Sunderland...

Heron

I'm annoyed they've got Wickham, I'll be annoyed if they sign O'Shea but apart from that? I reckon I'll cope :lol:

Wickham has never really impressed me everytime I've watched him and his goals havn't exactly set the Championship alight.

Guest Howaythetoon

How3 can you get annoyed about another club signing someone elses player? i'd be annoyed if they signed Barton for example but Whickham, Oshea? :lol:

Guest Heneage

I think Wes Brown is done based on the twitter of an agent (A reputable one) who I assume represents him.

I'm annoyed they've got Wickham, I'll be annoyed if they sign O'Shea but apart from that? I reckon I'll cope :lol:

Wickham has never really impressed me everytime I've watched him and his goals havn't exactly set the Championship alight.

He'll never be as good as the hype has made him out to be.

He has some good attributes, but is nothing special. I find it funny how people on here scorn at Bendtner, whereas massively rate Wickham who is a very similar kind of player only nowhere near as proven and not as good yet. I know which one I'd rather spend £8 million on.

Bendtner is a below average striker who's proven time after time he needs about 6 chances to put the ball in the net.

Wickham is at least a year away from being ready for Premier League football and even then we don't know how good he's going to be.

Neither are worth the money.

Bendtner is a below average striker who's proven time after time he needs about 6 chances to put the ball in the net.

Wickham is at least a year away from being ready for Premier League football and even then we don't know how good he's going to be.

I think you're just replaying that one game in your head time and time again. He's nowhere near as bad as you make out on here.

Don't get me wrong, he's still far better than any of our strikers except Ba.  Just think with the money at our disposal we could get a better goalscorer.

Also don't think he'd fit our system.  With Ba being about 6ft 3 what we need is a striker with pace who can get on the end of things, not someone who is similar to him.

Don't get me wrong, he's still far better than any of our strikers except Ba.  Just think with the money at our disposal we could get a better goalscorer.

Also don't think he'd fit our system.  With Ba being about 6ft 3 what we need is a striker with pace who can get on the end of things, not someone who is similar to him.

i can think of 2  canny goal scorers we could of had.

Ba is actually pretty rapid.

I agree though I've said on here that I'd rather somebody who was quick and can run the channels. That's why despite the forum-wide skepticism I don't think Erding sounds a bad option.

i can think of 2  canny goal scorers we could of had.

Just don't see why we can't throw £15m at Chelsea for Sturridge.

Would also help them pay for a good chunk of Aguero/Modric/Neymar not that they need it.

I think you're just replaying that one game in your head time and time again. He's nowhere near as bad as you make out on here.

I'm going to go all Ronaldo on this but I've asked my Arsenal supporting friends and they all think he's shit.

I'm going to go all Ronaldo on this but I've asked my Arsenal supporting friends and they all think he's shit.

Arsenal fans are clueless.

So their back 4 is looking like:

O'Shea*    Brown*  Bramble    Bardsley

with Turner and Ferdinand to bring in.

*that's always assuming they get them signed obviously. Not exactly impenetrable is it? 

Running to stand still imo.

Just truly... average. Middle of the road. Mediocre. Meh.

They'll win enough to stay out of trouble, they won't win enough to progress. Simple as that.

Actually, lose Gyan (sold without replacing or injured) and they'll definitely be finishing lower than 10th.

Guest WashyGeordie

I wonder if the players from Manchester they've (or will) sign will perform aswell as Butt and Smith...

It'll surely be

Gardner and Cattermole in the middle. Maybe Sessegnon on the right and Richardson on the left?

Mignolet in goal and Gyan up top with Wickham?

They'll set up as:

Mignolet

Bardsley        Brown         Bramble          O'Shea

Sessegnon     Gardner    Cattermole      Richardson

Gyan          Wickham

That about right, I'm guessing a bit? Hardly a frightening XI is it? Bench would be Westwood, Turner, Ferdinand, El Mohammedy, Korean lad,  Malbranque & Larsson

I must have missed someone.    

It'll surely be

Gardner and Cattermole in the middle. Maybe Sessegnon on the right and Richardson on the left?

Mignolet in goal and Gyan up top with Wickham?

They'll set up as:

Mignolet

Bardsley        Brown        Bramble          O'Shea

Sessegnon    Gardner    Cattermole      Richardson

Gyan          Wickham

That about right, I'm guessing a bit. Hardly a frightening XI is it? Bench would be Westwood, Turner, Ferdinand, El Mohammedy, Korean lad,  Malbranque & ?

I must have missed someone.   

defence looks suspect, midfield and forward looks decent- BUT... a couple injuries, and catermoles bans, they will be into the skinny end of a shit squad.