If we're promoted...

Ash
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm not sure if it's a common agreement around here but I remember reading some posts about not really wanting to celebrate promotion; I appreciate the point of not wanting to see it as massive achievement but surely it's worthy of a decent celebration?

I'm not sure where or when but I vaguely remember watching a game many years ago, I think from one of the lower divisions but it was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. It was a leading team in the division, playing a fairly standard home game against mediocre opposition and when they went 1-0 up, there was a pitch invasion.  :lol:

I did it when my team was promoted here in Sweden a few years ago. We are also a club that belongs in the top division, but there was an immense feeling of relief when that final whistle was blown. It was an away game, by the way. Don't think I would have done it at a home game, for whatever reason.

I did it when my team was promoted here in Sweden a few years ago. We are also a club that belongs in the top division, but there was an immense feeling of relief when that final whistle was blown. It was an away game, by the way. Don't think I would have done it at a home game, for whatever reason.

AIK have been down in the Superettan? ??? I obviously don't pay as much attention to Swedish football as I thought. :lol:

I really hope no one does.

Antics of a small time club that.

Why, because the pricks at Old Trafford or the Camp Nou wouldn't do it? Nowt wrong with a pitch invasion to celebrate going up.

We did it at Grimsby and it'll happen at Plymouth or Reading or wherever. Can't wait to see the threads appear on here from all the lads sat at their monitors in all their dignified glory.

It's got nowt to do with Man United man.

We haven't achieved anything - it's those arrogant pricks' faults we're down here in the first place - celebrating the fact we're going back to where we should never have left in the first place is stupid.

Guest Alan_Shearer

How does pitch invasion work from a law standpoint? Cause im sure if only a few went on they would get taken down, but if there are hundreds/thousands do they just think f*ck it we can't stop them now? lol

Or do they decide before a game if they will allow it.

I'll be celebrating but I won't be running on the pitch. I'll see it more as a case of 'job done' rather than 'let's go fucking mental'. Best of luck to those that do try to invade the pitch and get nicked/hoyed out though. :)

Why, because the pricks at Old Trafford or the Camp Nou wouldn't do it? Nowt wrong with a pitch invasion to celebrate going up.

We did it at Grimsby and it'll happen at Plymouth or Reading or wherever. Can't wait to see the threads appear on here from all the lads sat at their monitors in all their dignified glory.

We haven't achieved anything - it's those arrogant pricks' faults we're down here in the first place - celebrating the fact we're going back to where we should never have left in the first place is stupid.

I wouldn't say its the 'arrogant pricks' fault tbh. We went down because we were in mayhem all season, the management was shocking, and we totally lacked quality in the centre of midfield. The pricks who I would blame for not stepping up to the plate last season, like Owen, have gone.

I wouldn't say its the 'arrogant pricks' fault tbh. We went down because we were in mayhem all season, the management was shocking, and we totally lacked quality in the centre of midfield. The pricks who I would blame for not stepping up to the plate last season, like Owen, have gone.

By 'arrogant pricks', I was covering management, ownership and players alike :pow:

AIK have been down in the Superettan? ??? I obviously don't pay as much attention to Swedish football as I thought. :lol:

Aye, we were relegated in 2004, spent the 2005 season in Superettan, won it fairly comfortably though.

I'll be celebrating but I won't be running on the pitch. I'll see it more as a case of 'job done' rather than 'let's go f***ing mental'.

:thup:

You just said celebrating was stupid, make up your mind. O0

I'll be celebrating but I won't be running on the pitch. I'll see it more as a case of 'job done' rather than 'let's go f***ing mental'.

:thup:

You just said celebrating was stupid, make up your mind. O0

By 'arrogant pricks', I was covering management, ownership and players alike :pow:

Fair enough.

Why not?, do you honestly think if the historic big cubs like Leeds, Ipswich, Sheff Wed and such woudn't?, of course they would. As it has been said, we went down, weather or not we should of been in that position or not, this season we have been a CCC team and if we get promoted we will then become a Premiership team.

If I'm there and I'm low enough down and everyone else does it then yes I will do it, no doubt though Newcastle will be the only club to be fined for doing so.

Only a pitch invasion at Blundell Park last time because conditions at that game were verging on Hillsborough far too many fans behind the goal in the seats and standing... was fucking ridiculous whole ground was full of Newcastle just about

Not that weve even done it yet but what? Seriously? ???

Fuck this hanging on to past glories or not giving a shit because 'we deserve to be up there', I'll be fucking ecstatic if we win promotion. :celb:

If people wanna celebrate it then why judge them? The impact of promotion is massive. In the bigger picture, if we don't get promoted. what quality is left in our squad will leave and we could spend years in this division.

This sort of snobby attitude is one of the major reasons atmospheres aren't what they were. People are getting more self-conscious at football games. The very fact we are having this discussion is a bit ridiculous. Football is an emotional game, if you get carried away in the excitement then who cares? Planning not to celebrate because of how someone down south watching Sky Sports might feel is absolutely ridiculous.

I wouldn't want Ashley, Llambias and so on thinking they have done us some sort of favour, but let's face it their heads are in the clouds anyway and have been since day 1.