Sunderland...

Heron

Originally Posted by Tommy Tolpuddle View Post

Newcastle are f***ing better than us end of.

They have better players and more supporters. I wish people would get over it.

They will finish above us this season. The only way I can see us finishing above them is if we get rid of Bruce and get someone like O'Neill or Moyes in.

All of this 'they look s*** on paper' and 'they've been so lucky' is making us look like obsessed little bitches.

We should concentrate on ourselves and ignore them until we can lord it over them again (which won't happen until we beat them or finish above them).

the reply

until they finish above us they cant lord it over imo. we have been top dogs several years running now

Top dogs for several years now, oh right.  Time travelers now.

Several years  :lol:

By one point twice and once when we weren't in the division  :p

They don't seem to see the difference between what Newcastle have announced to increase gates and what they do on a monthly basis to force a few extra people through the door. For example, the scheme launched yesterday is aimed at current season ticket holders, therefore the people who will benefit are likely to be close friends and family of said ST holders (unless you know Jonny, then you're getting fuck all). Sunderland, however, seem to like to pull stunts like this...

321289_10150327093048105_747773104_8400536_695526737_n.jpg

A marked difference, I'm sure you'll agree.

Bias has nothing to do with this either, I thought their £19 season ticket for kids a few years ago was an absolutely brilliant move and as a football fan I'm actually a little gutted it didn't take off because more clubs would've looked to adopt similar schemes.

Guest WashyGeordie

Beating, (or hammering) them 5-1, even when they were the apparent 'top dogs' at the time musn't count now then... Silly us!

Must be that banner what's done it, the one what was hung up against WBA in the last ga...

.....Oh.

:whistle:

the thing is, after these 5 difficult games we have another nice run of games. i'm almost certain that after 19 games - once they've all been played - we'll be above them. of course we will. don't tell them though, or the kernts will wire yer jaw.

the thing is, after these 5 difficult games we have another nice run of games. i'm almost certain that after 19 games - once they've all been played - we'll be above them. of course we will. don't tell them though, or the kernts will wire yer jaw.

We'll still have only played the easy teams though :lol:

Guest Haris Vuckic

I've long since said that we should follow Sunderland's example in terms of ticket pricing as some games - £26 for Wigan, or last year £25 for Blackpool just aren't worth it sometimes and it would make sense to fill the empty seats.

This is different from giving tickets away for nothing on a regular basis.

Just seen a recent Question of Sport which showed Sunderland conceding a goal, and Newcastle scoring one (Best's 3rd vs West Ham).

MAGEEEEEEEEDIA! Those ferkin kernts at the BeeBeeSee.....

:omg: Magedia strikes again!

I've long since said that we should follow Sunderland's example in terms of ticket pricing as some games - £26 for Wigan, or last year £25 for Blackpool just aren't worth it sometimes and it would make sense to fill the empty seats.

This is different from giving tickets away for nothing on a regular basis.

I think the club did well with 48k for Wigan this year with their current pricing, especially when you consider what that figure would be if Wigan filled their allocation (I can only assume they brought hardly any away fans?).

There is no argument with pulling in 48 k  v Wigan.  No offence to Wigan but they are hardley a crowd puller and we still managed 48 k.

Thats superb considering we are apparent "relegation candidates" and not the "top dogs" in the North East.

Guest Roger Kint

There is no argument with pulling in 48 k  v Wigan.  No offence to Wigan but they are hardley a crowd puller and we still managed 48 k.

Thats superb considering we are apparent "relegation candidates" and not the "top dogs" in the North East.

The Fiorentina thing would have played a part in the attendance, was it the first game it could have been used?

The Fiorentina thing would have played a part in the attendance, was it the first game it could have been used?

Were Blackburn & Fulham not category C also

Nah pretty sure they could be used at Fulham and Blackburn

Guest Roger Kint

Nah pretty sure they could be used at Fulham and Blackburn

I ignored Fulham as it was a Sunday at daft o'clock. Blackburn would have been though you are right, i was away that week so it didnt occur to me

If I were a macum, instead of letting the euphoria side of bi-polar get to me too much after the Bolton win and ranting about 18 points from the next 8 games, I'd just be pleased to have identified one of three teams in the league who are potentially worse than them.

From what I've seen Wigan and QPR aren't and from their own experience Swansea and Norwich aren't.

In fact based on their results and form throughout 2011 they may struggle to identify 3 worse teams, but of course in their strange deluded world victory over Bolton has them nailed on for a top 8 finish now.

If I were a macum, instead of letting the euphoria side of bi-polar get to me too much after the Bolton win and ranting about 18 points from the next 8 games, I'd just be pleased to have identified one of three teams in the league who are potentially worse than them.

From what I've seen Wigan and QPR aren't and from their own experience Swansea and Norwich aren't.

In fact based on their results and form throughout 2011 they may struggle to identify 3 worse teams, but of course in their strange deluded world victory over Bolton has them nailed on for a top 8 finish now.

Blackburn probably.