Sunderland...

Heron

It'll surely be

Gardner and Cattermole in the middle. Maybe Sessegnon on the right and Richardson on the left?

Mignolet in goal and Gyan up top with Wickham?

They'll set up as:

Mignolet

Bardsley        Brown        Bramble          O'Shea

Sessegnon    Gardner    Cattermole      Richardson

Gyan          Wickham

That about right, I'm guessing a bit. Hardly a frightening XI is it? Bench would be Westwood, Turner, Ferdinand, El Mohammedy, Korean lad,  Malbranque & Larsson

I must have missed someone.   

It's a stronger squad but a weaker first 11. Losing Bent and Wellbeck means they lose most of their goals from last season. Onouha has not been replaced probably as Brown is a cripple as well.

What the hell has happened to Frazier Campbell?Surely an ambitious, successful, and well-regarded club like Sunderland will not start an unproven teenage striker every week?

Completely knacked isn't he?

Their forum is full "What if X,Y,Z joins us tommorrow... currently thinking, Zog, Defoe and O'shea has been seen in the area  :lol:

then you have this: "If Messi, Phil Babb and Freddy Adu sign in the next few days" ...

Guest Wearside

It'll surely be

Gardner and Cattermole in the middle. Maybe Sessegnon on the right and Richardson on the left?

Mignolet in goal and Gyan up top with Wickham?

They'll set up as:

Mignolet

Bardsley        Brown        Bramble          O'Shea

Sessegnon    Gardner    Cattermole      Richardson

Gyan          Wickham

That about right, I'm guessing a bit? Hardly a frightening XI is it? Bench would be Westwood, Turner, Ferdinand, El Mohammedy, Korean lad,  Malbranque & Larsson

I must have missed someone.   

Sessegnon won't be playing on the wing,that's almost certain.

.............................................................................Westwood...............................................................

O'Shea.....................................................Brown............................Bramble.................................Richardson/Bardsley/New LB

Larsson...................................................Gardner................Cattermole/Meyler.................................New left winger

...............................................................................Sessegnon.........................................................

.................................................................................Gyan/Wickham..........................................

The thought of Cattermole - Gardner being your club's starting central midfield is a pretty sickening though like  :lol:

If they did sign one of Zog or Defoe I'd happily admit they are both very good signings...but their current haul would honestly have me depressed if it was us.

If I was Sunderland, I would definitely play 4-3-3. Their personnel is suited for it.

Cattermole

Larsson    Gardner

Sessegnon and another behind Gyan.

Still a lot of goals in that team.

Where from?

Guest Wearside

Surely you'd play Bardsley? He was pretty much your most consistent player last season.

Bardsley needs to play on the right or not at all.He done well but is limited in what he can do due to him having to keep checking back onto his right foot,a new left back should have been a priority.

Surely you'd play Bardsley? He was pretty much your most consistent player last season.

Bardsley needs to play on the right or not at all.He done well but is limited in what he can do due to him having to keep checking back onto his right foot,a new left back should have been a priority.

Thought O'Shea was left-footed? ???

Guest Wearside

All the Man Utd fans on Redcafe say not,a very good right full back according to them.

All the Man Utd fans on Redcafe say not,a very good right full back according to them.

Yep, my mistake. :thup:

O'Shea's a decent signing IMO, he'll do alright for them but it's interesting to see how he fares with vastly inferior players around him than what he's used to.

O'Shea's a decent signing IMO, he'll do alright for them but it's interesting to see how he fares with vastly inferior players around him than what he's used to.

I think he's their best signing too.

Yeah I definitely got a lot of guff from Man U fans about Smith being a good signing and wishing he hadn't gone.

Would prefer Bardsley at right back, he looks a very decent right back imo.

Yeah I definitely got a lot of guff from Man U fans about Smith being a good signing and wishing he hadn't gone.

Would prefer Bardsley at right back, he looks a very decent right back imo.

Honestly thought that Bardsley had nailed down the RB spot and O'Shea had been brought in specifically to play LB.

They just have a team completely devoid of any creativity. I'd only count Sessegnon as a 'flair player' but he's unproven having only had a few good games towards the end of the season. Gyan's alright as well but he's not exactly prolific is he? Reminds me a lot of Martins and has had an almost identical first season in the league. 

They'll be solid and will be hard to break down, but they're going to be one of the least exciting teams to watch next season. Can see them being the league's draw kings next year.