Martin O'Neill

TheGuv

make that 70 years cla 1dwa......

he needs to buy a 2-3 top class players at European level but the money isn't there to buy AND take the wage inflation

he keeps on with Hesky (as do England) becuase he keeps going, he gives 150% and he takes a lot of strain of the others - but he'd be on the bench in an instant if MoN could buy Drogba or similar

i think there is understandable frustration as villa always look like a decent side early in the season, (i mean, their record against the bigger teams this year has been excellent), but they switch off towards the end of the season and drift away a bit. i mean, it's easy to say 'they were s*** under o leary and now they're better,' but if i was a villa fan i'd want to see some progress. sixth last year, same the year before, seventh this year and with a few tricky games to come (everton, man city away) i wouldn't back them to finish any higher, given their poor form and poor goal difference. (they need to make up ten goals on liverpool). it's almost as if villa have become the typical 'perfectly decent but never anything to get really excited about' side.

i rate o'neill in the main, and you cannot forget what he did for them when he took over. they were seriously close to the drop at one point. but his persistence with heskey just makes me wonder. he's a seriously s*** player.

as for the gimps who wouldn't have him here.  :facepalm:

he'd be one of the best manager's we've had in the last 30 years.

hows that work ? he may come here with one of the best records but it would be what he achieves here that would make him one of the best we've had.

dalglish had big league championships to his name but i doubt many would put him in our top 3 over the last 30 years.

Guest Stephen927

They are playing so many games at the moment, the team is tired by the 60th minute. The problem is there are only 4 Champions League places, 2 are taken up by Chelsea and Man United, Arsenal and Liverpool are the teams who look like dropping out of it if anybody is going to. You have about 4 or 5 teams who have spent big and are aiming to finish in that one spot. Villa will almost likely fail to make the top 4 this season, but it's a tough ask no matter how much money you have, it's a tough league.

They are playing so many games at the moment, the team is tired by the 60th minute. The problem is there are only 4 Champions League places, 2 are taken up by Chelsea and Man United, Arsenal and Liverpool are the teams who look like dropping out of it if anybody is going to. You have about 4 or 5 teams who have spent big and are aiming to finish in that one spot. Villa will almost likely fail to make the top 4 this season, but it's a tough ask no matter how much money you have, it's a tough league.

Exactly. The top four have been constant for the last 4 years or so. Breaking into it is clearly very difficult, and even this season it's not a foregone conclusion yet that Liverpool will miss out.

Apparently he's resigned today, unconfirmed reports at the minute.

Not a chance just cannot see it.

Sourced from Caulkin and Oliver Kay on twitter. Just a rumour at the moment. Would shock me too even after the battering they took on Saturday.

Apparently he's resigned today, unconfirmed reports at the minute.

Not a chance just cannot see it.

Sourced from Caulkin and Oliver Kay on twitter. Just a rumour at the moment. Would shock me too even after the battering they took on Saturday.

Now I've said that Caulkin is backtracking and it seems less likely :lol:

Guest tyzer

Going back to Celtic :)

fyp.

Talksport are a f***ing joke. How are they still allowed to broadcast?

They're like the Daily Sport of radio

What did Talksport say? I agree they are a joke. Last week they were linking Steve McClaren with the newcastle job in the summer.

fyp.

Talksport are a f***ing joke. How are they still allowed to broadcast?

What did Talksport say? I agree they are a joke. Last week they were linking Steve McClaren with the newcastle job in the summer.

so was that bloody woman in the observer on sunday

Guest palnese

I just read on Twitter that they had heard Martin O'Neill had left Aston Villa.

Denied by the club.

As NUFC did when Keegan left?

fyp.

Talksport are a fucking joke. How are they still allowed to broadcast?

The Daily Sport has fewer tits.