Sunderland...

Heron

Nauseating stuff like, why exactly is he bummed so much?

I'm wondering the exact same thing, it makes no sense, his achievments have been good but hardly anywhere near great, the media are very quick to overlook the horrible football, ignore the signings he bought costing quite a bit of money but then hardly using and above all else the damage wrought to Villa's wage bill. As I recall they criticised Lerner for trying to bring common sense financially to Villa and questioning his transfer acumen. Hell it can't be because he's charming or eloquent in his press conferences since he comes across to me as just a prickly asshole

Guest ykmkmdd

Leicester FM Researcher on discussing attribute distributions for manager. Talks about MON:

But MON, imo, is a good example of one of the problems with the current CA system with coaches/managers, because his coaching and tactical side of the game are virtually non-existent and so I think he needs discussing.

He doesn't even turn up for training and leaves all his coaching to Steve Walford, just like Clough used to and he doesn't bother with tactics whatsoever. Doesn't bother with any of the modern tactical or statistical analysis programmes etc. and we've had players under him come out and say his entire tactical analysis of the game basically consisted of something along the lines of "stop the big man and you'll stop them scoring."

If that bit in particular is true I'm confident we still won't be getting beat by them any time in the forseeable future - tailored match tactics is one of Pardew's strongest areas imo.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=650354

"apparently a kitty of 20 million is available ( but over he next two windows) this is enough to keep us up. remember Villa struggling this time last year , they spent 20 million and moved easily up the table. all MON needs to do is to find a player who wants to come or a mercenray that will do a job and f**k off his currrent club for a higher wage. Peraps an opprotunity to p*ss off the mags and get Demba BA"

Aww, so delusional.

Guest Geordiesned

Must admit I hate any mackem manager who's name doesn't seamlessly fit into daydream believer, highly inconsiderate of them. :huff:

"Cheer up mental Martin!"

O'Neill will play the underdog card and tap into Sunderland's history, reminding anyone who cares that he genuinely did support Sunderland, as well as Celtic, when he was growing up in Northern Ireland.

:lol:

Looks like he has Robbie Keane syndrome.

Whatever people think of O'Neill, he's easily their best appointment for years, if not decades. He obviously is a fan of Sunderland from his younger days so for Sunderland fans, it probably has a bit of a Keegan-esque feel about it.

I think they get a massive boost from his appointment and they are easily going to attain Premier League respectability.

I don't think we are going to have too much to laugh at for the next few seasons.

Dave makes a good point (can't be arsed to go back a page to quote it).

He's a good manager who gets good results. There's no getting away from that. They haven't appointed Avram Grant.

On the flip side, that stuff from the bloke in Leicester is so spot on, i almost nodded my head clean off my shouders. He's very far from being any type of messiah. He'll get them to 8th to 10th, I reckon, which for Sunderland is quite the achievement.

Actual fact does not bear comparison to some of the media fawning. Henry Winter the other day described him as "a stellar manager". Not wanting to sound snooty, but if he's that, having been out of work for over a year, why on earth is he about to take over at Sunderland?

My advice to you lot is to marvel at the forthcoming press fawning, because it is going to make you vomit. It made me vomit even when he was with us, the suggestion being that we were Martin O'Neill's Aston Villa, that we were lucky to have him, and that should overrule any complaints we might have about the awful football or the profligate wasting of money. Had I known we'd still be getting it today (and we are), I would have opted never to have had him here at the first place.

I have personally never had a problem with Sunderland. Sure, RTG is the mongiest place I've ever seen on the internet, but on the flip side, my best mate at uni was a mackem, i watched them with him a lot in the third division. 

Now MON is going there, however, and thnking back to how he shat on us gigantically, and wanting to see how his press fan club would react to it, I wish them absolutely nothing but ill.

:clap: fantastic post

O'Neill will play the underdog card and tap into Sunderland's history, reminding anyone who cares that he genuinely did support Sunderland, as well as Celtic, when he was growing up in Northern Ireland.

:lol:

Looks like he has Robbie KeaneIrish syndrome.

Whatever people think of O'Neill, he's easily their best appointment for years, if not decades. He obviously is a fan of Sunderland from his younger days so for Sunderland fans, it probably has a bit of a Keegan-esque feel about it.

I think they get a massive boost from his appointment and they are easily going to attain Premier League respectability.

I don't think we are going to have too much to laugh at for the next few seasons.

?

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/