Sunderland...

Heron

Guest neesy111

Mackem I have on Facebook is stressing about Gordon having a transfer request rejected. Anything in it? :lol:

Wild rumour tbh.

Some cracking delusion on RTG. Pulling shit out of the air like 'Bent gone because Quinn and co wouldn't be bullied into giving him higher wages,'

Bollocks, he wanted to play elsewhere. Plain and simple.

their inferiority complex is ridiculous and hilarious :lol: :lol:

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=560675

In amongst the wreckage, a sensible post!?

They are a club with great tradition. Villa Park is, for me, one of the best grounds in the UK.

They have won the European Cup ffs, don't go putting them down. The only thing we got bigger than them is our attendances and there's not much in it.

Yeah we are above them and we've taken 6 points but the season isn't over yet.

It's hard for me to say that Villa are bigger than us as I am from up here and biased as but I'm sure to punters in other parts of the UK, they certainly are.

not that it means anything but i see Villa as similar to us in size - stature etc, Everton, spurs also....even chelski.

behind  the likes of liverpool, man utd, arsenal,

but above the sunderlands of this world.

im not saying theres any proof or science to this ---its just the way i see it- watching football since 1971.

I think the thread on there actually quite accurately reflects the thoughts of the whole debate. Sunderland are doing better than Villa at this moment in time but I think there's a general acceptance Villa are bigger. There's always going to be bias because any supporter sees things through rose-tinted glasses but that's the state of affairs as far as those 2 clubs go.

It's a lot about nothing really - 'status' may be interesting to subjectively measure but there's really no objective way of firmly concluding it, and it can be a very tiresome debate. Fwiw, I pretty much agree with your 'standings' there CP. I'd probably put Chelsea a tad above due to their recent success.

I'd dare say Foolzy's assessment on Page 6 of that RTG thread sums things up for Sunderland and Villa.