NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

I don't know if Gosling's signing will affect this. It's hard to imagine us playing two such young players together in the midfield in the Premiership, and there'd be no point in Man U loaning Cleverley out if he wasn't going to get regular first team experience.

Still, if there's one player I'd like to see come here, it's Cleverley.

More likely though with Gosling out for the first few months. Midfield needs as much stregnthening as it can get.

Guest BooBoo

Cleverley scored a belting goal for Man Utd the other day. He certainly looks like he has something about him, despite me having a downer on loans in general.

Dont see how Gosling will affect Cleverley given that he is out for the first 20 games or so at least. Plus Cleverley will be a bit further up the field(or on the wing) than Gosling would normally play wouldnt he?

It's certainly in our interests to sign Cleverley, for those kinds of reasons. But Gosling isn't out for the season, and so I wonder whether Cleverley and Man U may now have better options ie somewhere he's needed more.

Natural pessimist me, though.

Guest Roger Kint

Dont see how Gosling will affect Cleverley given that he is out for the first 20 games or so at least. Plus Cleverley will be a bit further up the field(or on the wing) than Gosling would normally play wouldnt he?

It's certainly in our interests to sign Cleverley, for those kinds of reasons. But Gosling isn't out for the season, and so I wonder whether Cleverley and Man U may now have better options ie somewhere he's needed more.

Natural pessimist me, though.

Know what you are saying but with injuries like Goslings there will be a easing in period too so Cleverley should get nigh on 3/4 of the season ahead of him. Plus they are different players and Cleverley will offer a lot more in attacking situations from what i have seen which is what we need more. I can see Cleverley getting well over 30 appearances which is exactly what Fergie will want for him. Dont see any problem with this idea as its win-win for everyone.

I hope this Cleverly deal goes ahead - a good young player who will boost the attacking options of the midfield. We will have done well if we get him because Man U also have less cash this year than is the general rule, so in view of Fergie's high opinion of him, it would seem he might be doing us a favour.

We'll see....

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Cleverley would be good as he can play across the midfield, and I think he will be a player.

Pretty sure he already plays football, Pilko, being a professional football player 'n'all.

Cleverley is just what we need in midfield. Will cover for Gosling nicely as well.

I think that's his thinking, a good stand-in for gosling whilst he recovers. Gotta get another 2-3 players in at least though, in my opinion..

Guest WashyGeordie

Dunno if it's already been posted, but at work today Real Radio said that we're in for Otamendi, an Argentine defender for £8.5million.  :yikes:

But when i've came home and checked online there's been nothing about it anywhere, not even in the rumours i don't think, so i dunno who their source is...

Dunno if it's already been posted, but at work today Real Radio said that we're in for Otamendi, an Argentine defender for £8.5million.  :yikes:

But when i've came home and checked online there's been nothing about it anywhere, not even in the rumours i don't think, so i dunno who their source is...

http://www.tribalfootball.com/velez-sarsfield-defender-otamendi-excited-newcastle-interest-993321

Guest WashyGeordie

http://www.tribalfootball.com/velez-sarsfield-defender-otamendi-excited-newcastle-interest-993321

Oh, tribalfootball. Probs why then. But cheers.

Oh, tribalfootball. Probs why then. But cheers.

http://www.clarin.com/deportes/futbol/Newcastle-ingles-vino-carga-Otamendi_0_302369879.html

Guest Heneage

The fact we are in for him just proves again our targets are always left field.

Simply proves you believe any old s*** in the media tbh. 'Fact' ffs. :lol:

Any old s****. Bless. :iamatwat:

This reminds me of our debate over the reliability of L'equipe.