many times do we need to try and have Lampard and Gerrard in the same team? Even getting round that probably exaggerated problem how many times are we going to believe it won't be like last time and these players will show up this time? Lampard credit to him has been alright but they're long since past caring internationally.

I'm a little bit excited about the England team, now. Was fully expecting Droopface to get the gig and us to watch the same old cunts drop out meekly at the round of 16.

I wouldn't take anyone who won't go to the next WC. That's no Ferdinand & Lampard as a minimum.

Not that I think Smalling/Terry et al are any better. But I really can't see the first 2 making it for another tournament and the youngsters need experience. You look at the number of caps some of the young Germans have in comparison with the English ones and the difference is massive. The experience has made them better players.

Hart

Parker

Gerrard      Lampard

Defoe

Defoe up front for England :dispair:

How many times do we need to try and have Lampard and Gerrard in the same team? Even getting round that probably exaggerated problem how many times are we going to believe it won't be like last time and these players will show up this time? Lampard credit to him has been alright but they're long since past caring internationally.

That problem was in a 442 though. In this Parker is there to do the defensive leg work and those 2 can be more expansive. Sensible solution to a problem tbf. And going on form, is there a better English CM than Lampard or Gerrard in recent months? Unfortunately not.