Sunderland...

Heron

He loves two really big men at the back, in the middle.

None of that ball playing centre half nonsense (which is why he got rid of Cahill and replaced him with Zat Knight), he's very much of the belief that centre halves should put it in row Z.

Which is something which fills me with optimism and hope, as there's nothing I'd like to see more than MON come in for the ginger leg swinger, James Collins.

Guest johnson293

Will all the mackems start to think they are Irish again now like they did when Roy Keane was there?

:lol:

To be sure.

Martin O'Neill is the right man for the job, so he is.

I think he will attract a better standard of player than Bruce. Wouldn't surprise me to see a couple of big signings there in Jan. They have a decent squad but it's just horribly imbalanced, a few intelligent buys and I think they could do well. Before his arrival I never thought Bendnter would stay there but I'm not so sure now.

Imagine if the BBC only heard 'O'Neill says yes to Sunderland' and ran with that, and it was actually former Newcastle striker and current Shamrock Rovers manager Michael O'Neill they were close to appointing, rather than Martin.

Not joking but I think wor Michael would do a better job.

I've seen so many messiahtastic appointments down there, Keane, Bruce himself and of course Macemeneny - how they rejoiced and partied when he was appointed.

I'm surprised the yank hasn't had the balls to make a bolder,different type of appointment, O'Neil is yesterday's man - his time at Villa proved that his bolt is well and truly shot.

Imagine if the BBC only heard 'O'Neill says yes to Sunderland' and ran with that, and it was actually former Newcastle striker and current Shamrock Rovers manager Michael O'Neill they were close to appointing, rather than Martin.

Not joking but I think wor Michael would do a better job.

I've seen so many messiahtastic appointments down there, Keane, Bruce himself and of course Macemeneny - how they rejoiced and partied when he was appointed.

I'm surprised the yank hasn't had the balls to make a bolder,different type of appointment, O'Neil is yesterday's man - his time at Villa proved that his bolt is well and truly shot.

Very few chairmen are brave when it comes to appointing managers in the PL, always confuses me why. It's like there are only 7 or 8 people in the world who can manage in the Prem.

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson believes a lack of patience in the stands and his 'Geordie' roots cost Steve Bruce his job at Sunderland.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/7347091/Fergie-Fans-lack-patience

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger believes Sunderland have made a mistake with their decision to sack Steve Bruce.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/7346972/Wenger-Mistake-to-sack-Bruce