Sir John Hall

Incognito

Guest Stephen927

What exactly did SJH do wrong like?

Best wishes to him of course.

Sold his share to Ashley behind Shepherds back while Shepherd was in hospital.

Had nothing to do with Shepherd if he wanted to sell. Hall had wanted rid of his shares for years anyway.

Had nothing to do with Shepherd if he wanted to sell. Hall had wanted rid of his shares for years anyway.

And I know people like their links of proof so here http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/hall-urged-to-stick-or-sell-newcastle-shares-after-takeover-fails-433175.html?cmp=ilc-n

"Couldnt happen to a nicer bloke. Hurry up and keel over"

And that's why; they're the scum. It doesnt matter if its the odd few tbh, if Bob Murrayor Niall Quinn recieved this news, would anyone on this board ever dream of making a comment like that? No chance.

And that's why; they're the scum. It doesnt matter if its the odd few tbh, if Bob Murrayor Niall Quinn recieved this news, would anyone on this board ever dream of making a comment like that? No chance.

That's shit, I wouldn't wish cancer on many people and being a mackem wouldn't be a reason to do so.

Without SJH, we would never have had the KK years, we would still be run by local small minded "businessmen" who had neither the clout nor the gumption to get us back to a level the support deserved.

He did a lot for this club, people tend to forget that, he took a lot out admitedly but I don't begrudge him that, he gambled and it paid off. He wanted out for a long time and sold to someone, we all thought at the time was the perfect guy.

His son on the other hand sullied the family name.

I hope his remaining time is peaceful.

Yes it doesn't matter if it's the odd few or even the odd one when you are clearly as obsessed about the local rivals as they are.

Without SJH, we would never have had the KK years, we would still be run by local small minded "businessmen" who had neither the clout nor the gumption to get us back to a level the support deserved.

He did a lot for this club, people tend to forget that, he took a lot out admitedly but I don't begrudge him that, he gambled and it paid off. He wanted out for a long time and sold to someone, we all thought at the time was the perfect guy.

His son on the other hand sullied the family name.

I hope his remaining time is peaceful.

You've summed it up perfectly afar.

Sir John wasn't everyone's cup of tea and he upset lots of people in his time - all successful people do this, even the likes of Branson and as for O'Leary at Ryanair....

Nevertheless, he loved the NE and even when he did things others didn't like, he tried to do it for the area if he could.

He took on McKeag & Co when nobody else would and gambled by investing in the team and stadium when we were a shambles - within a year of his taking control we had appointed KK full time and were promoted. He was Chairman between 1992 and 1997 and to date, those have been our most successful Prem seasons because we finished 2nd twice and 3rd once - he was also instrumental on our appointing SBR when Shepherd & Co were hesitating.

We should be glad he did at least make us respected again and grateful for the good times we experienced during those years, and I wish him well in his fight with this disease - something most of us fear deep down because in many cases it involves much suffering.

Good Luck, Sir John.