Newcastle vs Blackpool - Saturday 10th KO 15:00

Skirge

Would the players see the Championship title as an achievement? If they do, I'd want to slap them silly, tbh. It's like shooting your own foot off but being chuffed that you've managed to win the one-legged race. Or something. It's like moving to Hendon and being proud that you have the nicest house on the street.

We've led all season and I want to see us finish it in style by clinching the title. It may not be anything to party in the streets about but i'd much rather win the title than finish second. With the exception of one (maybe 2) none of our players will be going to the World Cup in the summer and so will have plenty of time off to recover. I would personally see it as a bit of an anticlimax if we started resting a lot of players, lost a couple of games and finished 2nd rather than finishing unbeaten at home, breaking the 100 point barrier and winning the league by say 10 points or so.

The players can have all the rest they want in the summer. However, i trust some of those who have not been starting to come in and make a point for next season. I'd go;

Harper

Simo  Colo/Williamson  Kadar  Enrique

Guthrie

Barton

Routledge                                    Jonas

Ameobi      Best

It's about the confidence in the squad, not throwing away points. We can beat Blackpool with a number of line up's.

I'm in no doubt that some of those who were playing last night have knocks.

We've won starting games with Butt, Smith, Fritz Hall, Ryan Taylor, and Pancrate.  We'll win the title even if we don't play the current "full strength" eleven. 100 point is an arbitray goal that doesn't really move the club forward.

We're better off giving minutes to some younger players--- Kadar, Krul, Ranger should get some starts. Now that Barton is available, he should play as well. Also, we should be putting Best in the shop window. Promotion and playing younger players is real progress.

We've won starting games with Butt, Smith, Fritz Hall, Ryan Taylor, and Pancrate.  We'll win the title even if we don't play the current "full strength" eleven. 100 point is an arbitray goal that doesn't really move the club forward.

We're better off giving minutes to some younger players--- Kadar, Krul, Ranger should get some starts. Now that Barton is available, he should play as well. Also, we should be putting Best in the shop window. Promotion and playing younger players is real progress.

No relation,  honest lads  :lol:

Getting promoted was the only important thing this year, and i've not been that fussed about the title... but when you've been sat on top (bar a day, i think, after Swansea?) since September - you go on and finish the frigging job.

Full strength plz.