Doncaster Rovers 0 - 1 Newcastle - 23/03/10 - post match reaction from page 21

Dave

Got to say I'm surprised with the win, but delighted, especially with Forest winning also, looks like they've found their form again, as have Brom, so we are going to have to keep on performing and grinding out results like this.

Guest Geordiesned

Anyone on the 10.48 train with a can of lager they want to swap for a can of cider? The buffet car has sold out of lager so had to settle for cider but not owa keen on it. Coach E. :)

Anyone on the 10.48 train with a can of lager they want to swap for a can of cider? The buffet car has sold out of lager so had to settle for cider but not owa keen on it. Coach E. :)

:lol:

Guest neesy111

:lol:

:)

Aye ok. See you in Coach D.

Got to be one of my favourite posts ever :lol:

Kadar did well again tonight. Made a few little errors but recovered well from them. It definitely helped him by playing alongside the magnificent Coloccini who was absolutely brilliant tonight, MOTM by a country mile.

Just a quickie - was their "goal" offside? SSN showed just one angle which wasn't helpful. Judging by the fact there were 3 or so of their players in and around the keeper, I'm guessing it was?

Just got back, very satisfying win. Have to say Hughton got it right tonight with the team, stopped them from playing, knew we were gonna nick it at somepoint in the second half, the way Carroll and Nolan were causing their defenders problems a goal was inevitable. Their  disallowed goal was offside, late flag though. Apart from that they were shit.

Harper 7 - Safe as houses.

R.Taylor 7 - Did very little wrong

Kadar 8 - Absolutely cracking performance from the lad, smart defender who just does the simple things very well.

Coloccini 8 - Love him, brilliant all game a class above in this division.

Simpson 7 - Solid to say he was playing on the left, did ok linking with Jonas, still not great going forward.

Routledge 8 - Canny, brilliant pass through for the goal, caused them problems all night. Got into good attacking areas time after time.

Butt 5 - Even not too bad from him, he's clearly past it. But he did ok and looked comfortable towards the end. Sprayed a lovely ball to Routledge as well.

Guthrie 6 - Was involved a lot in our most dominant spell of possession leading up to and after the goal. Not his best performance though.

Jonas 6 - Little end product tonight, ran all game though as you'd expect.

Nolan 7 - He really is a lazy bastard like, he had a chance keeper saved it and I swear it took him 5 mins to get back in position. Played well tonight though.

Carroll 7 - Cracking finish, won pretty much every header, hold up play is terrific.

Barton 5 - Didn't see much of him.

Pancrate 5 - Only on for 2 mins and stoppage time. Don't know where the ref got 4 mins stoppage time from like.

Would like to extend thanks to Ocho for giving me and my mate a lift, top man.

Just got back, very satisfying win. Have to say Hughton got it right tonight with the team, stopped them from playing, knew we were gonna nick it at somepoint in the second half, the way Carroll and Nolan were causing their defenders problems a goal was inevitable. Their disallowed goal was offside, late flag though. Apart from that they were shit.

Harper 7 - Safe as houses.

R.Taylor 7 - Did very little wrong

Kadar 8 - Absolutely cracking performance from the lad, smart defender who just does the simple things very well.

Coloccini 8 - Love him, brilliant all game a class above in this division.

Simpson 7 - Solid to say he was playing on the left, did ok linking with Jonas, still not great going forward.

Routledge 8 - Canny, brilliant pass through for the goal, caused them problems all night. Got into good attacking areas time after time.

Butt 5 - Even not too bad from him, he's clearly past it. But he did ok and looked comfortable towards the end. Sprayed a lovely ball to Routledge as well.

Guthrie 6 - Was involved a lot in our most dominant spell of possession leading up to and after the goal. Not his best performance though.

Jonas 6 - Little end product tonight, ran all game though as you'd expect.

Nolan 7 - He really is a lazy bastard like, he had a chance keeper saved it and I swear it took him 5 mins to get back in position. Played well tonight though.

Carroll 7 - Cracking finish, won pretty much every header, hold up play is terrific.

Barton 5 - Didn't see much of him.

Pancrate 5 - Only on for 2 mins and stoppage time. Don't know where the ref got 4 mins stoppage time from like.

Would like to extend thanks to Ocho for giving me and my mate a lift, top man.

Agree with all of that except I thought Ryan Taylor was absolutely terrrible.

Harper's kicking was shocking as well.

Agree on this. Really didn't think Taylor or Simpson were that bad, defending anyway. Going forward they weren't up to much.

Just got back and i was on coach C on the 10:48 , Sorry Geordiesned. But i did sell a can to someone for £1.50 if that's anyone on here. Andy Carroll is just a beast. He has the best attitude of a footballer on a pitch but the worst off it. He was a beast today. Kadar didnt put  foot wrong , no-one noticed it was him as he was that good.

Agree on this. Really didn't think Taylor or Simpson were that bad, defending anyway. Going forward they weren't up to much.

I don't remember Simpson winning a header, he got owned several times by their winger, his passing was atrocious and I don't think he had a cross that actually wasn't blocked by the defender.

Looked ridiculously out of his depth on the left, and Jonas suffered as a result too.

I don't remember Simpson winning a header, he got owned several times by their winger, his passing was atrocious and I don't think he had a cross that actually wasn't blocked by the defender.

Looked ridiculously out of his depth on the left, and Jonas suffered as a result too.

simpson never really got owned by their winger but got caught out a couple of times by balls in behind him. didn't get much support from a very subdued gutierrez either.

a nothing happened game which we won ugly. we took our good chance and harper made one decent save. honestly struggling to pick out one player on either who was much better or much worse than the others.

This is a great result because they were on a roll and we had had problems leading up to the game - you have to give credit to Carroll for performing well and taking his goal after all the bad publicity(not that this excludes him from any culpability, but that can wait).

The game WAS a banana skin and the sort of match Newcastle sides have lost in the past so credit to both management and players for keeping their nerve.

The match with Forest(shades of 1974..!)has assumed huge significance now and the side will be under huge pressure when we play them , because everyone knows that a win will be an enormous step to promotion. If Newcastle DO win, I reckon it will take the wind out of Forest's sails and also deflate WBA slightly so the game's importance cannot be overstated.

We will now see just what Hughton and Calderwood are made of because the management will be crucial in ensuring the team go on the pitch with just the right attitude ; not over-confident, not too hyped-up or nervous, but with a determined, professional approach.

The whole season's work could hang on getting a positive result.

i was on there.....but in first class.

Btw Colo and Carroll threw their shirts into the crowd , colo's song was sang for 40 minutes straight all the way to the train station.

Can't stop singing that colo song. Love it!  :colo: