Sunderland...

Heron

the games prior to the derby will have as much an effect on it as anything imo, starting with blackburn we have 4 very winnable games out of 5 (inc. the mackems) and if we go into the derby having done well in the previous 4 i think there'll be plenty of daylight between us and we'll be more comfortable going into the game

if we lost that first game then struggle in the games up to the derby they'll probably have their tails up and could honestly be ahead of us by that point if things go badly for us...if we're in form going into the game we'll fuckin do them imo, if the pressure's on us to win i don't fancy it that much tbh

No doubt they will once again be spouting about how many they'll beat us by before we turn them over once again. It's all got a bit boring and predictable in recent seasons.

In fairness to them they've turned in some decent results lately, the players no doubt responding to having the jumpy jack eejit on the the touchline rather than the morose figure of Bruce staring at them, but I'm not sure that the performances have drastically improved, apart from displaying the extra energy a new managerial appointment inevitably brings.

The bits I've seen of them against Blackburn,Man City and Wigan (first half) they didn't really impress, got some very dubious decisions and rode their luck. Apart from that it's been a couple of predictable away defeats and Swansea and Everton which I can't really comment on.

Yeah they're probably harder to break down and defeat, they look like a dirty team and seem to be getting a lot of leniency shown to them at present - maybe their manager has learned how to sway referees effectively over the years - but they still lack quality and the honeymoon period is little different to other honeymoon periods they've had in years gone by only to end up despising their managers as time goes by.

They seem to be enjoying O'Neil's blarney and animation right now, but it normally all ends in tears down there.

Just listening to 5 live....2 ex Sun/land players saying that the team plays to "sell outs " every week!!  I make it about 10k short average.

36K against Swansea wasn't it ?

Piss poor for a Saturday 3 0'clock kick off when they were playing a team currently being hyped big and who probably brought a good following.

There's only one club who can sell out the SOL nowadays and it isn't Sunderland.

The guy's admitted he made it up to get a bite on his Facebook 'banter' page man :lol:

Smoke/fire ?

Whatever the truth, he's probably not for the long term once his family have left the place.

If not Marseille then maybe some Arab Sunday League team could rescue him from the squalor of Wearside before too long.

The guy's admitted he made it up to get a bite on his Facebook 'banter' page man :lol:

Smoke/fire ?

Whatever the truth, he's probably not for the long term once his family have left the place.

If not Marseille then maybe some Arab Sunday League team could rescue him from the squalor of Wearside before too long.

No. :lol:

If Liverpool made just one signing i could see them winning the league with the squad they have.......unfortunately for them we made that signing.

Really not sure what this chap is on about :lol:

Aye, totally lost me as well.  Only one I can think of is Larsson, great delivery and scored a few, like he would get in the Liverpool starting XI though????  His all round game is mediocre at best.