The "We Won't Win Another Game This Season" Fred aka Relegation-o-meter

Stu
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

More confident now. We've had a good window of transfers, and I reckon we'll end up around 14th/13th.

I like Hughton, he sees what the fans see which not many of our managers have, what areas are weak and what needs strengthening and if its him who is identifying the players we are signing (bar best) then he's class.

Maybe he's reading the forum.  :frantic:

I like Hughton, he sees what the fans see which not many of our managers have, what areas are weak and what needs strengthening and if its him who is identifying the players we are signing (bar best) then he's class.

No because then he'd think Shearer was a wanker, Nolan and Smith are no good and that Harper was a pub goalie. Most of all he'd be whinging every time we win about something.

Hughton is Dave.

Hughton is Dave.

I imagine Dave to look more like Llambias.

Hughton is Dave.

I imagine Dave to look more like Llambias.

Looks like Shola from what I can remember.

Not particularly worried about going down either. We have a good team and can beat every team bar top 3, Liverpool are shite nowadays, and it is a close league. but then again. I have been confidence about the team all way long.

WE ARE DOOMED!

Fat f***ing Mike Ashley, doesn't know how to run a club! Why haven't our transfer deals been all over the papers every day?? only not to materialise?!?! This is the right way to run a club, as shown by the good Shepherd.

Relegation is nigh.

:facepalm:

I think he was being sarcastic.

I hope so anyway...

1-5

I think we'll finish between 12-15

we actualy have a decent side and with club stability and a single manager we should have a comfortable finish. About 10th downwards in the Premiership is actualy very poor, and I think we come into the higher tier of this group, pair that with the fact that SJP is notoriously a difficult place to come and we should be safe.

1-5

we actualy have a decent side and with club stability and a single manager we should have a comfortable finish. About 10th downwards in the Premiership is actualy very poor, and I think we come into the higher tier of this group, pair that with the fact that SJP is notoriously a difficult place to come and we should be safe.

That's on the same awfulness scale as:

WE ARE DOOMED!

Fat f***ing Mike Ashley, doesn't know how to run a club! Why haven't our transfer deals been all over the papers every day?? only not to materialise?!?! This is the right way to run a club, as shown by the good Shepherd.

Relegation is nigh.

1-5

WE ARE DOOMED!

Relegation is nigh.

Blackburn, Stoke, Fulham, Sunderland, Bolton, Wolves, Wigan, West Ham, Newcastle, West Brom, Blackpool.

Yes mate, absolutely full of quality that lot like...

I'm at 3 now, really not worried, think the only thing that will see us really struggle is a couple of long term injuries to players like Carroll, Jose and Barton.

Assuming we have good luck with injuries, we'll be fine, there are a lot of teams a lot worse than us.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

WE ARE DOOMED!

Relegation is nigh.

I think he was being a little bit sarcastic...

1-5

WE ARE DOOMED!

Relegation is nigh.

Blackburn, Stoke, Fulham, Sunderland, Bolton, Wolves, Wigan, West Ham, Newcastle, West Brom, Blackpool.

It seems an awfully stereotypical "soopa Jawdiees" comment to make, bearing in mind that 9 of the teams you listed survived relegation from the premiership last season;

Fulham were the UEFA Cup/Europa League finalists;

Blackburn remained undefeated at home against the so-called Big Four last season;

Stoke made the FA Cup quarter-finals, comfortably knocking out Arsenal;

Bolton, Wolves and Birmingham have all started the season undefeated and enjoyed good finishes to last season;

Wigan, West Ham, Blackpool and West Brom are admittedly looking like they're going to make up the bulk of this season's relegation fight. On paper we might have a stronger first team (maybe even a stronger squad) but this team hasn't earnt the right to start expecting mid-table/top-half finishes, yet.

1-5

WE ARE DOOMED!

Relegation is nigh.

It seems an awfully stereotypical "soopa Jawdiees" comment to make, bearing in mind that 9 of the teams you listed survived relegation from the premiership last season;

Blackburn remained undefeated at home against the so-called Big Four last season;

Bolton, Wolves and Birmingham have all started the season undefeated and enjoyed good finishes to last season;

Wigan, West Ham, Blackpool and West Brom are admittedly looking like they're going to make up the bulk of this season's relegation fight. On paper we might have a stronger first team (maybe even a stronger squad) but this team hasn't earnt the right to start expecting mid-table/top-half finishes, yet.

"9 teams survived relegation"? You not mean 7, the other 3 I listed wern't even in the league. And where did I even mention Birmingham! :kasper:

Anyway, just because I disagree with your morbid and unnecisarily pessamistic opinions doesn't mean i'm some "soopa jawdeee" we're ganna win the league leek lads...

I said I think we come into the "higher tier of that group", meaning 10-15 (the lower tier been 16-20, believe it or not!), we finished above Blackpool and West Brom with a canter last season and this season West Ham & Wigan look absolutely awful and we've just outplayed Wolves at there gaff (despite them trying to kick us off the park). Theres 5 teams I believe we look stronger than this season, not saying WE WILL finish above them, or even that WE WILL stay up, but I certainly think we've got a realy good chance of a decent 15+ finish.

Calling the bottom 10 "shit" may have been a tad harsh but it's hardly far off the mark when you compare them with the rest of the league (the bottom 11 infact we're 11 points behind Everton in 8th last season). The league is split into 2, and I don't realy see how it's so far fetched to suggest we have a good chance of finishing in a respectable place within the latter half.

Guest malandro

1-5

WE ARE DOOMED!

Relegation is nigh.

"9 teams survived relegation"? You not mean 7, the other 3 I listed wern't even in the league. And where did I even mention Birmingham! :kasper:

Anyway, just because I disagree with your morbid and unnecisarily pessamistic opinions doesn't mean i'm some "soopa jawdeee" we're ganna win the league leek lads...

I said I think we come into the "higher tier of that group", meaning 10-15 (the lower tier been 16-20, believe it or not!), we finished above Blackpool and West Brom with a canter last season and this season West Ham & Wigan look absolutely awful and we've just outplayed Wolves at there gaff (despite them trying to kick us off the park). Theres 5 teams I believe we look stronger than this season, not saying WE WILL finish above them, or even that WE WILL stay up, but I certainly think we've got a realy good chance of a decent 15+ finish.

Calling the bottom 10 "s***" may have been a tad harsh but it's hardly far off the mark when you compare them with the rest of the league (the bottom 11 infact we're 11 points behind Everton in 8th last season). The league is split into 2, and I don't realy see how it's so far fetched to suggest we have a good chance of finishing in a respectable place within the latter half.

Outplayed them, but for some unknown reason didn’t beat them and could easily have been 2-0 if the ref hadn’t missed a blatant pen.

Stu is spot on; the team still has a lot to do before it can start writing off the likes of Stoke and Fulham as crap. Thankfully I don’t think Hughton will fall into the trap of thinking teams with smaller support are going to be pushovers this season.

Never once writen off Fulham or Stoke, I said the bottom half of the league is poor (us included), which it is.

Woles should have had a penalty, they should also have been down to about 9 men, and we didn't beat them but we got a draw away which was a very good result. They'll be lucky to get the same at SJP to be honest.

Never once writen off Fulham or Stoke, I said the bottom half of the league is poor (us included), which it is.

Woles should have had a penalty, they should also have been down to about 9 men, and we didn't beat them but we got a draw away which was a very good result. They'll be lucky to get the same at SJP to be honest.

Truth, even if Wolves had scored that pen I don't buy the MOTD view that "the game would have been over". That's just another summariser's cliche.

We were the better side, we deserved at least a point. They should have had Henry sent off at least.

Outside of the top 4-6 teams, there are only shades of grey between everyone IMO.

Yeah, another funny thing is everytime a club comes back from 2-0 down the suposed 'experts' on MOTD tell us all how 2-0 is the most dangerous scorline to have due to complacancy...

I agree with the late great Sir Brian Clough that we realy need more actual highlights and less 'punditry' and analasys.