NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Agree with Ian W. SWP gets slated a lot on here, he isn't nearly as bad as some people like to make out.

Due to high wages though, I wouldn't like us to sign him. I reckon if he goes to Fulham he'll be brilliant for them. Would flop at West Ham and here, imo.

Ian W.....right?

Right right

Off camera to David Craig pardew apparently said deals are breaking down because of wages

That really irritates me.

Not that we have a wage cap, but that Alan Smith is earning enough for four decent players.

Yeah, I presume that if there is any kind of cap on wages it is on total wages and linked to turnover. Until the remaining silly-contract players leave, there will always be problems. It's a start though, and surely the only way to build. The silver lining is that players like Smith will hardly be in a good bargaining position when their contract is up for re-negotiation. When does his run out?

Off camera to David Craig pardew apparently said deals are breaking down because of wages

Not that we have a wage cap, but that Alan Smith is earning enough for four decent players.

i'm sure it irritates the ashley and co (mistake one ashley made, trusting fat sam) but its nigh on impossible to shift someone like smith when they're on wages like that

Whilst we need new signings, the club's in a pretty strong position financially and I wouldn't want to start compromising that for the likes of Seb Larsson, who doesn't seem to want to be here anyway. Obviously the club is prepared to pay very good wages to very good players.

Yeah, I presume that if there is any kind of cap on wages it is on total wages and linked to turnover. Until the remaining silly-contract players leave, there will always be problems. It's a start though, and surely the only way to build. The silver lining is that players like Smith will hardly be in a good bargaining position when their contract is up for re-negotiation. When does his run out?

End of 2012.  We gave him a five-year contract.

Not soon enough, 2012 i think.

And we all know what Mike Ashley has on the back of his shirt.

Worst thing is we didn't even need Smith when we bought him hence him being shoehorned into the team on the wing (shudder-still make me feel ill)

Whilst we need new signings, the club's in a pretty strong position financially and I wouldn't want to start compromising that for the likes of Seb Larsson, who doesn't seem to want to be here anyway. Obviously the club is prepared to pay very good wages to very good players.

Absolutely right.

:thup:

Guest Heneage

I admit it's very rose tinted, but the fact we can agree a deal with the likes of Tiote and BenArfa makes me think the players who've turned us down over wages are asking for more than they really are worth.

I admit it's very rose tinted, but the fact we can agree a deal with the likes of Tiote and BenArfa makes me think the players who've turned us down over wages are asking for more than they really are worth.

What makes you think Tiote is on high wages? Ben Arfa was in a very weak negotiating position too.

They're 'worth' the going rate, otherwise you won't get them and someone else will. Quite simple really.

Spot on and we will nwwd to get used to a few disappointments with deals breaking down.  It's good stuff though, avoiding the excesses of the past is the way forward for the club.  Better if done with a decent maanger, but ho hum.

Highly doubt Tioté is on big wages like. Twente are a very strict, well run club financially. They wont have been paying much to a player who came from Belgian football and was regarded as a squad player. Be very surprised if he's on more than 20k.