Sunderland...

Heron

Turn the tables and say Ben Arfa went to Sunderland (I know, I know :lol:) and the same events transpired. With one wonder goal under his belt and, what, 3 and a half games, if Sunderland fans were raving about him as much as Newcastle fans do - for whatever reasons - are you telling me there wouldn't be some pisstaking? From the outside looking in you can easily question why Newcastle fans seem to think he'll be so amazing.

And I'm not saying I don't think he's shown moments of class already in this league, but it's still very, very early days with him.

the slight difference is that we are basing our idea of the player on what he has shown throughout his career as opposed to the last 3 games.

Yes, but again playing devil's advocate, given his rather bitter departures from his previous 2 clubs I can see why some outside NUFC wouldn't be fully convinced on him. How many are genuinely basing their opinion of him on what he did for Lyon and Marseille?

don't think anyone isn't aware that we need to keep him happy etc but most of the opinion of him is based purely on his on-filed stuff over a few years.

Turn the tables and say Ben Arfa went to Sunderland (I know, I know :lol:) and the same events transpired. With one wonder goal under his belt and, what, 3 and a half games, if Sunderland fans were raving about him as much as Newcastle fans do - for whatever reasons - are you telling me there wouldn't be some pisstaking? From the outside looking in you can easily question why Newcastle fans seem to think he'll be so amazing.

And I'm not saying I don't think he's shown moments of class already in this league, but it's still very, very early days with him.

the slight difference is that we are basing our idea of the player on what he has shown throughout his career as opposed to the last 3 games.

Yes, but again playing devil's advocate, given his rather bitter departures from his previous 2 clubs I can see why some outside NUFC wouldn't be fully convinced on him. How many are genuinely basing their opinion of him on what he did for Lyon and Marseille?

I think it's expectation more than anything else. From just three appearences the lad has shown more class than any other player has in a long, long time. As with a majority of other things, the outsider looking in is always going to struggle to appreciate this. We've been stuck with cloggers and has-beens for so long it's so refreshing to have someone with a bit of class and cutting edge.

I don't think anyone has him down as a nailed on success, I think it's just genuine exitement about his potential and what he could achieve for us.

There's an article in the Telegraph about Snoop Dogg wearing a QPR Top. Anyway, in a nutshell it sarcasticlly refers to Bolton and 5under1and as being glamorous  places. It made me smile knowing the whole Country thinks as them as vile pigs too.

The worry was that if they saw someone walking through the streets with a flaming torch in Sunderland the local peasants would get scared and throw their spears at it

Fyp, it is Sunderland we're on about after all

FYP, it's Sunderland after all

There's an article in the Telegraph about Snoop Dogg wearing a QPR Top. Anyway, in a nutshell it sarcasticlly refers to Bolton and 5under1and as being glamorous  places. It made me smile knowing the whole Country thinks as them as vile pigs too.

:lol:

Guest johnson293

The worry was that if they saw someone walking through the streets with a flaming torch in Sunderland they'd think they were off to lynch a darkie and join in.

Fyp, it is Sunderland we're on about after all

Just  :spit: at your edit!  :clap:

WTF, I know Jack from back at school and even though he is one of us he has always put his all when playing football for them at every level. It's disappointing to see people knocking him just because he's a Newcastle fan. He really does put 100% into every game.

f***ing hell :lol:

http://i53.tinypic.com/2aj45n8.png