Realistic Expectations For Next Season.

Crumpy Gunt
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

we should have around 30M to spend imo, but do you trust hughton with that after seeing leon best play

What about Lovenkrands, Routledge, Williamson, Hall and van Aanholt?

All very good signings.

easy to sign decent players when top of league

Will be easy to sign decent players when we're back in the top division, what's your point?

Guest Phil K

Will be easy to sign decent players when we're back in the top division, what's your point?

That I doubt.

ALL the decent players want to join the top 4.

OR Moneybags City

Its getting bloody ridiculous.

That I doubt.

OR Moneybags City

Decent doesn't mean world class.

Guest Phil K

That I doubt.

OR Moneybags City

Decent doesn't mean world class.

Same applies in the last season or two

At this rate the top 4 and Croesus City will have 20 mill players in the juniors....

Going for AAAARGHHHHH Not again! as things currently stand.  The squad is still painfully thin in numbers, we're losing a number of players at the endof thier loan and the centre of midfield is fucking horrendous, but won't be upgraded because the concensus at the club seems to be that Nolan and Smith are top class.  They're not.  That central midfield will take us down again.  To top that off we haven't really got a good manager and he won't get replaced until it's too late.

We're currently top of a very shit league due to our home form - our away record, and overall play away from home is still shit - and we can't rely on home form in the top league to keep us up as we found out last year.

Going for AAAARGHHHHH Not again! as things currently stand.  The squad is still painfully thin in numbers, we're losing a number of players at the endof thier loan and the centre of midfield is f***ing horrendous, but won't be upgraded because the concensus at the club seems to be that Nolan and Smith are top class.  They're not.  That central midfield will take us down again.  To top that off we haven't really got a good manager and he won't get replaced until it's too late.

We're currently top of a very s*** league due to our home form - our away record, and overall play away from home is still s*** - and we can't rely on home form in the top league to keep us up as we found out last year.

We will have at least one new player in central midfield.

We will have at least one new player in central midfield.

We'll have Joey Barton back, unless between now and August he's crocked or a naughty boy again.  That will be just like having a new player in midfield.  O0

Plus, once promotion is guaranteed, there's still the chance that we'll see the annual sale start again.

I'm hoping Wolves will go down, so we can go for Doyle.

We need another proven scorer for next season.  I don't want Shola anywhere near the front line.

Another central midfielder is a must too.

9-12 is what I'm expecting, assuming we make a couple of signings to strengthen our midfield.

Our defense is very, very good - easily Premiership-quality, imo. Our central midfield, however, is the weakest part of the team and we'll be run over by almost every team in the Premiership unless Barton returns to form and is partnered with an improved Guthrie or a mobile, technically-decent offensive central midfielder is signed to provide some composure to our midfield. Jonas and Routledge are middle-Premiership level players so I'm not worried about them; they've got pace which will scare the shit out of most Premiership defenses so they'll still be able to cause trouble.

Then, up front, apart from Lovenkrands, we've got a horribly slow and inactive strike force, and this lack of pace was what I believed was a main cause in our inability to score in our last Premiership campaign (note: Martins' absences through injury and our managers' refusal to drop the slow Owen didn't help), and that's why a pacey striker has to be the second priority for Hughton this summer.

Apart from that, getting a good backup for Enrique and some extra CMs would provide the necessary squad depth.

Wol

I'm hoping Wolves will go down, so we can go for Doyle.

We need another proven scorer for next season.  I don't want Shola anywhere near the front line.

Another central midfielder is a must too.

Wolves paid 6 million for Doyle so they would want quite a bit for him!!!

Lambias on the BBC seemed to suggest that they would only buy 1-2 million pound players.

Man Utd & Liverpool fans I speak to reckon we'd finish comfortably upper bottom-half even with the squad as it is.

I don't think they know our squad the way that we do though.

They probably think that Nolan is a box to box player and that Butt is a great defensive midfielder too.  That's what my Scouse mates think anyway.

I think we will scrape through at 17th or 16th, anything else would be unbeleivable.

We need a decent right back as Simpson and Raylor are gash.

We need to get rid of Butt, Smith, pancrate, Shola.

We need a class striker and a centre midfielder with "presence".

Couple of youngsters and loanees and we're away :)