The "We Won't Win Another Game This Season" Fred aka Relegation-o-meter

Stu
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Idiocy to be confident of survival. :rolleyes:

f***'s sake. Grow a pair, that's just needlessly pessimistic. We'll be fine, even without much money to spend. There's copious amounts of dog-muck in the big league, aswell as two even shitter teams coming with us. We still need those upgrades and we can still get them from the bargain basement - and i think we will.

We'll be absolutely fine.

See attachment: season 08/09.

I'm sure many, including myself, said we'd be 'absolutely fine' last time. Not alot has changed, in fact some of the shit (Hull and Pompey) have gone too.

Most people thought it was idiocy to be confident of promotion at the first attempt last season.

Absolutely loads has changed by the way.  I'm not delusional enough to think that the Championship is at all indicitive of the Premiership but the fact is we have a team now and a permanent manager who's doing well and isn't about to fuck off.  Also the team is more balanced then last time IMO, the addition of Routledge makes a real difference for us and is something we didn't have in 08/09.

3 - probably safe. The Premier is basically 7-8 decent teams, the rest are crap. We can definitely compete with those.

I tend to agree, but we didn't compete with them last time, did we?

The players acted like individuals back then, now they act like a team. Will make a massive difference, imo.

3 - probably safe. The Premier is basically 7-8 decent teams, the rest are crap. We can definitely compete with those.

I tend to agree, but we didn't compete with them last time, did we?

The players acted like individuals back then, now they act like a team. Will make a massive difference, imo.

Yeah, I hope you're right, I think you are. A tiny part of me still wonders whether it was just the weakness of the opposition that helped us out last season, but on balance I don't think so.

• 1 month later...

as it stands i don't see where the goals are coming from, i really don't

That will depend on the tactics/style of play the manager adopts which is my biggest worry.

indeed

on paper it looks like carroll up top and crosses in from routledge and jonas :dowie: would be the order of the day

can't see the midfield doing little more than getting in the way of the opposition and farming it out to the two wingers

worried

With the squad as it is - 7.6 to go down, no better.

IF 2 decent players are signed - 6.

We don't know who might leave yet.........this is Newcastle United. The midfield is absolutely dire in its current format and WILL struggle desperately in the Prem unless it is strengthened.

I need hardly add that relegation will be disastrous if it happens again ; any decent players will be away for certain because the club will have proved it has no ambition.

Some being a bit harsh on hughton again, Jose mourinho couldn't get our current crop of central midfielders dominating many teams so playing boring, men behind the ball football may end up being the best but least popular option.

He is on a hiding to nothing this season, everyone knows that with the current squad finishing 17th will be an achievement but it looks like the stakes are already being raised before a ball has been kicked.

There is no chance of this happening what-so-ever. If you want to know why please scroll down...

Because.........

WE ARE THE MAGS!

• 4 weeks later...

Can we have the poll edited like last year so we can change our vote? Im a 1 now. Theres no way we are going down with West Brom, Blackpool, Wigan and arguably West Ham in the same league as us. I mean we are shit, but not as shit as at least 3 of those teams.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I like to think we are better than Blackpool, West Brom and Wigan- As long as we maintain strong spirit and team work when we go on losing streaks and bad spells, we can stay up-