Sunderland...

Heron

someone reckons it was around 10-15k that left the ground when we went 4-0 down. :lol:

:lol:

Surely, if that was true the television cameras would've caught more than just two blokes storming out and a younger lad pacing up and down like he's about to smack someone.

It was more like two or three, which was surprisingly really.

Looked like a couple of hundred at least when panning back to the crowd on MotD, but when the final whistle went those seats were packed again. Reckon anyone who left HT early most likely took a time out, had a piss and a couple of pints and then headed back in for the 2nd half, bar a couple of daft buggers.

Tbh though, Sunderland really shouldn't be throwing stones. Can't imagine they've had as many as we did at the final whistle at any point for any game in the last 30 years.

I just reading through that thread started by the young sports journo and it's bloody brilliant entertainment. It's hilarious that the ones who are talking about how they would never attend an NUFC match for any reason are also the ones that are cocksure X number of fans left and the ones that remained were booing the team constantly in complete contradiction from the supporters actually at the game :lol:

For the record I thought our fans were brilliant yesterday. No venom directed at the side even when we were four zip down, I loved the ironic oles when we managed to keep hold of the ball for a few passes as well as singing "we're going to win 5-4". Gallows humour at its very best. After being so annoyed by some of our fans reactions to the sale of Carroll earlier this week it reminded me why we're are the best supporters in the land.

I just reading through that thread started by the young sports journo and it's bloody brilliant entertainment. It's hilarious that the ones who are talking about how they would never attend an NUFC match for any reason are also the ones that are cocksure X number of fans left and the ones that remained were booing the team constantly in complete contradiction from the supporters actually at the game :lol:

For the record I thought our fans were brilliant yesterday. No venom directed at the side even when we were four zip down, I loved the ironic oles when we managed to keep hold of the ball for a few passes as well as singing "we're going to win 5-4". Gallows humour at its very best. After being so annoyed by some of our fans reactions to the sale of Carroll earlier this week it reminded me why we're are the best supporters in the land.

The fans yesterday were fantastic but to say we are the best in the land is debatable.

The fans yesterday were fantastic but to say we are the best in the land is debatable.

It was a turn of phrase to emphasise how good we were. I hadn't actually weighed up the merits of each and every set of supporters :lol:

Name me how many teams vast vast majority of supporters would stay watching their team with all the s***e going on this week then to be 4-0 down in 25 mintues?

And not only to stay but to still sing, chant and actually humour ourselves?

Not many. And for fans to actually get riled up over a sending off in the 50th minute with no hope left in the game anyway. And have a cheer as loud as we did to pull the score back to 4-1? Daring to think that we could pull it back?

I can tell you not many anywhere in the world. Christ even the Est Stand were up on their feet ffs.

I`m not much for going on to RTG to read but just read through the New-Ars game thread, jesus  :lol:

Made my weekend that

Do they still have threads on all of our games? :lol:

1 no

about 5 for each game tbh

Originally Posted by Turnip from the Tip 

I was also at the toon game today on a corprorate jolly and would like to put forward the following findings (although I have to say I'm very very drunk )

Firstly - The food was fucking amazing and better than the stuff you get at SAFC. But that's unimportant

NUFC Fans - never fucking left the team. Even at 0-4 they were vocal as owt and full of encouragement. My mate and I were laughing in the first half - desperation- you are beat etc, but the fans they never turned to be fair

2nd half the red card happens and you still think 4 goals, mags might get a couple back but nowt to fear, but fair credit again the fans were fucking 'we're having this like'

So they get it back to 2-4 and Arsenal just go. Big style they lose it like we lost it at Stoke and everyone in teh ground knows it. madness but fair fucks to them.

But my point is this:

Would it haveh happened at out place? NO. Would our fans have stuck by the team? NO. Come back? No.

What I learned today is that there is a big big difference between the two clubs. I think it's ingraine, maybe not a conciious thing, but we are fundamnetally different. Like it or not, but the Toon fans helped turn it around today and our lot would have a - fucked off and b -blamed it on Henderson

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=568117&page=24#ixzz1DDbGMI84

canny mackem rant in our favour.

I was also at the toon game today on a corprorate jolly and would like to put forward the following findings (although I have to say I'm very very drunk )

Firstly - The food was f***ing amazing and better than the stuff you get at SAFC. But that's unimportant

NUFC Fans - never f***ing left the team. Even at 0-4 they were vocal as owt and full of encouragement. My mate and I were laughing in the first half - desperation- you are beat etc, but the fans they never turned to be fair

2nd half the red card happens and you still think 4 goals, mags might get a couple back but nowt to fear, but fair credit again the fans were f***ing 'we're having this like'

So they get it back to 2-4 and Arsenal just go. Big style they lose it like we lost it at Stoke and everyone in teh ground knows it. madness but fair f***s to them.

But my point is this:

Would it haveh happened at out place? NO. Would our fans have stuck by the team? NO. Come back? No.

What I learned today is that there is a big big difference between the two clubs. I think it's ingraine, maybe not a conciious thing, but we are fundamnetally different. Like it or not, but the Toon fans helped turn it around today and our lot would have a - f***ed off and b -blamed it on Henderson

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=568117&page=24#ixzz1DDbGMI84

A mackem said that? :kasper:

Firstly - The food was f***ing amazing and better than the stuff you get at SAFC. But that's unimportant

NUFC Fans - never f***ing left the team. Even at 0-4 they were vocal as owt and full of encouragement. My mate and I were laughing in the first half - desperation- you are beat etc, but the fans they never turned to be fair

2nd half the red card happens and you still think 4 goals, mags might get a couple back but nowt to fear, but fair credit again the fans were f***ing 'we're having this like'

So they get it back to 2-4 and Arsenal just go. Big style they lose it like we lost it at Stoke and everyone in teh ground knows it. madness but fair f***s to them.

But my point is this:

What I learned today is that there is a big big difference between the two clubs. I think it's ingraine, maybe not a conciious thing, but we are fundamnetally different. Like it or not, but the Toon fans helped turn it around today and our lot would have a - f***ed off and b -blamed it on Henderson

A mackem said that? :kasper:

obviously as they put it a "mag in disguise" or "mag lover"