The "We Won't Win Another Game This Season" Fred aka Relegation-o-meter

Stu
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Whilst the players are mostly the same that got relegated, they're actually playing like a team now. And in my opinion, these players aren't THAT bad that they on a good day wouldn't manage to keep a team up in the PL. As long as there's no off-field bullshit this summer and the players get to bond even more, I think we should manage to stay up. We won't impress, and it might be quite tense, but I think they should manage to stay up.

As long as their confidence don't get fucked up two games in after 12-0 away at Chelski and 7-0 away at Man Utd that is.

8. Our team is a bottom 6 PL one, theres no doubt about it. Plus it looks like we won't make the 3 or 4 good signings we need.

25 points at home is a minimum must. Somehow get 12 away.

Whilst the players are mostly the same that got relegated, they're actually playing like a team now. And in my opinion, these players aren't THAT bad that they on a good day wouldn't manage to keep a team up in the PL. As long as there's no off-field bullshit this summer and the players get to bond even more, I think we should manage to stay up. We won't impress, and it might be quite tense, but I think they should manage to stay up.

As long as their confidence don't get fucked up two games in after 12-0 away at Chelski and 7-0 away at Man Utd that is.

Does spring count?

Until we get the three know priorities in, it's a 7 for me.

Well that's what i'm basing my 1 on. I think we will.

If we didn't sign anyone we'd drop faster than a lead balloon.

O0

I'm a 6. No new players and we're v.likely to go back down. Some clever additions and i can see us staying up.

Be between us, WBA, Wigan, Wolves and the playoff winner i would suspect. Perhaps with Stoke, Birmingham and Fulham (if Hodgson goes) on the peripherals.

Idiocy to be confident of survival. :rolleyes:

f***'s sake. Grow a pair, that's just needlessly pessimistic. We'll be fine, even without much money to spend. There's copious amounts of dog-muck in the big league, aswell as two even shitter teams coming with us. We still need those upgrades and we can still get them from the bargain basement - and i think we will.

We'll be absolutely fine.

See attachment: season 08/09.

I'm sure many, including myself, said we'd be 'absolutely fine' last time. Not alot has changed, in fact some of the shit (Hull and Pompey) have gone too.

Idiocy to be confident of survival. :rolleyes:

f***'s sake. Grow a pair, that's just needlessly pessimistic. We'll be fine, even without much money to spend. There's copious amounts of dog-muck in the big league, aswell as two even shitter teams coming with us. We still need those upgrades and we can still get them from the bargain basement - and i think we will.

We'll be absolutely fine.

See attachment: season 08/09.

I'm sure many, including myself, said we'd be 'absolutely fine' last time. Not alot has changed, in fact some of the shit (Hull and Pompey) have gone too.

The agendas of the big bosses hasn't changed. At an actual footballing level, a lot has changed.

I'd go for 5 at the moment. If it's like this year when it was an '8 and 12' structure to the league, then I'd be surprised if you didn't finish above 3 others.

No strengthening to the squad however and it's a 7 or 8.

Reckon the only thing that would stop the current lot staying up would be injuries myself.

They have the potential to do decently in the prem easily. Just as the last lot did.

Even with one or two additions to this squad we are majorly lacking strength in (any sort of) depth. A couple of injuries and suspensions in one and we're in big, big trouble.

We need to get at least 3-4 players in and then I'll be able to breath easier. I have confidence in Hughton, just not the fucking board room.

With everyone focussed on staying up, will the powers that be sacrifice the cup competitions?

We can't afford injuries and fatigue with such a small squad but will it be a black eye to lose to a League 1 or Champo team in the early rounds?

It does depend on what other teams do in the summer too, but I think we can compete against, and half of the team beat; Wigan, Wolves, Bolton, West Brom, West Ham and obviously the play-off team. It looks like it will be a scap between a lot of teams in the bottom half of the table again, like it has been the last 2 years.

Reckon the only thing that would stop the current lot staying up would be injuries myself.

They have the potential to do decently in the prem easily. Just as the last lot did.

Not sure about doing decently easily, but I agree that only injuries would stop them. The other promoted sides will struggle more, have less class and experience and not much money. West Ham and Wigan look very precarious and I can see Wolves having a ropey season. In that excel spreadsheet, the three clubs that came up with 100+ points all survived comfortably.

It looks like it could get really ugly at the bottom and a decent start will make the world of difference. It might have to be a case of playing the kids in the cups again.

The top teams all need major strengthening and theres been a trend lately to look at home, rather than abroad (Anelka and Valencia are two successes). If this continues, then teams like Wigan, West Ham etc will lose any quality they might still have.

So that could be good news.

The top teams all need major strengthening and theres been a trend lately to look at home, rather than abroad (Anelka and Valencia are two successes). If this continues, then teams like Wigan, West Ham etc will lose any quality they might still have.

But by that logic, so could we. Jonas, Colo, Enrique and so on. :undecided:

But by that logic, so could we. Jonas, Colo, Enrique and so on. :undecided:

Maybe, but they still have the stigma of being 'bad' from last season.

• 2 weeks later...

There's normally a surprise package down at the bottom scraping it out till late on- Bolton was a slight surprise staying down there so long, as were West Ham.

We're pretty much banking on Blackpool (and probably Albion) being out of their depth and maybe one other shithouse such as Wigan or Wolves being dragged down as well to keep us up.