Sunderland...

Heron

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=572430&page=12

f***ing fantasic stuff, people worrying about Quinns health because of his recent comments, and some guy claiming attendances may be down simply because people have died since 2004!!! You couldnt make this s*** up.

just a point of order re missing fans.

i know personally 5 people who have died, who had a season ticket in 2004.

it is possible say 1000 people know something similar. a possible reason for 5000 missing people when quinn keeps talking about the seasons we had 45000 plus crowds back in the 2000/2001 season

GOLD :lol:

:lol: You couldn't make that shit up.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=572430&page=12

f***ing fantasic stuff, people worrying about Quinns health because of his recent comments, and some guy claiming attendances may be down simply because people have died since 2004!!! You couldnt make this s*** up.

just a point of order re missing fans.

i know personally 5 people who have died, who had a season ticket in 2004.

it is possible say 1000 people know something similar. a possible reason for 5000 missing people when quinn keeps talking about the seasons we had 45000 plus crowds back in the 2000/2001 season

GOLD :lol:

you have to admire that level of imagination and complete blindness, not to mention the bravery of actually going public with it despite knowing how stupid it's going to make him look.

Most of the Sunderland stuff is funny, but I'm genuinely getting pissed off with Quinn now. Not a single thing to do with the mackem connections, he's just a f***ing annoying man. You're not going to make a pissing difference by threatening s*** every week if fans don't show up. You've got your attendances, f***ing deal with it. Jesus H f***ing Christ. Every week. Just piss off and try something new other than whining to the media to try and get attendances up.

i think it shows how worried he is, as if short has said to him "whats the point in me putting in so much if it looks like there is no capital return and seemingly no appreciation in terms of fan numbers."

Guest toonlass

Most of the Sunderland stuff is funny, but I'm genuinely getting pissed off with Quinn now. Not a single thing to do with the mackem connections, he's just a f***ing annoying man. You're not going to make a pissing difference by threatening s*** every week if fans don't show up. You've got your attendances, f***ing deal with it. Jesus H f***ing Christ. Every week. Just piss off and try something new other than whining to the media to try and get attendances up.

i think it shows how worried he is, as if short has said to him "whats the point in me putting in so much if it looks like there is no capital return and seemingly no appreciation in terms of fan numbers."

Tbh, I think Ellis Short was probably sold a promise of "Give them the football and they will come". Short's put the money in and numbers haven't increased. Now Quinn's shitting himself cos he knows Short isn't going to bankroll them if people don't turn up.

Even when they do get fans in they are charging £10 a ticket...its not going very far.

Deaths man.  :mackems:

Dear god that has made my morning.

Also £1.8m is nowt really, just get rid of one of their shit defenders like Ferdinand and that will more than cover the gap, Quinny can then start letting them in for free!

I just love the logic behind it: "I know of 5 people with STs that died, if - say - 1000 other people know 5 people each that accounts for 5000 dead ST holders!"

I know of 2 close people that died in the past year, if everybody knows 2 people that died Mankind has been extinct twice over :snod:

Even when they do get fans in they are charging £10 a ticket...its not going very far.

Deaths man.  :mackems:

they try too hard to better us, and then the realisation they can never match us or be bigger hits them hard, its hilarious. they should just judge themselves against boro, save themselves all the false dawns.

they try too hard to better us, and then the realisation they can never match us or be bigger hits them hard, its hilarious. they should just judge themselves against boro, save themselves all the false dawns.

That's it really; know your place. We need to find it as well thinking we can hold out on £35m bids for Andy Carroll but they really are further down the food chain. They've got to live within their means, and really Sunderland's fans are from the region, something like 98% of all attendees live within 10-15 miles of the ground, which is great in terms of local loyalty, but not so good when bringing in the cash, especially in the recession and in a North East area like Sunderland suffering jobs cuts, closers and the likes for decades on the spin. Quinn just has to accept the club isn't as big as he thinks it is, and really potentially the club has topped out when he was a player there and it will struggle to get there again in this economic environment and even greater competition on the field.

If both our owners left tomorrow I know which ship i'd rather be on, Sunderland wouldn't last a year without him.

Also £1.8m is nowt really, just get rid of one of their s*** defenders like Ferdinand and that will more than cover the gap, Quinny can then start letting them in for free!

Keane's ridiculous and unchecked spending (chairman at the time Mr.N.Quinn) has left them a legacy of players on stupid salaries like Ferdinand who they can't shift. Their salary bill is very uncomfortable.

Despite their obsession with attendances it's not the real issue anyway - joking apart, reduced price and free tickets etc is not helping the receipts whatever the gate is - they need to up the yield per fan to a premier league level but that is not easy when they're offering tickets at the same price as Blyth Spartans.

It is begining to look like they are increasingly dependent on the philanthropy of a hedge fund investor who lives on a different continent.

Interesting times.

They're the thickest people on Earth but even they should now see that St Niall is being a dick to them. To say things like "despise" and "we may not be the club I thought we were" is stupidity. They'll just keep their heads in the sand and it'll be hilarious.....they really are made for each other!

The Irish economy being on it's arse won't help the brigade of new fans who probably started coming over after St. Niall got involved with them.

I should think that'd knocked a couple of thousand on the head.

And if everyone else on this forum thinks that's knocked a couple of thousand on the head, that's two million they're missing out on.

The Irish economy being on it's arse won't help the brigade of new fans who probably started coming over after St. Niall got involved with them.

And if everyone else on this forum thinks that's knocked a couple of thousand on the head, that's two million they're missing out on.

:spit:

Never mind the Irish, what about Sunderland fans from fucking Sunderland?  They get plenty when we visit, it's not as if they have to ship in an immigrant workforce to fill the stadium.  We managed to get a fuckload against Sheff fucking Wed and it's not like we don't have pub telly, bussed in a load of Norwegians or we're all immortal.

Criticising a club for getting small crowds is stupid anyway, it's either due to accidents of geography, relative success (meaning a lot of the new fans are essentially casual) and the vagaries of the economy.

Never understood why clubs are judged on attendances at all. There's not much they can do about how many people support them.

couple of thousand is generous, 1k over even when keane was there would be stretching it if you ask me, its all man u celtic and liverpool here with everyone else in much smaller numbers

Olympique De Marseille Sporting Director Jose Anigo Slams Premier League - Goal.com

http://www.goal.com/en/news/90/france/2011/02/22/2364059/olympique-de-marseille-sporting-director-jose-anigo-slams

Olympique de Marseille's sporting director Jose Anigo is not impressed with the Premier League.

By Stefan Coerts

Feb 22, 2011 3:58:00 PM

Many football followers around the world consider the Premier League to be the strongest league around, but Jose Anigo, sporting director of French champions Olympique de Marseille, is not impressed and has voiced his opinion that it's all about the money in England.

"We should really stop the obsession for the Premier League. They have big clubs like Manchester United and Chelsea, but behind those teams are sides like Sunderland and Wolves," Anigo was quoted as saying by AFP.

:iamatwat: