Sunderland...

Heron

Fourth_Official Fourth Official

Sunderland do not feel it's worthwhile making a bid for Wickham as they feel he's more than likely joining Liverpool. #SAFC #LFC

If thats true then that a horrible way to run a club, "pointless bidding on him man, he PROBABLY won't come"

Sunderland do not feel it's worthwhile making a bid for Wickham as they feel he's more than likely joining Liverpool. #SAFC #LFC

If thats true then that a horrible way to run a club, "pointless bidding on him man, he PROBABLY won't come"

There is a thread about this on RTG currently. Mackems think this is just a case of knowing what's realistic and buying safe because Newcastle are just trying to string us all along in order to boost ST sales.

While that is quite a reasonable thing to think it also could be because we genuinely want these kind of players and you've always got a chance until the bigger boys come sniffing, there is more value in other leagues and we are trying to sniff it out not spunk it all on a duo of Darren Gibson, brown

There is a thread about this on RTG currently. Mackems think this is just a case of knowing what's realistic and buying safe because Newcastle are just trying to string us all along in order to boost ST sales.

While that is quite a reasonable thing to think it also could be because we genuinely want these kind of players and you've always got a chance until the bigger boys come sniffing, there is more value in other leagues and we are trying to sniff it out not spunk it all on a duo of Darren Gibson, brown

Would somehow come back to us :lol:

Jesus man :lol:

It's this 'touch of class' lark again isn't it

Guest toonlass

Reckon someone should whisper in 'Arry's shell-like that we want Gyan. He'd been in there like a shot!

Yeah, they will be standing aside, you know the way they keep accusing us of doing.

Guest Wearside

They agree Wickham fee... 9mil....

I had this discussion on here before when Newcastle were linked with him and my opinion is still the same,IMO he is very over-rated and if he is coming to be our main striker then I'd be very,very worried.

Best thing for him would be to stop at Ipswich for at least another season and get some experience,he has only been starting games properly for about a year and would have to improve massively to start games for Liverpool or any other mid-table PL team for that matter.

I had this discussion on here before when Newcastle were linked with him and my opinion is still the same,IMO he is very over-rated and if he is coming to be our main striker then I'd be very,very worried.

Best thing for him would be to stop at Ipswich for at least another season and get some experience,he has only been starting games properly for about a year and would have to improve massively to start games for Liverpool or any other mid-table PL team for that matter.

agree with this actually  :kasper:

I'd be utterly devastated if Wickham went to the Mackems.

On a lighter note:

But Gyan admitted Spurs would be an attractive proposition, adding: "Spurs are a fantastic club and any player would be flattered by their interest, so I am, but there is nothing I can do if Sunderland want to keep me."

Ouch.

Loads of players make stupid decisions and peak too early, but if Wickham is sensible he can have a long career at the top level. He's 18, right? He shouldn't be in a rush. Spend 4-5 years developing at Ipswich and a lower PL club - then he should be ready. At 23 he still has 10 great years left in him. Go to Liverpool now and he'll stunt that development.

This.

Loads of players make stupid decisions and peak too early, but if Wickham is sensible he can have a long career at the top level. He's 18, right? He shouldn't be in a rush. Spend 4-5 years developing at Ipswich and a lower PL club - then he should be ready. At 23 he still has 10 great years left in him. Go to Liverpool now and he'll stunt that development.

nope, he really ought to go to a club where he wont be first choice, where he will be develoiped properly. man utd ideally but i don't think they've even been mentioned in connection with him.

Guest Wearside

Steve Bruce has played under Sir Alex Ferguson and I think he bases his managerial style on Sir Alex.

LOL

Gibson is clearly attracted by the free flowing,attractive football we play. :)

Guest VegasToon

Steve Bruce has played under Sir Alex Ferguson and I think he bases his managerial style on Sir Alex.

LOL

Gibson is clearly attracted by the free flowing,attractive football we play. :)

He's back and still drunk.