Newcastle vs Blackpool - Saturday 10th KO 15:00

Skirge

I love how this whole "ooo this will be a tough game, will be quite tight" thing is still going on :lol:

3-0 us.

I mentioned this the other day, people said the same thing about Cardiff, Barnsley etc and we didn't exactly struggle. All things being equal, we will beat this lot.

Looks like another big crowd. No cash turnstiles tomorrow.

Bugger.

It'll sell out and the club will say it was 47 thousand :angry: :angry: :angry:

There are virtually whole sections of the platinum club/milburn level 2 unsold at £40 and £45 a ticket, as there were on monday night. Reasonably priced tickets virtually all gone.

That's why the crowd wasn't 50K+ as people won't pay the corporate prices for CCC football and i can't see them being sold out much in the Premiership either.

surely we should be playing our strongest team, or at least wih only 1 or 2 changes.........

i'd rather get the points in the bag to secure the title before playing vukic etc..............

i'd say only changes would be to give krul and kadar some first team football 

surely we should be playing our strongest team, or at least wih only 1 or 2 changes.........

i'd rather get the points in the bag to secure the title before playing vukic etc..............

i'd even want the strongest team out if it is going to effect third parties. hate it done to us (again) so i couldn't excuse us doing it to others.

i'd even want the strongest team out if it is going to effect third parties. hate it done to us (again) so i couldn't excuse us doing it to others.

agreed blackpool are in a race for the playoff spots to be fair to the other sides fighting for the spots we should play our strongest side

agreed blackpool are in a race for the playoff spots to be fair to the other sides fighting for the spots we should play our strongest side

and reading still have a slim shot at the play offs, plymouth in the relegation battle as could QPR, ipswich will probably have nowt to go for by the time we play them.

I understand the point about not fielding a weakened side so as to be fair on other teams, but it's always going to happen and it's not something that can be regulated against. If a club is in the Cup Final, with an unimportant league game the week before, are they going to risk their best players? No. We ourselves were on the receiving end when Juve played a weak side in the Champions League, when we were playing Feyenoord. Man U played a weak side against Hull when we were playing Villa.

I now see it as just the kind of luck that every team has to deal with throughout the season, in various forms. In any case, how do you distinguish between a club resting a player (OK), taking a precaution with a player who has a niggling injury (OK) and withholding a player so they're fit and fresh for a more important match (not OK)?

I understand the point about not fielding a weakened side so as to be fair on other teams, but it's always going to happen and it's not something that can be regulated against. If a club is in the Cup Final, with an unimportant league game the week before, are they going to risk their best players? No. We ourselves were on the receiving end when Juve played a weak side in the Champions League, when we were playing Feyenoord. Man U played a weak side against Hull when we were playing Villa.

I now see it as just the kind of luck that every team has to deal with throughout the season, in various forms. In any case, how do you distinguish between a club resting a player (OK), taking a precaution with a player who has a niggling injury (OK) and withholding a player so they're fit and fresh for a more important match (not OK)?

we were also on then receiving end when boro played man utd and we played tottenham. we have no cup finals or 'big' games to save players for. the only reason is to give a bit of experience to haris vukic etc. thats not a good enough reason to play with the promotion/relegation of another team.

Guest MrSundlofer

Forster back at Newcastle? Will he play for us this season?

http://www.nufc.co.uk/javaImages/43/21/0,,10278~8724803,00.jpg

Forster back at Newcastle? Will he play for us this season?

http://www.nufc.co.uk/javaImages/43/21/0,,10278~8724803,00.jpg

He trains a few days a week at NUFC as long as Norwich don't have a midweek game as he has done all season and as Tim Krul has done when he has been out on loan.

we were also on then receiving end when boro played man utd and we played tottenham. we have no cup finals or 'big' games to save players for. the only reason is to give a bit of experience to haris vukic etc. thats not a good enough reason to play with the promotion/relegation of another team.

I suppose the issue is - who decides what's a 'good enough reason'? It's a very grey area. It never sits comfortably with me when clubs criticise other clubs for doing something when, in practice, they would do exactly the same if they were in an identical position.

You can try and regulate it, but there is another position to take - namely, that clubs will look after their own interests in this kind of situation and you have to accept that. The 'victim' club can complain, but if they'd played well enough in previous games they wouldn't be having to depend on other results. They have to take responsibility for the position they're in, where they are dependent on this kind of luck.