Sunderland...

Heron

Decent signings, but not enough to justify the major wank fest they are currently having. That said, if they get Zog and possibly one other good quality player, then they'll have a good mix of solid and attacking players.

So far, nothing to be scared of, just they've bought more players with PL experience which might settle better in time for the derby.

Fucking hate sunderland.

No shit, reserval of mag at work, mackem at work messaged my mate on the subject of O'Shea

"He's got 7 premiership medals!"

my mate replied with:

"I've got a Greggs cancer run medal from 1991, doesn't mean I'm an Olympic athlete"

Genius.

Guest johnson293

If we'd spent money on O'Shea and Brown I would be gutted. Chances are it's decent money, 3-4 year deals and big wages. 31 and 30 years old respectably and I don't rate either.

Seen reports that the deal for O'Shea, Brown and Gibson was £11m transfer fee.

If Gibson is supposedly valued at £5m, does that make it £6m for for those two?

If we'd spent money on O'Shea and Brown I would be gutted. Chances are it's decent money, 3-4 year deals and big wages. 31 and 30 years old respectably and I don't rate either.

Seen reports that the deal for O'Shea, Brown and Gibson was £11m transfer fee.

If Gibson is supposedly valued at £5m, does that make it £6m for for those two?

...yes. :lol:

All three run the risk of being the same as Butt and Smith ie. away from Manure absolute dogshit. Here's hoping....

Since Brown and Gibson were rubbish at Man Utd anyway, i think there is every chance of that.

Suprised Fergie is letting O'Shea going covers defence and CM well.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Vaughan is a canny signing for them for nowt.

He was just as important to Blackpool as Adam was, really.

Vaughan is a canny signing for them for nowt.

He was just as important to Blackpool as Adam was, really.

Yep. Be interesting to see how he does if they don't play a 3 man midfield, because that was the making of him there.

He's a much better allround footballer than somebody like Gardner, IMO.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Aye, can't deny it being a decent signing for Sunderland. Much better than the combined £11m for O'Shea, Brown and Gibson. Hell, that wouldn't look so bad if Brown and O'Shea weren't included.

Guest neesy111

Again these signings just stink of solid mid-table signings and nothing else.  Nothing exciting about the players at all.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Are they still signing Gibson? Thought that one was dead.

Oh, no idea, well out of the loop on things, just followed the flow of this topic and assumed so.  :lol:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Ex Man U players who move onto lesser clubs tend to do s*** so nothing to worry about here.

Phil Neville's been pretty handy at Everton.

Aye, my appreciation for Phil Neville improved greatly once he left Man U. He's done really well at Everton.

Ex Man U players who move onto lesser clubs tend to do s*** so nothing to worry about here.

This is the thing I don't understand. This is the second or 3rd time Phil Neville has been mentioned as the 'success story' for aging Man U players being moved on. I mean, he's been decent and is a good captain for them but he's hardly been a completely outstanding player on the pitch. If this is the very best example it says it all about signing that kind of player.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

This is the thing I don't understand. This is the second or 3rd time Phil Neville has been mentioned as the 'success story' for aging Man U players being moved on. I mean, he's been decent and is a good captain for them but he's hardly been a completely outstanding player on the pitch. If this is the very best example it says it all about signing that kind of player.

You don't think Phil Neville (performance wise) has done better for Everton than he did for Man U?

Perhaps, its his extended runs for Everton that sway me to think he's better for them (opposed to his stop start career at Man U).

They seem to have a pretty strong squad now.

Westwood vs Gordon (expected to leave)

Wickham vs Bent

O'Shea vs Onuoha

Wes Brown vs Mensah

Larsson vs Welbeck

Gardner vs Henderson

Vaughan vs Zenden

Doesn't look particularly stronger tbh.