Sunderland...

Heron

Guest johnson293

Most of the mugs on the legends seem to think they've got one over us somehow with the Chelsea result. They could hammer every other team in the league this season, but at the end of the day, the derby defeat must stick in their throats.

There was a similar caller on total sport tonight, who said yesterdays result for them at chelsea 'finally puts to bed the result from a fortnight ago':idiot2:

Also, Ando chipped in with the fact we went down there and scored 4 - Marco said, but you let in 3, and then Ando finished with yes, well, our 'reserves' did.  :clap:

Guest Heneage

In all honesty their result yesterday has done for them what our result against them did for us. It was a day in which everything went right for them and their tactics exploited the weakness of their opponent on that day. If Terry, Alex, had been available I don't think they'd have had quite an easy game, I'd also argue they'd not have gone 4-4-2 at Stamford Bridge if they hadn't been humiliated at our place.

It was still a good result for them, but I think it papers over the cracks, just like the 5-1 did for us.

In all honesty their result yesterday has done for them what our result against them did for us. It was a day in which everything went right for them and their tactics exploited the weakness of their opponent on that day. If Terry, Alex, had been available I don't think they'd have had quite an easy game, I'd also argue they'd not have gone 4-4-2 at Stamford Bridge if they hadn't been humiliated at our place.

It was still a good result for them, but I think it papers over the cracks, just like the 5-1 did for us.

And the away win at Everton, and Arsenal, and hammering Villa, beating Chelsea in the cup, outplaying Man City... quite a lot of paper we've got over those cracks.

I think the result said more about Chelsea than it did about Sunderland. It was a makeshift team, but as when we played them in the League Cup, the reserve players didn't look too bothered. These star players aren't going to be too happy at being out of the first team, and don't look too inclined to bust a gut when called upon.

And the away win at Everton, and Arsenal, and hammering Villa, beating Chelsea in the cup, outplaying Man City... quite a lot of paper we've got over those cracks.

Pedantic perhaps, but I disagree about you "outplaying" Man City. 2 big decisions went wrongly against you so if we're using those incidents then yes, you should have absolutely got something from the game. However I can't remember you outplaying them. Feel free to correct this.

I think the result said more about Chelsea than it did about Sunderland. It was a makeshift team, but as when we played them in the League Cup, the reserve players didn't look too bothered. These star players aren't going to be too happy at being out of the first team, and don't look too inclined to bust a gut when called upon.

It was a makeshift team in defence perhaps, but the team generally was still comfortably good enough to see off a team of Sunderland's quality. It was the fact their players went into that match with that lousy attitude, that made it easy for Sunderland. Credit to them as they played some good stuff and took full advantage of Chelsea's shortcomings but it's hard to overstate how bad Chelsea were. Possibly the worst I've seen them in the Roman era.

Pedantic perhaps, but I disagree about you "outplaying" Man City. 2 big decisions went wrongly against you so if we're using those incidents then yes, you should have absolutely got something from the game. However I can't remember you outplaying them. Feel free to correct this.

It was three big decisions :)  I'd say we were the better team, but they did have their chances.

Guest Heneage

My apologies, when I say cracks I don't mean that we are set to fall apart but, up until that point we were very wishy washy.

For a week people forgot that Carroll is our only real striker, that we are painfully weak in terms of depth and that we struggle to break down defensive sides.

Most of the mugs on the legends seem to think they've got one over us somehow with the Chelsea result. They could hammer every other team in the league this season, but at the end of the day, the derby defeat must stick in their throats.

When I saw the Chelsea line up I backed the macums to win.

Shame so few of their fans were there to support them - but I assume most of them stayed until the end this time.

I wore my Newcastls shirt to the gym yesterday and just as i was leaving some randomer said "You're brave for wearing that after our result yesterday". I was confuzed by this why should i be embarrassed that they beat CHELSEA 3-0. Also my Sunderland supporting mates wouldn't stop talking about how they were ahead of us in the table i then had to remind them that it was early in the season and anything could happen and they proved this last season when they went 3 months without a win.

Guest elbee909

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=541034

That's sums up mags for me. More concerned about sunderland than the cricket. George is going for all the games and their is always more Sunderland fans there anyway.  :lol:

I will admit i am more concerned about Sunderland than cricket mainly though because cricket is shit.

Bloody hell, that article in the Gazette is about my uncle. :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=541034

That's sums up mags for me. More concerned about sunderland than the cricket. George is going for all the games and their is always more Sunderland fans there anyway.  :lol:

I will admit i am more concerned about Sunderland than cricket mainly though because cricket is s***.

The one who cropped the line about season tickets sums up their utter cuntery for me. Scoffing at 'lifelong fan and season ticket holder since 1992' sounds great when you dont keep 'when he returned to his native South Tyneside after working for years in the pub trade in London' in the same sentence.....

:facepalm:

Must be quite annoying when your young midfielder gets called up but all they can talk about is the Geordie Newcastle forward :lol:

He's been invisible but it's not his fault, France have dominated and old heads of Gerrard and especially Barry are doing fuk all about it.

Wrong game to start him in, possibly a sub, but starting for the U21's would be his level right now.

My apologies, when I say cracks I don't mean that we are set to fall apart but, up until that point we were very wishy washy.

For a week people forgot that Carroll is our only real striker, that we are painfully weak in terms of depth and that we struggle to break down defensive sides.

Aye, I agree with all those points actually, but we've also proved that we're more than capable of getting results when we're on our game.