Roy Hodgson appointed new England manager

Ishmael

Dunno if it's been mentioned, but the Press Association says WBA want to replace him with Chris Hughton.

Excellent decision if they do

Yep. Unless you're a Brum fan heading into the play-offs. Ouch.

Dunno if it's been mentioned, but the Press Association says WBA want to replace him with Chris Hughton.

Excellent decision if they do

Yep. Unless you're a Brum fan heading into the play-offs. Ouch.

They interviewed Hughton for the job before they gave it to Hodgson.

Looks just as suprised as the majority of all the other people are. Still like the idea about him being the England manager more than Harry.

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/143593458.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215AB089EE596C6588816079574C5E96D5C0351EF0BB28F60F9EB2304789E49077

For me personally, Roy would be f***ing mad to take the job on.

Surely being the manager of your country is an amazing opportunity for any manager? Especially one who's not ensconced in a top club like SAF.

Its not  good job to takeI dunno if the players will even respect him...wasn't rooney making noises about redknapp...

Roy will have the media on his case from day 1 and he'll have to motivate a bunch of spoilt cunts.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Looks just as suprised as the majority of all the other people are. Still like the idea about him being the England manager more than Harry.

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/143593458.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215AB089EE596C6588816079574C5E96D5C0351EF0BB28F60F9EB2304789E49077

http://images.sportinglife.com/11/01/330/Andy-Carroll-Melwood_2557122.jpg

HAPPY PEOPLE IN CARS

The more the media slate him the more I want him, good luck Roy don't take any s***.

Totally, I would hope that people would be bright enough after the string of failures we've had over the years to realise that if Hodgson is unsuccessful, it's primarily the fault of the players and that he shouldn't be torn into much for it. He's going to put everything into it, I wish all the best

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

I do find english jurnos to be out and out pr*icks and would love for a legend, like my namesake , to shut them the f*ck up and put them in their place.

Easy to forget the job Hodgson did at Fulham when he arrived. They looked absolutely dead and buried and it was a bloody miracle that he kept them up.

Aye, they came from 2-0 down to win at City did they not?

Easy to forget the job Hodgson did at Fulham when he arrived. They looked absolutely dead and buried and it was a bloody miracle that he kept them up.

aye, as I recall they were relegated at 2-0 down too and then somehow managed to go on and stay up which looked impossible thanks to Lawrie Sanchez

Aye, they were 5 points adrift from safety with three games left and only Derby (who eventually registered a record points low) below them going into that too, they ended up winning all three.

Just listening to 5Live and they are slating the appointment and saying it should be Redknapp. Bunch of cunts!

This appointment and the childish way the media have reacted is actually making me more inclined to get behind England in the summer where beforehand I didn't care too much.

the Baggies at uni are well gutted, simply because they can't think of anyone they'd be happy with as a replacement.  Vehemently opposed to Agent Bruce and one of them reckons Curbishley is already meant to have spoken to Villa.

Probably the Mick Mac.

Guest BooBoo

Whoever gets the job, my enthusiasm for the national side is minimal. I used to love watching England but recent years have really turned me off. The squad bring mainly made up of twats doesn't help mind.

the Baggies at uni are well gutted, simply because they can't think of anyone they'd be happy with as a replacement.  Vehemently opposed to Agent Bruce and one of them reckons Curbishley is already meant to have spoken to Villa.

Probably the Mick Mac.

Took the piss and suggested this, said it could be a little trait for the midlands - hire your rivals' ex-manager.  Nearly sent him over the edge.

Poor Roy hasn't got a chance, has he?

The media are going to break him (they're certainly in the process of doing so right now!). If he does indeed get appointed, will definitely give him a chance. Like some people have mentioned, he does have experience of different leagues and all that so logically speaking, he should be able to bring his knowledge to some good use on the international stage.