Sunderland...

Heron

The fact he can string sentences together gets this guy too much respect. I know it's impressive for their kind but he's still a mackem at the end of the day.

As Gejon pointed out with the 'FYP' he can't even do that properly.

Guest johnson293

It just reeks of money to spend, nowhere to spend it.

They've got the dough to spend, but no one wants to play for Steve Bruce.

Judging by the amount of players rejecting Pardew it appears he has something in common with Bruce.

As has previously been mentioned, once again, your only comeback has to be some comparison to Newcastle.

And why do you continually resort to comparing your situation to a time in the history of NUFC in your posts?

"Yes Sunderland do this, but remember when NUFC did this?" I don't see your point with this tbh.

Lee Clark, there's a legend.

Excellent player for us and you will fail to find a single SAFC supporter who disagrees,no way back for him at the end though and always picked up a mysterious injury when Fulham were due to play at the SOL. :)

Sunderland are Shit.

Guest Heneage

I must admit I don't quite get the claims of 'Money to spend nowhere to spend it'. I've not seen Sunderland linked with anyone costly who has rejected them. In truth I've not seen them linked to anyone pricey at all.

There's a chance Bruce is attempting to fill the squad early before making more calculated moves towards quality players, I don't know. Of course he may have resigned himself to the belief that there is little value in the market and that the lower end of player he is currently after is the best he can get/attract to Sunderland right now.

I'd imagine in some ways a bit like ourselves it's a domino effect. You can't attract quality without having it at first.

I must admit I don't quite get the claims of 'Money to spend nowhere to spend it'. I've not seen Sunderland linked with anyone costly who has rejected them. In truth I've not seen them linked to anyone pricey at all.

There's a chance Bruce is attempting to fill the squad early before making more calculated moves towards quality players, I don't know. Of course he may have resigned himself to the belief that there is little value in the market and that the lower end of player he is currently after is the best he can get/attract to Sunderland right now.

I'd imagine in some ways a bit like ourselves it's a domino effect. You can't attract quality without having it at first.

We have quality and attracted quality.

Guest WashyGeordie

Still waiting to see just who the hell rejected us aside from Gameiro.  Anybody?

Probably O'Shea, Gibson, N'gog and Brown....................................... :shifty:

Let's not forget their inability to keep their star players - Bent looked pretty damn keen to get out of there, Henderson didn't hang around for his boyhood club (pre-emptive acknowledgement: Carroll did the same to us). I don't actually think they've a bad side, just a lame manager who gets by on the fact that he was coddled by Sir Alex who doesn't know how to get the most out what talent he has at his disposal. While Malbranque isn't the focal point of that team I'll never know. Mind, there's a few of their squad I'd have over here - the aforementioned Malbranque, Turner, Gyan... they also have to contend with the fact that nobody wants to live there.

Guest toonlass

I'd have Gordon, Bardsley, Sessegnon and Gyan here in a flash like.

Gordon is shite! Sessegnon is inconsistent.

Bardsley is the only Mackem I would see in our team.

Guest neesy111

I'd have Gordon, Bardsley, Sessegnon and Gyan here in a flash like.

Gordon is shite! Sessegnon is inconsistent.

Bardsley is the only Mackem I would see in our team.

This.  I'd rather we'd sign some quality players so we never have this discussion again.