PFA Awards

Thespence

Guest Heneage

We've walked this league and yet only four of our players made the team? :lol:

Look at the midfield, it's based on good goal scorers, nothing else.

PFA Championship team of the year: Camp, Gunter (both Nottm For), Coloccini  (Newcastle), A Williams (Swansea), Enrique (Newcastle), Dorrans (West Brom), Whittingham (Cardiff), Nolan (Newcastle), Adam (Blackpool), Carroll (Newcastle), Chopra (Cardiff).

4 of our lads + a X

2 products of our academy

who in that midfield would track back  ??? like it really matters i suppose attacking players almost always get more attention than your defensively minded midfielder

These awards cause me so much annoyance every season, I just need to stop caring.

Last season was the first one where we have had these awards in Spain (official ones at least, we have had a shedload others presented by sports rags or magazines before that). Nobody cared about them and Guardiola didn't even show up to pick up his  :lol:

The only Championship one I disagree with is Chopra, but theres been a dearth of good strikers in this league. Possibly Maynard, Hooper or Sharp.

Two problems I have with Young Player of the Year:

1) Rooney and Milner are surely too old for that award

2) In theory, if Rooney wins Player of the Year, then surely he has to be Young Player too.

But Malouda and Lampard not getting in there is shocking.

Ameobi could have been looking at a 20 goals season had he stayed fit. He's always had a bit of quality in him but always been way too slow, if he just did everything he does 1,5 times faster (like how he always is caught offside) he would be a great striker. But he has all the time he needs in order to do his thing in this division.

Pretty nice that Ameobi, Nolan, Lovenkrands and Carroll all had their patches of form in perfect succession during the season  :thup:

You can't really argue at all with the team of the year. We all know in terms of quality in this league our strongest 11 and bench shits on everyone else's but this team is picked on individual form and with midfield and forwards its all stats, hence why people like Jonas miss out. You could make a case for Lovenkrands > Chopra and even Harper or De Vries > Camp but if I could pick 4 players that have been the spine of our side this year I'd pick those 4.

You can certainly argue with the PL one like. No Gerrard I can understand as he hasn't been at his best this year but no Lampard! :lol:

Ameobi could have been looking at a 20 goals season had he stayed fit. He's always had a bit of quality in him but always been way too slow, if he just did everything he does 1,5 times faster (like how he always is caught offside) he would be a great striker. But he has all the time he needs in order to do his thing in this division.

Pretty nice that Ameobi, Nolan, Lovenkrands and Carroll all had their patches of form in perfect succession during the season  :thup:

Wouldn't be too far fetched to say 30 as a reasonable estimation in hindsight, seeing what Carroll and Loven and other teams' strikers have done.

Wouldn't be too far fetched to say 30 as a reasonable estimation in hindsight, seeing what Carroll and Loven and other teams' strikers have done.

Loven managed 12 and only one player in the entire league has hit 20.

The only thing that will stop Rooney breaking Shearer's all-time Premier League record is if he moves to someone like Real Madrid at 27-28.

Should do the same with Beckham's England (outfield) appearances record as well.

He's also 25 goals away from breaking the England goal record. He's got 6-7 years give or take in the national team, he could get it.