Sunderland...

Heron

I would have O'Shea at right back ahead of Simpson like, without a doubt.

Careful lad, posts like this won't go down well on here. Wes Brown would also comfortably walk into your team.

As good as Brown has been for Sunderland, Taylor has been good for us. No way in hell he would walk in to our team just now. Brown is also older and more injury prone.

Another myth peddled by Newcastle fans.

On the subject of injury prone players, Taylor has missed virtually the last 2 seasons because of injuries has he not?

36 appearences for Wes Brown in the past two seasons (not including 2011-2012)

37 appearences for Stephen Taylor in the past two seasons (not including 2011-2012)

You inbred cunt.

Careful lad, posts like this won't go down well on here. Wes Brown would also comfortably walk into your team.

As good as Brown has been for Sunderland, Taylor has been good for us. No way in hell he would walk in to our team just now. Brown is also older and more injury prone.

On the subject of injury prone players, Taylor has missed virtually the last 2 seasons because of injuries has he not?

he's missed a lot, but because of injuries like a broken jaw and a dislocated shoulder, hardly anything to do with him really.

37 appearences for Stephen Taylor in the past two seasons (not including 2011-2012)

You inbred c***.

:lol:

Nailed on more injury prone :thup:

You inbred c***.

:lol:

unlucky queerside.

Guest Wearside

You inbred cunt.

Steven Taylor wasn't playing for the biggest club side in world football.

You inbred cunt.

Neither was Wes Brown judging by his appearances throughout his career.

You inbred cunt.

Apologies I was counting on your mams hands whilst fisting her, and miscounted.

Wes Brown has 43.

You inbred c***.

Bit early in the day to be on the Whiskey is it not. Fucking embarrassment you like lad

Settle down man lads, settle down :lol:

Just find it amusing that they peddle this shite every year.  John O'Shea is a better RB than Danny Simpson agreed.  Wes Brown is a decent player don't get me wrong, but at this moment in time those daft cunts down the road class him as the bestest defender in all of their history.  The poor ginger bastard.

Settle down man lads, settle down :lol:

Wes Brown is a decent player don't get me wrong, but at this moment in time those daft cunts down the road class him as the bestest defender in all of their history.  The poor ginger bastard.

Beating off stiff competition from Paul McShane and Nyron Nosworthy.

Just ignore him for God's sake. All he does is come on here once a week posting something about Sunderland being better than Newcastle and everyone starts a big slanging match. Maybe if he actually had something meaningful to contribute to a discussion then fine, but it's honestly so tiring getting the same crap out of him every week that it's not worth the effort.

Guest Haris Vuckic

You inbred c***.

Wes Brown has done his cruciate ligament twice,he's 32 in a couple of weeks & you gave him a 4 year deal.

Idiocy.

This is the thing with most the mackems I know - I'm generally happy, amongst the piss-taking and ribbing of each others clubs, to admit when Sunderland get a good result or make a good signing. The Sunderland fans simply refuse to do this, everything that goes on at NUFC is moved around in their funny warped minds to be some sort of injustice or negative. One fan I spoke to after the opening day of the season (having seen both teams play) argued that a draw at Anfield was a brilliant result from a brilliant performance and yet a draw at home to Arsenal was a shit result from a shit/lucky NUFC performance.

So yes - I'd have O'Shea, or Brown when fit, to play right-back instead of Danny Simpson. Having said that, I'd also play the bottle of Morrisons fizzy water on my desk at present ahead of Simpson.

Guest Wearside

This is the thing with most the mackems I know - I'm generally happy, amongst the piss-taking and ribbing of each others clubs, to admit when Sunderland get a good result or make a good signing. The Sunderland fans simply refuse to do this, everything that goes on at NUFC is moved around in their funny warped minds to be some sort of injustice or negative. One fan I spoke to after the opening day of the season (having seen both teams play) argued that a draw at Anfield was a brilliant result from a brilliant performance and yet a draw at home to Arsenal was a shit result from a shit/lucky NUFC performance.

So yes - I'd have O'Shea, or Brown when fit, to play right-back instead of Danny Simpson. Having said that, I'd also play the bottle of Morrisons fizzy water on my desk at present ahead of Simpson.

That works two ways though, I could count on one hand how many posters on here have gave Sunderland credit for signing very good players like O'Shea and Brown, I'm not bothered what anyone says those two are very decent footballers and all you get on here is people mocking them, refusing to admit that they are decent.

That works two ways though, I could count on one hand how many posters on here have gave Sunderland credit for signing very good players like O'Shea and Brown, I'm not bothered what anyone says those two are very decent footballers and all you get on here is people mocking them, refusing to admit that they are decent.

OK, we'll admit that they are injury prone, past it, has-beens.

Much like the likes of Smith, Butt and Duff were when we signed them.

This is the thing with most the mackems I know - I'm generally happy, amongst the p*ss-taking and ribbing of each others clubs, to admit when Sunderland get a good result or make a good signing. The Sunderland fans simply refuse to do this, everything that goes on at NUFC is moved around in their funny warped minds to be some sort of injustice or negative. One fan I spoke to after the opening day of the season (having seen both teams play) argued that a draw at Anfield was a brilliant result from a brilliant performance and yet a draw at home to Arsenal was a s*** result from a s***/lucky NUFC performance.

At last, something to add to a discussion. I think people on here generally accept that they are decent players, but the problem is that they aren't getting any younger, and if im not mistaken they are on long contracts with massive wages. We went down that route for about 4 or 5 years and it ended with relegation. Not saying you'll get relegated but I think it's fair to question your transfer policy based on the signings of those two.

I think we're more likely to laugh at Brown & O'Shea as signings because we've been burned by that sort of player too many times. They could just as easy be Phil Neville's and be a success away from a top 4 side, just as they could also be a Smith/Butt/Johnsen/Geremi/Duff/Babayaro

Guest Wearside

This is the thing with most the mackems I know - I'm generally happy, amongst the p*ss-taking and ribbing of each others clubs, to admit when Sunderland get a good result or make a good signing. The Sunderland fans simply refuse to do this, everything that goes on at NUFC is moved around in their funny warped minds to be some sort of injustice or negative. One fan I spoke to after the opening day of the season (having seen both teams play) argued that a draw at Anfield was a brilliant result from a brilliant performance and yet a draw at home to Arsenal was a s*** result from a s***/lucky NUFC performance.

At last, something to add to a discussion. I think people on here generally accept that they are decent players, but the problem is that they aren't getting any younger, and if im not mistaken they are on long contracts with massive wages. We went down that route for about 4 or 5 years and it ended with relegation. Not saying you'll get relegated but I think it's fair to question your transfer policy based on the signings of those two.

Last season our squad was the youngest in the PL and it showed in certain games and towards the end of the season when we fell apart and I'd say 90% of fans realised we needed a few experienced heads and not just kids. Yes, they are on big wages but if the start that Brown has made is anything to go by then it will be money well spent, he wasn't injured at all last season, he just couldn't get in the Man Utd team. O'Shea has only started 2 games but we have kept 2 clean sheets in 2 games in the games he has played so again a good signing, only 30, got years ahead of him yet and defenders regularly play in the top flight well into their 30's.