The "We Won't Win Another Game This Season" Fred aka Relegation-o-meter

Stu
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

You should've seen the Stoke Wolves game too, both looked poor. We're luckily entering the Premier League in what I think is the weakest it's ever been.

You should've seen the Stoke Wolves game too, both looked poor. We're luckily entering the Premier League in what I think is the weakest it's ever been.

You say that, but when you look at some of the teams that'll be down there, West Ham have 4 full England internationals, we have 2 Argentinian internationals, etc. I think it's more a case of a lot of sides being at a similar level with 7-8 teams beyond everybody.

Even more positive about survival after seeing Wigan, WBA & West Ham this weekend.

Aye, we can take some heart from that first day of Premier League football. Some teams look like they could be in a lot of trouble. On the other hand, Blackpool may not be the certainty to go down we thought it would be; they played a very bad Wigan side, but they still stuffed them comfortably and I'm not sure we would have done the same.

Even more positive about survival after seeing Wigan, WBA & West Ham this weekend.

Aye, we can take some heart from that first day of Premier League football. Some teams look like they could be in a lot of trouble. On the other hand, Blackpool may not be the certainty to go down we thought it would be; they played a very bad Wigan side, but they still stuffed them comfortably and I'm not sure we would have done the same.

Blackpool are the same as Hull two years ago. Starting strong, surprising some teams at the beginning. They'll fade away soon enough.

Guest neesy111

Blackpool are the same as Hull two years ago. Starting strong, surprising some teams at the beginning. They'll fade away soon enough.

they'll fade away next week, just a freak result against a very shit team

For me, Blackpool weren't that good. Pretty much every chance they had was because Wigan were so terrible defensively. They might get lucky because it looks like West Ham and West Brom are also very poor. I don't expect a lot from Wolves, Stoke or Bolton either. Sunderland, Birmingham, Fulham and Blackburn are maybe a small step above the rest but not far enough to consider themselves safe, and still a mile away from the top 8 teams.

If we win most of our home games against the sides mentioned above, and pick up some points against them on the road we'll be ok. Anything we do against the top 8 teams is just bonus points.

Current Verdict. We'll be ok, and comfortably so.

Let's hope for a spirited performance at OT tomorrow, thats the least we can expect. Birmingham finished 10th (11th?) last season with a poor squad and steven carr as their captain. on paper, we are at least as good as them and so it all depends on Hughton and team spirit

Cannot judge anything yet like. Need to give it until October for teams to settle down and find their true form.

Come on Disco man, I reckon the West Ham supporters team are better than the actual WHU first team, and NOFC would certainly have given Wigan a game yesterday. There is only a certain amount of form that can be found when you are piss poor. How much do you expect them to improve without significant signings and possibly with some departures (N'Zog from Wigan and C.Cole from Wham have both been rumoured as leaving soon).

If Ben Afra signs and if he is the player he turns out we hoping for and if we can just sign a pacey cleaver forward ON loan like keane i'd be well happy for the rest of the season.

WE ARE DOOMED!

Fat fucking Mike Ashley, doesn't know how to run a club! Why haven't our transfer deals been all over the papers every day?? only not to materialise?!?! This is the right way to run a club, as shown by the good Shepherd.

Relegation is nigh.

I want to get carried away, but will wait until we see the new boys play a few games.

I just want us not to be shitting ourselves at the end of the season, would be nice to have a couple of months off from stressing about relegation.

Yup, just glide home comfy by a few points would be nice. Not arsed about mid table just a buffer between whoever.

Then we can build again the season after.