Sunderland...

Heron

Ricardo Fuller?  Seriously?  :lol:

Stoke will owe them money off Kenwyne. Sunderland must be skint.

Good point actually. Like offering a favour to pay off a beer tab.

They reckon he'll score more goals for them because he's 'good with his feet' and will suit their 'superior football'. Words fail.

Fuller's not that bad. Reasonable striker for someone of Stoke/Wigan/Sunderland's level tbh.

Wouldn't touch him with a shitty stick in terms of NUFC, naturally.

Wind-up, right? :lol:

How? If Newcastle spent £3 million on 31 year-old Ricardo Fuller I'd be apoplectic.

Fuller's not that bad. Reasonable striker for someone of Stoke/Wigan/Sunderland's level tbh.

How? If Newcastle spent £3 million on 31 year-old Ricardo Fuller I'd be apoplectic.

I should have made clear: it was the implied logic behind it which confused me. For one, I'm confused as to how Wigan are equated to Sunderland's level when there is quite a gap between them,  hell, Stoke are on a different level to Wigan who IMO are strong relegation candidates and will go down; and also I didn't agree with the implicit reasoning of him being good enough for Sunderland but not for Newcastle. That may however be more case-specific in which case fair enough.

Fuller is one of those players who, when he doesn't play for you, is quite easy to admire in certain ways (I think he's underrated), but at the same time, you'd shit the bed if you thought you'd wake up in the morning to find out you'd signed him.

Fuller is one of those players who, when he doesn't play for you, is quite easy to admire in certain ways (I think he's underrated), but at the same time, you'd shit the bed if you thought you'd wake up in the morning to find out you'd signed him.

I'd stop short of shitting the bed, but my socks would well and truly be remaining on my feet, that's for sure.

I should have made clear: it was the implied logic behind it which confused me. For one, I'm confused as to how Wigan are equated to Sunderland's level when there is quite a gap between them,  hell, Stoke are on a different level to Wigan who IMO are strong relegation candidates and will go down; and also I didn't agree with the implicit reasoning of him being good enough for Sunderland but not for Newcastle. That may however be more case-specific in which case fair enough.

There was a little WUM material in that particular bit I admit. :laugh:

What I meant is that to me he's no worse than many other average as fuck strikers plying their trade in the Premier League. Outside the top five or six (and the odd exception) there's not a lot between the rest in terms of the rest of the league IMO.

Fuller isn't the answer, they need a targetman to suit their style of football, long ball, while Fuller understands that at Stoke and uses his strength to be effective in that it's really not his game. £3m is hefty for him at what, 31? Ouch.

K Jones is probably best suited, not going to happen like but currently available boothroyd would be a great signing for them but Bruce is obsessed with fast strikers and I reckon he'll go that route again if given the chance.

seriously, bruces master plan is to replace 24 goals last season darren bent with fuller which the most he ever got was 17 one season for preston north end in the championship ???

so bruces entire plan is gyan suddenly turning into a 1 in 2 goal scorer while hes adapting to a new league and through his career the best he's done is roughly 1 in 3. And its not like their midfield is full of goals either so where exactly are the goals going to come from?

meanwhile the mirror is saying bruce has gone sniffing for that exemplifier of loyalty mr insomnia but whelans saw him coming and saw how much sunderland just got paid by villa and put up the price from 9 to 12m.

I'd stop short of shitting the bed, but my socks would well and truly be remaining on my feet, that's for sure.

i'd wake up with an extra pair of socks on