Sunderland...

Heron

That transfer table 2006-11 that someone posted to have a shot at our spending tickled me. There's something like a £110m difference in net spend, we've had a relegation...and they've suffered a 5-1 drubbing and only pipped us in the last 2 minutes of the season after we went on holiday half an hour early and West Ham went a fortnight earlier. :lol:

Guest WashyGeordie

I get the feeling they are thick as pig s*** (well that parts obvious) and if these mag mates do exist they text these things for a laugh.

I just can't believe how deluded they are, don't get me wrong I would have liked Wickham as I think he is definitely someone who will go on to be a very good player and I would have taken Larsson and Gardner for the squad (I know nothing of the Japanese lad) BUT they are going on like they have signed Wilshere, Valencia and Sturridge.

Seriously, I just don't understand it :lol:

It's like their a wind-up toy man, or atleast living on a different planet. It was the same last year they were bragging about Bent, (whoever they signed) & co, saying how they'll be too good for us, we're just a newly promoted team, they'll win more than 1-2, best team in years... Annnnnnnd... then what happens? Happy halloween, boom, thank you and goodnight.

Another thing, hasn't the signings they've done so far just plugged the gaps from the loan signings the previous season? Hence, the same position squad wise.

Another thing, hasn't the signings they've done so far just plugged the gaps from the loan signings the previous season? Hence, the same position squad wise.

There's still a big gaping hole up front left from Bent and his goals that Wickham won't be filling for the time being at least. Midfield's probably improved though. Defence I don't really know other than they've lost that Man City lad at RB and are yet to replace him, I think Bardsley's the only fullback they currently have.

So basically they've not even done that yet.

I just can't believe how deluded they are, don't get me wrong I would have liked Wickham as I think he is definitely someone who will go on to be a very good player and I would have taken Larsson and Gardner for the squad (I know nothing of the Japanese lad) BUT they are going on like they have signed Wilshere, Valencia and Sturridge.

Seriously, I just don't understand it :lol:

This is why, apparently

Gardner is a young English midfielder who scored 10 goals in a relegated side.

He is relatively young and I get the impression from hearing him speak that he has a great desire to succeed.

You had a midfielder capable of scoring from midfield but let him go. I assume because of his age.

You should have looked at Gardner for £6m as his replacement. Yes you have signed a frenchman but it's a gamble and you know it is.

Connor Whickham for £8m ?

A no brainer. With abit of luck he could turn out to be the buy of the decade.

Lives for football and will only get better. Maybe England's number 9 for years to come.

You know it anyway and are green as the OP says.

Larsson a great deliver of the ball who gets it into the box quickly, a Swedish International and he cost nowt. Arsenal were in for him, give your dirty green head a shake.

Westwood, widely accepted as the best keeper outside the Premier. Eire's number one for years to come and he cost us nowt. Haway, it's great business.

Ji, yes a gamble, but for peanuts, a gamble worth taking. If he can emulate the other South Koreans in our league it will be a great bit of business, but hey you already know this.

On the flip side Cyril, I would have liked Demba Ba here. He is a gamble as you know. Fit he will do a job, keep your fingers crossed.

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=605185&page=57#ixzz1RGB8oFCw

Cabaye £4.5m, massive gamble and we f***ing know it man! Why didn't we get Gardner instead for only £1.5m more?

Wickham £8m? No f***ing brainer man!!!

Larsson, NOWT!!! Swedish international and Arsenal we're afer him, he was going to replace Nasri and everthing.

Westwood, best keeper outside the Prem man! Better than fucking Casillas! I'm just so green with envy right now.

I got this message from a mag mate today, they're getting riled:

Quote:

What a team Sunderland are putting together. lol You might even reverse the 5-1 this year!!!!!

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=605185&page=11#ixzz1RFu6ulap

Might be giggs, but f***ing honestly man, the ammount of s*** they make up on a daily basis just to 'get one over' on us is absurd. It's like arguing with an imaginary friend.

I honestly dont see how this s*** is supposed to be believable... :lol:

They've clearly learned nothing from last season's  'we have a far superior team' bollocks

they will whip themslevesd up in a frenzy of shit before the derdies again, man fucking hell thier 9-1 win is in danger of being beaten out of sight.

then they will fuck off long before the end and cry all the way back to thier stinky little house in pennywell. And start the whole process again the next day.

Guest WashyGeordie

Ba hasn't even got a bad injury record has he? (apart from failing a medical at Stoke, but hey, so did Shola)

It's a myth.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Ba hasn't even got a bad injury record has he? (apart from failing a medical at Stoke, but hey, so did Shola)

It's a myth.

He's averaged 28 games a season in his professional career. So basically he had one bad season and that obviously drags the average down.

Just realised I'm a massive racist, the far east can obviously only be Japan :lol:

Yeah none of their signings would get into our first team for me although I think Wickham would get a lot of games.

I still don't understand the green with envy bit. Reminds me of the school playground "you're WELL jealous! " "jealous of what?" "Lol you're soo jealous" "erm, yeah have fun".

Guest ykmkmdd

All in all there first 11 is worse off this season than it was the start of last. They probably know this aswell.

Exactly right, The mackem front 6 we humped 5-1 at SJP:

Henderson – Malbranque – Cattermole – Welbeck

Bent – Gyan

Looks a lot better to me than this current lot:

Larsson – Gardner – Cattermole – Sessegnon

Wickham – Gyan

And they've lost Onuoha and Mensah from the back 4 as well...

Guest Haris Vuckic

So far - our signings have been better than theirs - the only plus for them is that if Wickham does come good they can sell him for profit like they did Henderson and Bent. That's the only way that deal can work out for them.

Gardener and Larrson? They would bad laughing if we signed them. I believe the mid fielders we've got are of a much better quality and they've been scouted properly rather than hastily bought from a team that were relegated.

It looks like Gyan might be off and though like to have a go at us for Enrique possibly leaving they need to look a bit closer to home because they are weaker than this time last year and they are still playing catch up - to advance on last years team will take a lot of transfer movement and serious investment.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/932366/steve-bruce:-we%27re-inches-away-from-brown/o%27shea-deals?cc=5739

Bruce told ESPNsoccernet: "Yes, it looks good, we are very close, Wes is travelling up for talks and we hope to also speak with O'Shea. I would say we are inches away."

However, Bruce is not optimistic about landing the third player from his old club, as Gibson is not so sure about moving on from Old Trafford.

[...]although the manager is keeping tabs on Birmingham striker DJ Campbell.

Hopefully they'll get them all.

Wes Brown is the one I want them to sign the most out of that lot. Can't see him being anything other than an expensive disaster.

Their own Alan Smith. :aww:

More like Mikael Silvestre...only on bigger wages...and even less motivation.