Sunderland...

Heron

Darren Bent is the reason Sunderland have gone to shit. First half of the season they got along by and large through nicking goals here and there and having a solid defence. Now the goals have dried up and subsequently the defence has lost confidence (yes, there have been injuries), their season has unravelled.

It's strange. Last season Sunderland appeared to be one of the most one-man teams I've ever seen in the Premier League. Now this season they got Gyan and Welbeck in you thought, hey, maybe the goals will be shared about a bit now. Yet it is Bent's departure that has really accelerated the collapse.

Gordon out for four to six months.

We  have only had an "average" injury list this season according to Toons Taylor the other day.Our injury list this season is beyond ridiculous,an absolute joke to be honest.

You have had an "average" injury list though. How has your injury list been any worse than anyone else's? There are other clubs had as many if not more injured players out this season than Sunderland but you lot go on like you've been decimated by them.

When you even have to count someone like David Meyler as a squad player and subsequently be forced to play him, it's easy to think you've been crippled by injuries. Yes they've had injuries, some of them bad, but they've just exposed how poor Sunderland's squad as a whole is as opposed to being some huge dose of bad luck.

We  have only had an "average" injury list this season according to Toons Taylor the other day.Our injury list this season is beyond ridiculous,an absolute joke to be honest.

It's no worse than ours.

Your best players are Barton,Nolan,Enrique and Coloccini,how long have they been out with injuries this season?

I'd say you have been very fortunate injury wise this season.

:tiote:

We  have only had an "average" injury list this season according to Toons Taylor the other day.Our injury list this season is beyond ridiculous,an absolute joke to be honest.

It's no worse than ours.

Your best players are Barton,Nolan,Enrique and Coloccini,how long have they been out with injuries this season?

:tiote:

Carroll was out for months

We  have only had an "average" injury list this season according to Toons Taylor the other day.Our injury list this season is beyond ridiculous,an absolute joke to be honest.

It's no worse than ours.

You should at least try admitting it to yourself in private man. The injury situation is nothing but a convenient excuse for Bruce.

I've seen enough of your games to notice how the players brick it when the going gets tough. Injuries have been a contributing factor but the real problems are lack of quality, character and determination in the squad (and in the manager) / half the first team being composed of loan players who probably don't give a s*** where you'll play next season / relying majorly on one striker who is obviously unsuited to anything other than pointless tricky touches around the box etc..

But go on, tell us about the injuries. I just hope that Quinn has the same mindset, cause I know where you'll finish next season if there isn't a major overhaul this summer..

Sunderland are a City of excuse makers.

There was always a excuse why shearer scored more goals.

Theres always an excuse why our crowds are bigger.

Theres always a excuse when we beat them

Theres always an excuse for not going to games.

Theres always an excuse why thier town is poorer

theres always an excuse when we finish above them.

theres always an excuse

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I was surprised to learn today that Ashington has a 50/50 split of Newcastle/Sunderland fans, if not more leaning towards Sunderland.

I was surprised to learn today that Ashington has a 50/50 split of Newcastle/Sunderland fans, if not more leaning towards Sunderland.

Ashington? All the way up there? I'd find that surprising as well.

What was the source?

Sunderland are a City of excuse makers.

There was always a excuse why shearer scored more goals.

Theres always an excuse why our crowds are bigger.

Theres always a excuse when we beat them

Theres always an excuse for not going to games.

Theres always an excuse why thier town is poorer

theres always an excuse when we finish above them.

theres always an excuse

:lol: So true.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

FA Tutor, and someone who lived in Ashington.  :lol: He is a Sunderland supporter like, though would possibly explain why a few lads from Ashington have chosen Sunderland Academy over Newcastle Academy in recent years.

FA Tutor, and someone who lived in Ashington.  :lol: He is a Sunderland supporter like, though would possibly explain why a few lads from Ashington have chosen Sunderland Academy over Newcastle Academy in recent years.

So full of shit then.  :laugh: I'd pay no attention to him. Unless there is real proof I doubt it very much.

Guest toonlass

What was the source?

Tbh I would say it's a 60/40 split in our favour. It's to do with miners moving around more than anything else. Definitely more Newcastle fans that Sunderland though.

What was the source?

Tbh I would say it's a 60/40 split in our favour. It's to do with miners moving around more than anything else. Definitely more Newcastle fans that Sunderland though.

Plus they can relate to mackems by having a daft accent and living in a shithole.

What was the source?

Plus they can relate to mackmes by having a daft accent and living in a shithole.

LMAO nice 1, that made my day :D :D :D

Even though he seems a sound and fair fella in himself, does anyone get the urge to report Roker Mackem for posting of football fixtures? It's the mackems, I doubt they'll shell out for rights. Could be funny.

What was the source?

its true,  although Ashington has the most,  quite alot of them are spread around South East Northumberland,  mainly due to miners moving there for work years and years ago. 

What was the source?

its true,  although Ashington has the most,  quite alot of them are spread around South East Northumberland,  mainly due to miners moving there for work years and years ago. 

there are more than you'd think but nowhere near 50/50