Sunderland...

Heron

Guest Haris Vuckic

They still have there 3 months without a win to come - as per Bruce's normal league form.

So we'll see how they cope after that.

change of subject like..

Wearside- can you tell me how many times Sunderland have been relegated in the last 20 years?

genuine question.

Too many to mention but I'd like too think we are an established club now under the guidance of Quinn and Short.

it must be 5 or 6 or maybe more. I just can not fathom how posters on smb can call Newcastle after 1 relegation in 20 years a yoyo club when Safc have had 5 or 6 times as many relegations- im not sure any other club has been in and out the prem more?

change of subject like..

Wearside- can you tell me how many times Sunderland have been relegated in the last 20 years?

genuine question.

Too many to mention but I'd like too think we are an established club now under the guidance of Quinn and Short.

it must be 5 or 6 or maybe more. I just can not fathom how posters on smb can call Newcastle after 1 relegation in 20 years a yoyo club when Safc have had 5 or 6 times as many relegations- im not sure any other club has been in and out the prem more?

Boro, maybe.

Guest Wearside

Sunderland are excellent at nullifying teams at home. The good thing about the way we score goals, is that it can't really be nullified easily. But I expect them to dominate in midfield and us to perhaps snatch a draw.

I may be wrong but on the times I've Newcastle on TV this season it seems most of the goals come through the input of Barton so I would say if we stop Barton then we will have a decent chance.

I'm not saying we are going to win but we are very good at home and most teams find it difficult against us,lets just hope we don't get stagefright this time. :(

Sunderland are excellent at nullifying teams at home. The good thing about the way we score goals, is that it can't really be nullified easily. But I expect them to dominate in midfield and us to perhaps snatch a draw.

Indeed. When I've watched them, they have rarely taken control of a game and really opened teams up. They've mainly been nicking goals here and there and winning by the odd goal/not getting beat. They try the same tactic away albeit not as successfully due to a lack of home advantage. Either way, Bruce has developed a sense of togetherness and work-rate there (Bent rarely lets defenders have an easy day, even if he doesn't score), and at the moment, without blowing teams away, they don't look like being beaten at home.

Guest Wearside

To stop Barton you'll have to concede no corners or free-kicks and keep him completely off the ball.

or get him sent off or injured...

He might not be a Newcastle player by then. :)

To stop Barton you'll have to concede no corners or free-kicks and keep him completely off the ball.

i would contend that the corners or free kicks has more to do with carroll than barton.

both, the delivery is as important as ac9's flick ons

i would contend that the corners or free kicks has more to do with carroll than barton.

both, the delivery is as important as ac9's flick ons

the delivery is for the most part not brilliant. not exactly whipped in a la robert or ginola, just lumped up away from the keeper, crosses that would be derided if we didn't have carroll....does anyone feel confident when we have a shooting opportunity from a free kick ?

Guest Haris Vuckic

or get him sent off or injured...

He might not be a Newcastle player by then. :)

If we make up stories about Sunderland players do they suddenly become true?

Spastic.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Ronaldo - I would value the opinion of a dying goat over yours - on any matter - never mind football, any day of the week.