Roy Hodgson appointed new England manager

Ishmael

The Sun probably have a picture of Roy turned into some kind of vegetable.

Hatred of Redknapp aside I still think Hodgson is the better choice, he is more suited to International management. I think Harry would miss the day to day Interaction. My only worry with Roy is that will he have the balls to make the tough decisions and rid England of some of the old guard? Already a tough job will be made even tough given the media stance of Harry Redknapp. Lets see what some of Redknapps chums have to say about this.

The press want Redknapp in because he's as close as you'll get to having 'one of your own' in the (arguably) biggest job in the country.

Think of SKY Sports who employ his son - they'll be getting a shitload more exclusives than ever. When they say 'Sky Sources...'  just read Jamie Redknapp (who will almost certainly be put on an increased contract) All this shithouses who raise the questions he wnts at press conferences 'what do you think of Ba?'  'he a clause of £7m....blah,blah, blah.'

They'll fucking crucify Hodgson. Start a poll as to which vegetable he'll be compared to.

Guest Roger Kint

Couldnt agree more about the last 8 or so posts, i like Woy he has experience at all levels, took Fulham to a Europa Cup Final, Switzerland further than they had ever been and two seasons aside has a generally good record.

The media will sadly already have their knives ready for him, as someone who doesnt particularly care that much about England i would fucking love to see him prove them all wrong however unlikely that is.

I'd be worried about his ability to handle the "big ego" players, because his failure to do so was apparently his downfall at Liverpool.

Don't imagine he gets on too well with Gerrard for example. What happens when Stevie G starts stirring shit among his mates? (i.e. the "senior" England players.)

Perhaps he could solve both problems at once by having the balls to just leave all of them at home for the summer.

The press want Redknapp in because he's as close as you'll get to having 'one of your own' in the (arguably) biggest job in the country.

Think of SKY Sports who employ his son - they'll be getting a shitload more exclusives than ever. When they say 'Sky Sources...'  just read Jamie Redknapp (who will almost certainly be put on an increased contract) All this shithouses who raise the questions he wnts at press conferences 'what do you think of Ba?'  'he a clause of £7m....blah,blah, blah.'

They'll fucking crucify Hodgson. Start a poll as to which vegetable he'll be compared to.

Absolutely right.

Lets face it the England team is not good enough. They are hyped up beyond their potential every tournament.

Its a shame Hodgson is getting the job because it will be no fun seeing England fail again under him whereas I would have really quite enjoyed in a perverse way seeing Redknapps England crash and burn.

I'd be worried about his ability to handle the "big ego" players, because his failure to do so was apparently his downfall at Liverpool.

Don't imagine he gets on too well with Gerrard for example. What happens when Stevie G starts stirring shit among his mates? (i.e. the "senior" England players.)

Perhaps he could solve both problems at once by having the balls to just leave all of them at home for the summer.

Hopefully.

I must admit, I'm more optimistic that Hodgson would be prepared to adopt a new approach than Redknapp. A lot of these 'golden generation' players, Gerrard, Lampard, Terry, Cole, etc., need to realise that they need to actually earn the shirt. For too long England has been like one big boys club. Until the team is shed of that mentality they won't be getting my support.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2057827/Roy-Hodgson-Its-secret.html

Three most-listened-to songs on your iPod?

The Pretender by Jackson Browne, Nadir’s Aria from Georges Bizet’s opera The Pearl Fishers and the third would be a soul song, Loving Arms by Dobie Gray, (Making Love) At the Dark End of Street by Clarence Carter or These Arms are Mine by Otis Redding.

Last film you saw?

At the cinema it would be The King’s Speech. But I watch a lot of films at home. I’m working my way through a box-set of Mad Men, which is outstanding.

Last book you read?

I’ve got quite a voracious appetite. I enjoy the classics or good story-tellers. I’ve read nearly all of those who have won the Nobel Prize. I like Philip Roth, John Updike and Richard Yates. I had a period where I read a lot of Czech literature, the likes of Milan Kundera and Ivan Klima. I like German writers, too, such as Hermann Hesse. Not long ago I was given a book by Stefan Zweig, an Austrian, called Beware of Pity which is absolutely magnificent.

:notbad:

Imagine 'Arry settling down for the evening with a nice bit of Czech literature.

Guest Roger Kint

Gerrard can do one, I'd much rather see Scott Sinclair or Vicky Moses in an advanced midfield role.

Cant call up Vicky though

Guest Roger Kint

Richard Keys has been great on talksport. Slagging off the media for the Harry love-in and being disrespectful to Roy. He also disputes that Harry was the 'fans favourite'. He's spot on.

Just going to say that, heard the start of his show in the office and couldnt agree more with him for possibly the first time ever

Hodgson would be a joke of a manager for England, look at how he was when at Liverpool. The bloke can't handle pressure and pressure is something which he'll get plenty of if he became the national manager.

Hodgson would be a joke of a manager for England, look at how he was when at Liverpool. The bloke can't handle pressure and pressure is something which he'll get plenty of if he became the national manager.

Would it not be fair to say there is a new climate of realism regarding England? Everyone knows we're crap.

Would it not be fair to say there is a new climate of realism regarding England? Everyone knows we're crap.

Realism and England don't really go together, he'd get slaughtered by the press if results weren't going his way and he'd fold.

Guest Roger Kint

Reddknapp cant handle pressure, he'll be on twitch factor 5 if he was appointed England manager.

Wonder how long it would be before his tapping up of Lewis Holtby(sp?) started if he was appointed?

Tho I think Redknapp will be tolerated alot longer then Roy, as soon as England have one set back, the papers will be after Roy...I can see a Taylor all over again.

They'll always be the same, I can't stand them as they have far too much say in when a manager of England fails.

Reddknapp cant handle pressure, he'll be on twitch factor 5 if he was appointed England manager.

Wonder how long it would be before his tapping up of Lewis Holtby(sp?) started if he was appointed?

Considering he is a full German International, i doubt even Redknapp would stoop to such idiocy.