Sunderland...

Heron

A total lack of flair/creativity/drive in their midfield in terms of going forward. Henderson could do worse than thinking whether he really wants to stay there for much longer - I can see him being a very good player but can't help think he will stagnate if he stays there for a while.

If Stoke take the lead next weekend, their players will get absolutely slaughtered.

If Stoke's performance against us is anything to go by, Sunderland will do well to get in front let alone win.

Like I've said in the past, sunderland's midfield is dreadful and as soon teams learn to play against bent, they stop sunderland.

how can you "learn to play against  bent"? he's hardly unpredictable, just a poacher. :kinnear:

Yep. The only thing predictable about his involvement is his supply will just be one of the back 4 thumping it up long to him. As long as you don't play ridiculously high, you'll cut him out of the game for most parts.

honestly don't know how that bellend can say they're a better team than us the day after we thumped them 5-1.  He completely lost the plot.  Wouldn't surprise me if the producer has a word in his ear, especially after turning up 40 minutes late.

the smbrs still actually believe this also. hopefully they will be full of it again come jan- could be another howl.

A lot of mackems have put the defeat down to an inexperienced midfield, must say there is some truth in that imo, Cattermole as captain says it all really while Henderson is nowhere near ready for a game like that.

Think they are badly missing Cana, who was a tidy player for them and sold on the cheap, they are hoping Zoggy will solve their problems but since Wigan rejected £10m for Birmingham for him, have they really got £12m+ to spend on another former mag only for him to be hot and cold and sulking when he doesn't get his own way? Spunked £13m on Gyan and can't play him because Brucie has a verbal agreement with Ferguson to play Wellbeck whenever he can (SMB source for that)

If they stay 4-5-1 they will struggle for goals and when the luck runs out staring a nice run of defeats while if they change to 4-4-2 they'll get more goals but will open up and their usual solid defence will have a tougher time keeping clean sheets, either way Bruce has painted himself in to a corner, unlike hughton who's added versatility playing both formations and showed we can get results playing either.

I think the fallout of the 5-1 is going to be quite something, we've all been waiting for the crowd to turn on magpie Bruce and a 5-1 defeat off us is the catalyst, pressure will build and Bruce will crumble as he doesn't have enough tactical awareness to significantly turn it around, then only way he'll do it is buying himself out of a hole like he has done in the past as really that's his main strength, in reality a glorified scout.

From what I saw, Cana wasn't actually that good for them. Some good games but didn't impress as much as I thought he would. Still, getting him for £5m initially struck me as good business.

Cattermole is hardly inexperienced, he's played 130 games which is a fair few more than Tiote. They lacked steel not experience. Malbranque, Cattermole and Henderson are all weak as piss and shorts arses to boot. When you have the ability of the short Spaniards you can get away with it but alas they don't.

Wellbeck looked like he was completely uninterested yesterday. There's little chance of him making it at Man Utd.

He's shite enough played upfront in his rightful position. Fuck knows what fat head is thinking hoying him on the left wing.

It wasn't age or experience that counted yesterday it was that our players were pumped up for it and full of heart. Sunderlands players were simply bullied out of the game. I never thought I'd see a worse performance in a derby than Peter Reids 2002 side where Bellamy scored after a minute. Yesterday eclipsed it.