Sunderland...

Heron

Most of the new players who will add pace werent fit to start.  Obertan certainly added some when he came on, as will Marveaux and Ben Arfa.  Cant wait to see the side when/if (:)) everyones fit.

My father sits near the dugout and knows some of the coaching staff. Apparently he will be signing imminently.

Tell your dad he has a class tattoo.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/08/13/article-2025607-0D6B1B0B00000578-968_634x380.jpg

:lol:

Most of the new players who will add pace werent fit to start.  Obertan certainly added some when he came on, as will Marveaux and Ben Arfa.  Cant wait to see the side when/if (:)) everyones fit.

Yeah Obertan was definitely looking up for it and the missing players will make a difference. I still think a quick forward playing off the front man would give us something extra though. I'm not sure if Bendtner isn't too similar to players we already have here.

Was surprised Bruce didn't go for him rather than Wickham. Did very well for Bruce at Birmingham in the Championship when he was on loan. Unless I have that wrong and it wasn't Bruce managing them at the time. Pretty sure it was though.

Arsenal won't ask for £14 million. They're usually pretty fair with prices, once they decide to move someone on.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I've been told - from a good source- that there's nothing in this.

and he'll sign next week - given the 9.

danish newpapers writes today that lee ryder have said that pardew want(s)(ed) bendtner and offered around 9 mill euro and that wenger or arsenal bloked the move coz they want at least 3-4 mill euor more...which we wont pay!

dont no if there is any truth in this?

Guest teepee

he is a very talented player, but has stalled lately due to lack of time on the pitch. rating him based on the scotland game is just stupid, he hadn't played a match in ages (i did see him eating pasta and having a glass of wine on sunday in copenhagen though..... don't think that played any part though...)

with regular matches i think he could be great, but i don't see him as target man, even if he is tall. his strenght is actually great vision and control (sometimes fails him... again, lack of playing time i suppose)

the only thing that worries me is his attitude - i am not certain he will ever knuckle down and work hard - he does tend to moan too much. i'd still take the chance at 7-8m though....