Newcastle vs Blackpool - Saturday 10th KO 15:00

Skirge

Guest johnson293

Cannit wait.... My little 'un (6 year old) is so looking forward to his first proper match tomorrow!  :aww:

Hope its a good day, and another win!  :clap2:

Jonas needs dropping.

"We needed to finish in first or second place to get automatic promotion and that is what we have done. If we had finished between third and sixth we would have had to go into the play-offs and my season would have ended very close to the World Cup.

"Now I have time to charge my batteries for the World Cup and that is what I have always wanted and needed."

If he wants a rest let a more motivated player play instead.

Jonas needs dropping.

"We needed to finish in first or second place to get automatic promotion and that is what we have done. If we had finished between third and sixth we would have had to go into the play-offs and my season would have ended very close to the World Cup.

"Now I have time to charge my batteries for the World Cup and that is what I have always wanted and needed."

He's going to have a rest after our season finishes. Had we been in the play-offs it would have been a problem......but we're not....so it's not a problem. Play him.

Anyone got any idea how many Blackpool are bringing up?

nufc.com say that their 2700 allocation was sold out quickly and that they believe that there will be plenty of Blackpool fans in the home areas as well.

It will be nice for them to see a proper stadium.......

Jonas needs dropping.

He's going to have a rest after our season finishes. Had we been in the play-offs it would have been a problem......but we're not....so it's not a problem. Play him.

The worry is whether or not he is already at the World Cup in his mind and starts worrying about injuries and fitness and suchlike. If his name was Michael Owen and we saw those quotes more would be upset. Maybe is a bit too hasty to not give him a chance, but one half-arsed game and he's out.

The other consideration is that we may have a happier more loyal player who is fitter next season if we do rest him now.

nufc.com say that their 2700 allocation was sold out quickly and that they believe that there will be plenty of Blackpool fans in the home areas as well.

Good stuff.

No excuses for not getting 50k+ now. Saturday afternoon, big away following, not televised...

We need to give  Krul, Kadar, Ranger and possibly Tavernier starts (although definitely not all at the same time) to see if they can cope. Will help with our thinking over close season transfers. Next year's all that matters now (in my mind).

Good stuff.

No excuses for not getting 50k+ now. Saturday afternoon, big away following, not televised...

Hopefully I can get two decent tickets still later on like, don't fancy paying 25 quid for nowt like.  I've only been to a few games this season and really want to make an effort for the last few games and this one could be a belter.

I reckon we should go full strength bar up to two or three positions.

Would like to see Krul, Tavernier/Kadar and Ranger getting a start. Maybe include Inman as a sub too.

Guest toonlass

Jonas needs dropping.

The worry is whether or not he is already at the World Cup in his mind and starts worrying about injuries and fitness and suchlike. If his name was Michael Owen and we saw those quotes more would be upset. Maybe is a bit too hasty to not give him a chance, but one half-arsed game and he's out.

The other consideration is that we may have a happier more loyal player who is fitter next season if we do rest him now.

Jonas has done more for us than Owen ever did though.

Blackpool are a very neat, passing side and they're a threat.

With the pressure to play safe and produce results, it's so difficult for a manager to give younger players their chance in the first team. I'd definitely use the opportunity to give Ranger, Kadar and Krul some games. It wouldn't weaken the team by much (if at all) and besides, now we're promoted it's job done as far as I'm concerned.

I would also give Krul a chance in goal for these last few games.

Why not, even for a keeper he doesn't half make things exciting.

Guest Brazilianbob

Blackpool will be a tight game and there may only be one goal in it, but I see no reason why we should not beat them in the same way we have beaten all the other teams at SJP from 10th place right up to and including the teams in the play off positions.

Hughton should rotate the team definitely! What's the point playing the best side all remaining games and not give a run out for some of the more promising youngters?

I'd go...

Krul

Simpson  Williamson  Kadar  Enrique

Routledge  Guthrie  Inman/Vukic  RTaylor

Carroll  Ranger

WBA have one tough game away from home as well and I really don't mind if we actually finish 2nd instead of winning the title(if there's one anyway) if we give youth players some time to prove themselves. Just by playing reserve/youth games they'll never gonna make the step up to the first team for sure!

WBA have one tough game away from home as well and I really don't mind if we actually finish 2nd instead of winning the title(if there's one anyway) if we give youth players some time to prove themselves. Just by playing reserve/youth games they'll never gonna make the step up to the first team for sure!

I'd rather come 1st than 2nd, especially since we've been top for most of the season.  And yes, you do get a cup.