Sunderland...

Heron

Guest neesy111

SkySportsNews Sky Sports News

Wes Brown joins Sunderland from Manchester United on a one-year deal. John O'Shea's move also close. More on SSN

1 minute ago

4 years according to Simon Bird. :lol:

Guest Antec

Keep an eye out for the inevitable 'Mags at work are shitting themselves over our new signings' any day now

The only thing I can think of is Brown's cut his wages knowing he's going to get a longer deal. If he's on the same as what he's on at Man U then the mackems have been completely had. Have they not seen his injury record recently?

Could be a solid signing for them for a year or 2. 4 years is too long but I cant see him being there for that time, probably half of it before being sold on to a lower league club or a promoted side. Thats if the mackems are still in the Premier League of course! O'Shea is a solid signing though, if they got him for a reasonable price.

Could be a solid signing for them for a year or 2. 4 years is too long but I cant see him being there for that time, probably half of it before being sold on to a lower league club or a promoted side. Thats if the mackems are still in the Premier League of course! O'Shea is a solid signing though, if they got him for a reasonable price.

any club they try and offload him too would have to pay his wages like, they could easily have to pay him for the full term

Guest johnson293

any club they try and offload him too would have to pay his wages like, they could easily have to pay him for the full term

Aye, another Alan Smith situation, basically.

indeed, i dont imagine he's gone for the ambitious project at this point in his career.

Except Smith was 26 when he signed , Brown is 31

Guest neesy111

Four year contract to Wes Brown is pretty damning evidence as to Bruce's mindset and capabilities as a manager imo.

Agreed.

Guest neesy111

Good clubs don't get rid of good players (only if they receive totally daft money) is my thoughts especially after our experience of signing cast off's from the top 4.

Mackem and a Man Utd having a go at me on twitter saying they've made some excellent signings.

Guest Haris Vuckic

4 years!

Ahahahaha! He'll be on a fortune too and he's a crock!

Excellent.